Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default tj dillashaw....who saw that coming?

Amazing performance....i mean the guy lost two fights ago to assuncio and gets a title shot....mma junkies were upset that he didnt deserve it and had no chance. So as his response he goes out and delivers a serious azz whooping on arguably the #1 pound for pound fighter in mma...wasnt even close.... Biggest upset since serra beat gsp....props to TJ!

Last edited by mickdapug; 05-25-2014 at 08:23 AM.
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

I watch a ton of MMA fights and I have no memory of a prior TJ fight. I actually passed on 1 of his /8 first autos because I thought it was over priced.
Never saw that coming. Wish I did - would have been a nice payout!
whelan144l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

No one saw that coming honestly. Barao will bounce back from this fight though for sure. Crazy to think John Dodson beat TJ in the ultimate fighter finale I believe it was and then TJ comes out and puts on the fight of his life. I can't even remember anyone even remotely testing Barao before this fight.
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Man what an upset! I wish I would have put $ on TJ.
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

On the flip side I bet a ton of people lost a bunch of money on Barao. Especially being that you had to bet 825 I think it was to win 100. I don't know how anybody takes the risk when the one fighter is such a favorite like that.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
Amazing performance....i mean the guy lost two fights ago to assuncio and gets a title shot....mma junkies were upset that he didnt deserve it and had no chance. So as his response he goes out and delivers a serious azz whooping on arguably the #1 pound for pound fighter in mma...wasnt even close.... Biggest upset since serra beat gsp....props to TJ!
People forget that Assuncao was supposed to get this fight but got hurt in his previous fight and was on medical suspension I believe. Dillashaw was supposed to fight Mizugaki on this card.

Its not like the Bantamweight division in the UFC is really deep. None of the other top guys deserved a shot either. Faber had just lost to Barao for the 2nd time in his last fight, Michael McDonald has lost 2 of 3 including one to Barao and Eddie Wineland has already lost to Barao and had just gotten KO'd his last fight.

Sherdog had Dillashaw as the #7 bantamweight so to say he was undeserving is a little much. His most recent loss was a controversial split decision to Assuncao and outside of that he had pretty much steamrolled the other 5 guys he fought since losing to Dodson. Most of his fights have been on Fight Nights or the Fox shows instead of the main card on PPVs so I don't think many people took him seriously.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4l1fe View Post
On the flip side I bet a ton of people lost a bunch of money on Barao. Especially being that you had to bet 825 I think it was to win 100. I don't know how anybody takes the risk when the one fighter is such a favorite like that.
yeah, it's a horrible bet to take that heavy of a favorite in MMA. way too much can happen.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

damn i was pissed..barao needs that lost..to ignite the fire again..34 game winning streak snapped..
bigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

CSFU alum. Friend put 200 on him at 8.5-1 nice hit. I honestly thought he had zero chance as all Team Alpha Male's have gotten destroyed by Aldo/Barao.

Barao looked really off after getting rocked. I think he never recovered.

Always buying Highend Items: PhotoBucket:
http://s1176.beta.photobucket.com/user/PACARDS/library/
Prospectorsadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

I thought the same thing after that shot in the first round Barao was a completely different fighter. He never seemed confident at all once that shot landed. He went into defense mode for the whole rest of the fight pretty much and I had TJ winning every round.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4l1fe View Post
No one saw that coming honestly. Barao will bounce back from this fight though for sure. Crazy to think John Dodson beat TJ in the ultimate fighter finale I believe it was and then TJ comes out and puts on the fight of his life. I can't even remember anyone even remotely testing Barao before this fight.
Did you see that Dodson said after he beats Mighty Mouse he will give TJ a chance to "run it back" to avenge TJ's TUF loss?

Trying to build up a super fight before Dodson even has a belt, good stuff.
jayrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

That would be interesting to see again. I think Dodson is the only fighter capable of giving Mighty Mouse an L right now at 125 to begin with so we'll see if he's writing checks he can't cash.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

like gamer4life said, Dodson, is probably the only fighter at 125 that can beat MM. But I see TJ having problems with Barao the 2nd time, and if not with Barao, with Assuncao(who should have got the title shot over Barao, especially with a win over TJ already)
Old 06-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

I liked Dodson early in TUF, even called him winning it pretty early. I'm a fan of the goofballs, guessed Sadollah and Nijem as well. Didn't get Nijem right but it was close.

Dodson just didn't have what it took in his loss to Demetrious, but hopefully he has stepped up his game when he gets his next shot.

Win or lose for Dodson and Dillashaw, they have already got people thinking about a fight between them. Champ vs Champ would be cool, but not completely necessary for this fight to happen.
jayrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

Dodson just ran out of gas in the Johnson fight. He knocked him down twice and was probably ahead on the cards after 3 rounds. Definitely looking forward to a rematch.