Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
MLH

I like her 'tude.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

One of her Four Horsewomen (Jessamyn Duke) lost tonight by decision. Fight stats made it look like it wasn't even a close fight. Duke even had close to six inches on Correia. I do like Rousey though, I just wish she would stop with this Four Horsewomen thing. No group will ever compare to the Four Horsemen led by Ric Flair.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:24 AM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
They are more alike than you would want to admit.
no they are not....its as simple as real vs. fake
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
no they are not....its as simple as real vs. fake
Real versus staged. Would you go to a stuntman who performs dangerous stunts everyday and call him fake? Besides, do you REALLY think that a lot of the trash talk and promos are real in UFC? Or are they used to hype up a fight?

Watch a few minutes of this documentary (I linked you to the exact place) about pro-wrestling and see how "fake" it is to Mick Foley and his family. To be fair, they don't get this intense much at all anymore, but you'd be surprised how "real" a scripted match can be.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Real versus staged. Would you go to a stuntman who performs dangerous stunts everyday and call him fake? Besides, do you REALLY think that a lot of the trash talk and promos are real in UFC? Or are they used to hype up a fight?

Watch a few minutes of this documentary (I linked you to the exact place) about pro-wrestling and see how "fake" it is to Mick Foley and his family. To be fair, they don't get this intense much at all anymore, but you'd be surprised how "real" a scripted match can be.
my point is, WWE wrestlers take protected hits, when you see a guy knocked out on WWE he is faking it....when you see a guy knocked out in UFC its for real, they take the real punches and practically every night there are matches you will see blood from taking real hits....when a guy in WWE really does get hurt that means something went wrong, it wasnt suppose to happen, it was on accident. Am I saying their bodies dont go through a lot or that they are not athletes? no not at all, but they are not suppose to be taking actual hits or real punches. It is suppose to look real not be real.....as for promos, i could care less about real/fake for that, im talking about actual fighting. What do you think the word "promo" means? it means to promote. They may or may not be entirely real in UFC but I def. think they are more organic than WWE.
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
my point is, WWE wrestlers take protected hits, when you see a guy knocked out on WWE he is faking it....when you see a guy knocked out in UFC its for real, they take the real punches and practically every night there are matches you will see blood from taking real hits....when a guy in WWE really does get hurt that means something went wrong, it wasnt suppose to happen, it was on accident. Am I saying their bodies dont go through a lot or that they are not athletes? no not at all, but they are not suppose to be taking actual hits or real punches. It is suppose to look real not be real.....as for promos, i could care less about real/fake for that, im talking about actual fighting. What do you think the word "promo" means? it means to promote. They may or may not be entirely real in UFC but I def. think they are more organic than WWE.
I wasn't trying to minimizing the punishment that UFC guys go through, but I will say that the wrestlers have to do what they do for around 250 days out of the year, so the wear and tear on them is comparable in my opinion. I pretty much consider what they do in the ring to be performance art. The acting is usually pretty bad, but every once in a while you get that promo or that match that will bring you back to being 6 and entranced by it.

I just think it is silly to not at least admit that a lot of the things that WWE will use to sell a PPV are the same things that UFC will use.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:34 PM   #32 (permalink)

Promotion is the way of the world in all things entertainment related. Without promotion sales numbers and viewership would be significantly less then it is. This is also the reason why Dana doesn't mind Bones or Ronda being brash and cocky because it sells tickets. The old saying goes there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I really don't believe the UFC interviews are as scripted as people think they are. I think that's Wrestling fans trying to diminish the UFC. It's funny they're two completely different things and somehow they get lumped together and I don't understand why. Personally I love the UFC and MMA in general but I also enjoy the WWE and wrestling as well. I don't however feel the need to compare them because their not even remotely the same. I can't see why people can't enjoy each of them for what they are and stop trying to see them as the same.
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcollecting View Post
you can hate someone but you have to be professional and be respectful in the ring/cage. There is no place for childish attitudes like ronda's in a growing sport that hopes to become as mainstream as football.
You don't have to be respectful if you hate someone. That's called being fake. If I hate someone, I'm not shaking their hand for any reason, especially after a fist fight.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #34 (permalink)

Exactly I couldn't see why everyone was so surprised by her not shaking hands with her after the fight. Ronda doesn't like her so why in the hell should she pretend like she does. I think it seems a little fishy to me when they hate each other all the way leading up to the fight and then just act like it was no big deal. More often I think it's because people get humbled in the fight and have no choice but to shake hands and suck it up which in essence is what I think Miesha was trying to do LOL!!!
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakigatame View Post
You don't have to be respectful if you hate someone. That's called being fake. If I hate someone, I'm not shaking their hand for any reason, especially after a fist fight.
no, it's called sportsmanship. UFC/MMA is a sport... it's not a street fight.

