Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default brock lesnar

how many of you think he will "fight" again . his wwe contract is supposedly up after wrestlemania. we keep hearing about rumors of him returning to the ufc.

one thing is for sure if hes not in the ufc there is some promotion that will take him , that is guaranteed. so dont be surprised to see him in mma sometime soon.

alot of people like to talk sh*t about him , but give the guy some credit . he took on the tops guys right away .

i realy felt they should have gone against his wishes and given him lesser opponents at first .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't think his stomach will ever be where it needs to be to compete in MMA again. His condition is degenerative, and I'm sure opponents will target his midsection. I think wrestling is the safe bet for a longer career.
freezerburn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

you could be right . i wish he would have gotten invloved sooner. would be interesting to see how far he could have gotten if he was healthier .
Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

And your right, got thrown at big names right away. He would have annihilated lower ranked heavyweights.
freezerburn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

which is what he wanted. you would think that the ufc would have been smarter about it and put there foot down and said ......... no ... this is how your going to do it ... see how you do with lesser opponents then see how you do against the tougher guys .
Old 03-19-2014, 03:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
which is what he wanted. you would think that the ufc would have been smarter about it and put there foot down and said ......... no ... this is how your going to do it ... see how you do with lesser opponents then see how you do against the tougher guys .
lol, that would have been STUPID of UFC. What if they would have put him in with a lesser opponent and he got KO'ed or submitted? There goes everything down the drain.

Plus, when they put him in with Mir at first, it wasn't like Mir was lighting the world on fire at the point in his career. At least when Lesnar lost to Mir, they could say "hey, at least he lost to a former champion".
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

then .......he obviously couldnt face the stronger guys if he couldnt beat the mid level card guys. mir may have not been the best . but he is a reputable fighter that has had great success .
Old 03-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerburn68 View Post
And your right, got thrown at big names right away. He would have annihilated lower ranked heavyweights.

you mean like he annihilated the higher ranked HWs?? guy was an absolute beast...i still just dont think anyone will give the guy credit and at same time realize just how affected he was by the illness...it made him a shell...ufc 100 brock beats Overeem and hangs with cain much more...possibly beating him at the time too...Cain prob would have won still and would beat him often...

then the AO fight you have brock at a weakened state and AO juiced up...please...overeem sucks...brock would smash him if he was ufc 100 version
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasyk1121 View Post
you mean like he annihilated the higher ranked HWs?? guy was an absolute beast...i still just dont think anyone will give the guy credit and at same time realize just how affected he was by the illness...it made him a shell...ufc 100 brock beats Overeem and hangs with cain much more...possibly beating him at the time too...Cain prob would have won still and would beat him often...

then the AO fight you have brock at a weakened state and AO juiced up...please...overeem sucks...brock would smash him if he was ufc 100 version
Brock was at best a 1 trick pony. He turtled up like a little girl as soon as he has punched in the face hard. The AO on roids remark really makes me LOL he is in the minor leagues compared to Brock when it comes to sticking a needle in the ass to inject roids, you know the thing that gave him his "illness".

The worst part for me watching him fight was the friends I watch MMA with are all friends of Brock.
itradeerrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradeerrors View Post
Brock was at best a 1 trick pony. He turtled up like a little girl as soon as he has punched in the face hard. The AO on roids remark really makes me LOL he is in the minor leagues compared to Brock when it comes to sticking a needle in the ass to inject roids, you know the thing that gave him his "illness".

The worst part for me watching him fight was the friends I watch MMA with are all friends of Brock.
steroids cause diverticulitis ? shut up , you have no clue what your saying ....
Old 03-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
how many of you think he will "fight" again . his wwe contract is supposedly up after wrestlemania. we keep hearing about rumors of him returning to the ufc.

one thing is for sure if hes not in the ufc there is some promotion that will take him , that is guaranteed. so dont be surprised to see him in mma sometime soon.

alot of people like to talk sh*t about him , but give the guy some credit . he took on the tops guys right away .

i realy felt they should have gone against his wishes and given him lesser opponents at first .
Apparently his contract is up after Wrestlemania in 2015.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

I do agree with this part. He was extremely uncomfortable whenever he was punched in the face, more-so than just about anyone I've ever watched fight. He did not take punches well and didn't have a game plan once he started getting hit.

I would have loved to see what he could have done if he started MMA straight out of college.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
steroids cause diverticulitis ? shut up , you have no clue what your saying ....
Haha I was thinking the same thing. I've never heard that one.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

I thought he had a glass jaw too. I actually saw his first UFC fight (verus Mir) live. He was on his way to a win if he didn't club Mir in the back of the head.
letsgocapitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Try google it is your friend. Diverticulitis is a side effect of steroids.
itradeerrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

I like Brock. He took risks with his career and challenged himself to do better. That's the mark of a competitor and warrior. Although he suffered when it came to striking standing and submission, he knew enough to be successful. Personally, I don't think he should attempt a UFC comeback if the illness has effected him that much. He could make a good coach though.
#1. Roberto Clemente #4 Kirby Puckett
#2. Pete Rose
#3. Craig Biggio
Archangel1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

I don't see Brock coming back. He's too smart, and he's smart with his money. Between the WWE years, and some giant paydays in UFC, he's set for life.
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #18 (permalink)

Love to see him back in the cage, but I don't think he has much left to prove.

TheFlyingArmbar.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/theufcsuperfan
theufcsuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Try google it is your friend. Diverticulitis is a side effect of steroids.

but we dont know if it had anything to do with his drug use.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theufcsuperfan View Post
Love to see him back in the cage, but I don't think he has much left to prove.
and i thought that his contract was up after this wrestlemania. im still thinking he will fight again . but even if it is with a smaller promotion .... are they going to pay him what he wants ?