Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasyk1121 View Post
few months ago i got a Silva/Sonnen dual from last years KO....numbered /10....probably one of the best cards i own....paid $62 for it...lol...that is such a joke...one of the biggest duals u can have really...like sonnen isnt a huge sell...but with Anderson its a big deal cuz of there rivalry...and got it for less than half the price of a box of KO...

I have a Jon Jones Ruby Auto 8/8 from MOT...at one time was gonna sell...but now i just cant bring myself to sell it cuz i know i wont get more than like $75 for it...
I'm with you 100%. I stopped collecting UFC cards for that reason. I hit a Dan Henderson auto relic in one of my boxes and would have kept it if it were a live card. But it was a redemption which means I'll be waiting for quite some time to get it. I figured if it's numbered like the other auto relic cards, I should be able to get one for under $20 once the card is live. The only card I really want is one of those meet Chael Sonnen cards. 10 randomly inserted cards get you a piece of training material signed by Chael and one grand prize nets you a meet and greet with him. That would be too cool. I saw one on eBay for $600 and am very hesitant to pick it up.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #27 (permalink)

Randy Couture not in set?!?

Is Topps starting to exclude the HOFers from the new releases?
Old 05-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

I am sure Dana and Randy's falling out, had a lot to do with him not being in the set. But me personally I am glad the legends, are not in every set, there are current fighters that don't have cards in each set already, adding guys that are retired, will make it so there are even less current fighters in the sets.

They should do a legends subset every few sets though, for the guys that do collect them.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

I watched some more breaks on YouTube today and it really hit home to me. Relic autographs numbered to 200+ with a sticker to boot, single color relics, mat relics (please get rid of these already), and one, maybe two, on-card autographs per box. For a product that is $150 and up, that is not acceptable.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
exactly....the cards look cool...like the designs....but i saw an Anderson Silva Ruby auto/relic /8 sell for $50....lol....its over...there is such a small % of cards you can hit to even be a $100 card....that Silva is most like considered a case hit or chances are its the best card in a case atleast....$50
That was my spider ruby gear auto and the sale price was about what I expected.

You have to remember.. Spider has had a ruby gear auto in about 10 ufc releases.. They can't sell for 200 bucks.. There are just too many of them.

I have opened many cases of this product and while a lot of it is the same stuff that ko 10, 12 and 13 had.. The look of the triple threads is the best so far.. And the cases are full of low numbered stuff

It is not as bad as I thought it would be(which is not exactly a ringing endorsement.. Lol)
matthewevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #31 (permalink)

first time doin UFC product, hit this, is he any good?? 1/1
foureal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foureal69 View Post
first time doin UFC product, hit this, is he any good?? 1/1
He's fighting for the Lightweight Title this year and he's a pretty popular fighter.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I watched some more breaks on YouTube today and it really hit home to me. Relic autographs numbered to 200+ with a sticker to boot, single color relics, mat relics (please get rid of these already), and one, maybe two, on-card autographs per box. For a product that is $150 and up, that is not acceptable.
i was at my LCS today and thought about doing a box... then i remembered all of the same things you mentioned. it's just not worth it. better to just by the singles i want. let someone else take the hit busting the boxes.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
i was at my LCS today and thought about doing a box... then i remembered all of the same things you mentioned. it's just not worth it. better to just by the singles i want. let someone else take the hit busting the boxes.
Good call anytime I have bought boxes of UFC I get killed. Singles are the ticket.
*Need Tomlinson /31 auto 2013 Supreme for rainbow*
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #35 (permalink)

I started looking through my UFC stuff and have decided to try to sell of all the autos I've collected except my Miesha Tate and Chael Sonnen ones. Stuff just isn't worth collecting anymore to me. I have about 60 so I think I'm just going to lot them up and sell them as a group.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #36 (permalink)

I got about a 25% return on my case I opened. Cannot complain but at the same time nothing huge like you could get from Bowman.
jbittma1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #37 (permalink)

Broke 2 boxes lost 150 on the break. I listed the cards and sold a few for a little over 100. The rest unsold and destined to sit in a drawer.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbittma1 View Post
I got about a 25% return on my case I opened. Cannot complain but at the same time nothing huge like you could get from Bowman.
cant complain? so its like $140 a box and you got about $35 out of each box...that sounds exciting...lol...i know u cant make money everytime...but that is brutal...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #39 (permalink)

I don't see UFC Champions fairing well when that comes out.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #40 (permalink)

25% Profit.

Quote:
cant complain? so its like $140 a box and you got about $35 out of each box...that sounds exciting...lol...i know u cant make money everytime...but that is brutal...
jbittma1 is online now   Reply With Quote