there will be bad blood now and then between certain fighters, but truly professional fighters don't have to constantly be dramatic, act butt-hurt and hate their opponents to fight. the UFC has done a pretty good job of minimizing that whole thug/tough guy culture (you usually see it on TUF... where the guy who talks the most smack wants to quit halfway through).

even Nick Diaz knows how to give it a rest after the fight. Rousey has some serious issues.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

I have no problem with her, she's a very good fighter, intelligent and has a light hearted personality, she's had a real passion for this sport since she was young, is always gracious with fans and media & a great ambassador for the sport of female MMA. If you're really going to condemn or hate on her for one incident after a fight with another woman she absolutely doesn't like it sounds like you're in the small minority

duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
No, it's called being fake. If we legit hate each other (see: not cutting promos on one another going into a fight but rather showing genuinely that we can't stand each other) and we get into a fight, we're not shaking hands afterwards. If we did, that makes any hatred between us fake. Ronda has no respect for Miesha and legitimately hates her. To expect her to shake hands with someone she legit hates and has no respect for is ridiculous.

Were you also mad when Brock Lesnar didn't touch gloves with Frank Mir? Say whatever you want, it's a fight.

Quote:
there will be bad blood now and then between certain fighters, but truly professional fighters don't have to constantly be dramatic, act butt-hurt and hate their opponents to fight.
Ronda hasn't 'constantly' done that. Two fights with Miesha Tate. That's it.

Quote:
even Nick Diaz knows how to give it a rest after the fight.
Because the crap he talks is just to sell fights and create hype. Ronda legit hates Miesha Tate. Big difference.

Quote:
Rousey has some serious issues.
She does. Not showing someone she hates respect isn't one of them.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Here you go since it seems to matter to you so much that sportsmanship be shown by Rousey. All you need to watch is the first 12 seconds. I await your response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFp4T0Xi98E
bradjames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #39 (permalink)

I like Rhonda. She's a great fighter and I would totally make out with her.
JasonM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:23 AM   #40 (permalink)

Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
my point is, WWE wrestlers take protected hits, when you see a guy knocked out on WWE he is faking it....when you see a guy knocked out in UFC its for real, they take the real punches and practically every night there are matches you will see blood from taking real hits....when a guy in WWE really does get hurt that means something went wrong, it wasnt suppose to happen, it was on accident. Am I saying their bodies dont go through a lot or that they are not athletes? no not at all, but they are not suppose to be taking actual hits or real punches. It is suppose to look real not be real.....
Ugh, the ignorance.

First off, guys do get cut from strikes in pro wrestling. Kofi Kingston's cut guys with kicks, Brock Lesnar cut John Cena with an elbow, Tomohiro Ishii got busted open by a headbutt a couple of months ago, Bryan Danielson got busted open bad from headbutts against Nigel McGuinness as well, Yuji Nagata cut Masayuki Kono with an elbow and I've been cut during training, too. I've seen guys get legit knocked out (see: not on accident) in pro wrestling matches. I've seen guys get legit injured (see: not on accident) in pro wrestling matches. I've seen friends go to the hospital to have fluid drained from their ears, I've seen friends get back injuries from taking a bump, I've seen my friends get concussions on strike exchanges. To act like none of that stuff happens legit is straight up ignorant.

Also, 'it is suppose to look real, not be real'...what? EVERYTHING hurts. Taking a bump on the mat hurts, hitting the ropes hurts, every move hurts even if they're done properly. Take a suplex in a pro wrestling ring and tell me it's not real. Hell, take ANYTHING in a pro wrestling ring and tell me it's not real.

Everything you've said here indicates that you have very little knowledge of pro wrestling as a whole. You spout the same rhetoric that a lot of people who don't like wrestling spout and they think they understand how things really work when they don't. Watch this video and tell me what Takayama is doing is fake. If you can, you're in some weird ass denial I've never even heard of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q5mBMaB5Us

Or watch this entire match and tell me that Ishii and Shibata aren't really hitting each other. Just because guys in WWE don't lay in strikes doesn't mean that other pro wrestlers don't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASVEQ6VGkQA

Just be mindful of this stuff going forward. I don't know anything about NASCAR and I'm not going to try to spout a bunch of crap pretending to know what I'm talking about when I have only a vague clue of what's really going on.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #42 (permalink)

Ronda Rousey looks to much like my exgirlfriend when she use to get mad at me.

Therefore, my default, I must hate her.
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #43 (permalink)

I like her. She is pretty much the only UFC fights I watch or care to watch. Even though there is really no match for her out there yet.
, TC RC's
http://www.freewebs.com/fanofstarbury03/
CubKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubKings View Post
I like her. She is pretty much the only UFC fights I watch or care to watch. Even though there is really no match for her out there yet.
Its almost like how it was for Anderson Silva for a long time, people are just waiting to see when there will ACTUALLY be some adequate competition that is as skilled of a fighter as she is
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote