Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Short Print UFC Auto's Through the Years

I've been collecting the Topps UFC Autographs (Base) since the beginning, and have had trouble locating a few through the years. I'm wondering if anyone's ever seen these, knows where I can get a legitimate complete checklist, or best yet, has these cards and would sell them? Thanks for any help provided!

2010 Knockout - Cyrille Diabate, Nate Diaz
2011 Title Shot - Takanori Gomi
2011 Moment of Truth - Takanori Gomi
2011 Finest - Penn, Velasquez, Shields, Torres, Story
2012 Knockout - Brock Lesnar, Tim Kennedy
2012 Finest - Aldo, Evans

**Also, I can't seem to find anything other than refractor versions from 2013 Finest for the following, has anyone ever seen a "regular" issue?
Pettis, Silva, Valasquez, Weidman, Melendez, St-Pierre, Jones, Rua, Rousey, Faber.

Clark

Last edited by kuhlfire; 05-27-2014 at 04:54 PM.
kuhlfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am pretty sure there is a base auto of Nate Diaz(base autos are out of /188 in 2010 Ko right?)

Rick Story auto was never made.
Tim Kennedy tweeted Topps to let them he was ready to sign his cards.(but if you call Topps, they will say it is becuase Tim won't/hasn't signed yet.)

2012 Finest aldo's were redemptions and just started going out a few months ago. I have seena few on ebay already.

Alot of times, Topps will do Sp autos in Finest, and not do base autos of every card, that might have a #'d auto.

If you checked worhtpoint, and none of those have been for sale, that is most likely the case here.(no base autos, only #'d versions)
Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have an extra 12 Finest Aldo. Send me an offer if your interested. The 12 Finest Evans is still a PENDING redemption.
whelan144l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the info, I've seen ONE Diaz on eBay in the last couple of years, I can't believe there are 187 more out there, an no ones selling, but maybe.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

What's would you take for the 2012 Finest Aldo? And thanks for the clarification on the Evans.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

For the 2011 Finest, I have a lot of refractors, the base aren't worth putting on ebay. Might want to check out Check Out My Cards, Comics & Collectibles - COMC for base cards.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

As far as the 2013 Finest Rua auto goes. I have seen quite a few gold /25 versions. Ive seen the 1/1. I have never seen an unumbered base auto or a black /8 auto of his. And I check for Rua's quite regularly.

I only just sold a Diaz 2010 KO base auto. didnt realize they never popped up, but that would explain why it sold instantly on ebay!
bdean_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the info on the Rua, I think it goes the same for all those folks, something tricky that UFC Finest did for 2013. That's a shame you got rid of the Diaz already, I think that's the only one I need for the set, I don't believe the Diabate exists. Do you remember what "number" out of /188 the Diaz was? I don't think they made the whole production for that card, I've only ever seen one for sale, and one in a collection, and now the one you sold.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

I wonder how short printed that Finest Okami Base in Finest was? I remember people pulling crazy prices for a base.

Are you sure the story/cain finest exists? I remember pulling a redemption for a Cain auto in finest and they sent me finest moments auto, not sure if they made one?
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Roast View Post
I wonder how short printed that Finest Okami Base in Finest was? I remember people pulling crazy prices for a base.

Are you sure the story/cain finest exists? I remember pulling a redemption for a Cain auto in finest and they sent me finest moments auto, not sure if they made one?
Was definitely a SSP(first time in a UFC product), I was selling mine for $10 a piece, and was super lucky to hit one in every box I opened, around a case and half worth.

Not sure on cain finest auto, but the Story was definitely not made.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhlfire View Post
I've been collecting the Topps UFC Autographs (Base) since the beginning, and have had trouble locating a few through the years. I'm wondering if anyone's ever seen these, knows where I can get a legitimate complete checklist, or best yet, has these cards and would sell them? Thanks for any help provided!

2010 Knockout - Cyrille Diabate, Nate Diaz
2011 Title Shot - Takanori Gomi
2011 Moment of Truth - Takanori Gomi
2011 Finest - Penn, Velasquez, Shields, Torres, Story
2012 Knockout - Brock Lesnar, Tim Kennedy
2012 Finest - Aldo, Evans

**Also, I can't seem to find anything other than refractor versions from 2013 Finest for the following, has anyone ever seen a "regular" issue?
Pettis, Silva, Valasquez, Weidman, Melendez, St-Pierre, Jones, Rua, Rousey, Faber.

Clark
Diabate was never made

Diaz wasn't put into circulation and just given as redemption replacements

Titleshot Gomi redemptions went live but only a few were made.

Finest penn and valasquez was made, never seen shields, torres was SP and story was never made

2012 lesnar and kennedy were never made

Finest aldo was made , evans wasn't (I believe...i've stopped since then ).
hudda123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Thanks!

Hudda123,

Awesome, thanks for the information. I'm still looking for the Diaz. I've found a Titleshot Gomi, but no Moment of Truth yet, and I found the finest Aldo. I'll track down the Penn, Valasquez, and Torres sooner or later.

I'll scratch the Diabate, Story, Lesnar, and Kennedy from my list. I've heard the Evans was a redemption that hasn't shipped yet.

Clark
Old 09-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

They made several evans redemptions that were never made dated back to 2010 ko auto relics.

You're lucky to have found a gomi....I've only ever seen 2 or 3.
hudda123 is online now   Reply With Quote