Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   MMA - Mixed Martial Arts (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/)
-   -   Topps needs to do some SERIOUS answering for UFC Series 4 (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/93807-topps-needs-do-some-serious-answering-ufc-series-4-a.html)

Cubfan86 09-16-2010 12:28 PM

Topps needs to do some SERIOUS answering for UFC Series 4

Ok. This is a rant but I think a very legit one.
I ordered 5 cases of Topps UFC Series from Blowout cards. I have a huge chunk of $$ invested in this product. I know that busting wax is a gamble but if the product delivers, as stated in the checklist, it should not be a big loser.
I busted 24 boxes and the results were not just poor but brutal to say the least. The only 2 bigger name Autos I pulled were Rashad Evans and Randy Couture. No Lesnar,Liddell,Ortiz,Sanchez,St-Pierre,Edgar,Jon Jones,Gracie,Penn, etc....
Once again I know it is a gamble but of the autos I pulled there was nothing but the same guys over and over. I pulled multiple Autos of 11 guys Including 3 of Carlos Condit and 2 were in the same BOX!!!!!
And to make matters worse I only pulled 1 numbered auto in 2 cases. Thats 24 boxes with only base Autos (no big names) and 1 Auto #/88 of Patrick Cote!
So while you might think Woe is me this is when it gets interesting. One of the main reasons I purchased this product, as did a lot of other people, was the First Autograph cards of some Big name fighters. Well after doing some research and checking hundreds of box break, Ebay, etc it looks as though Topps has forgotten to include these Autos ALL TOGETHER!!!
There is not one MATT HUGHES,YOSHIHIRO AKIYAMA,MIRKO CRO COP,TAKANORI GOMI,RACHELLE LEAH,Paul Daley so far. That was the whole reason I bought these cases in the first place. How is that possible?
I am now going to lose close to $1000 and I am just plain sick!!
I need to figure out a way to contact Topps and see what they can do about this situation.
Rant over

Zerokruel 09-16-2010 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=Cubfan86;740374]Ok. This is a rant but I think a very legit one.
I ordered 5 cases of Topps UFC Series from Blowout cards. I have a huge chunk of $$ invested in this product. I know that busting wax is a gamble but if the product delivers, as stated in the checklist, it should not be a big loser.
I busted 24 boxes and the results were not just poor but brutal to say the least. The only 2 bigger name Autos I pulled were Rashad Evans and Randy Couture. No Lesnar,Liddell,Ortiz,Sanchez,St-Pierre,Edgar,Jon Jones,Gracie,Penn, etc....
Once again I know it is a gamble but of the autos I pulled there was nothing but the same guys over and over. I pulled multiple Autos of 11 guys Including 3 of Carlos Condit and 2 were in the same BOX!!!!!
And to make matters worse I only pulled 1 numbered auto in 2 cases. Thats 24 boxes with only base Autos (no big names) and 1 Auto #/88 of Patrick Cote!
So while you might think Woe is me this is when it gets interesting. One of the main reasons I purchased this product, as did a lot of other people, was the First Autograph cards of some Big name fighters. Well after doing some research and checking hundreds of box break, Ebay, etc it looks as though Topps has forgotten to include these Autos ALL TOGETHER!!!
There is not one MATT HUGHES,YOSHIHIRO AKIYAMA,MIRKO CRO COP,TAKANORI GOMI,RACHELLE LEAH,Paul Daley so far. That was the whole reason I bought these cases in the first place. How is that possible?
I am now going to lose close to $1000 and I am just plain sick!!
I need to figure out a way to contact Topps and see what they can do about this situation.
Rant over[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your loss. However, I doubt Topps will do anything. Brent cracked 25 cases of A&G and didn't pull one Stras mini - and they just said better luck next time.

mma138 09-17-2010 09:35 AM

like you said its a gamble . what about quality control ? alot of damaged cards ? a few people have said they had some issues .

cdizz 09-17-2010 10:23 AM

It seems like Topps has zero quality control in any of their products as of late. A TON of damaged cards, missing hits, too many redemptions, and just overall lack of quality. It is really sad that they shove crap down collectors throats and the best they can do is better luck next time. This is one of the main reasons I'm going back to just buying singles.

I did pick up some boxes of Series 4 and I see alot of problems with the product. Honestly I think it's very bland. Like you mentioned before these big 1st year autos have yet to surface, and you are seeing the same guys over and over again. Same old boring mat relics and fight gear and where last year the auto/relic was a hit per box, this year they are the bigger hits. IMO you have a very common card-1 per box, and the next year it's supposed to be a bigger hit, it waters down the product = not very exciting. It has carried over to the secondary market and resell value is really low. Big step back from last years product.

hmmdecloth 09-17-2010 11:21 AM

I was thinking about picking up a case of this, but from what I've been reading, the breaks have been brutal. Are there case hits? If not, I might just pick up a box or 2 to try out my luck.

nick9819 09-17-2010 11:22 AM

this is how topps has always been its just a shame they have UFC and star wars

solt0131 09-17-2010 11:26 AM

My cases were great, but they were all Hobby Direct cases.

ripandlist 09-19-2010 04:58 AM

My cases were great too, but they were from a distributor. Seems like Topps has been loading up the distributor cases lately.

Cubfan86 09-19-2010 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=ripandlist;745081]My cases were great too, but they were from a distributor. Seems like Topps has been loading up the distributor cases lately.[/QUOTE]

Ok. So my cases came from Blowout which means they are allowed to SUCK while Distributor direct cases are all loaded?
I think the product across the board is just not good.

Zacky1053 09-21-2010 03:58 PM

Why is the price so low on Series 4? Sorry I'm not really familiar with the release.

MasterOfTheDark 09-21-2010 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=Cubfan86;740374]Well after doing some research and checking hundreds of box break, Ebay, etc it looks as though Topps has forgotten to include these Autos ALL TOGETHER!!!
There is not one MATT HUGHES,YOSHIHIRO AKIYAMA,MIRKO CRO COP,TAKANORI GOMI,RACHELLE LEAH,Paul Daley so far. That was the whole reason I bought these cases in the first place. [/QUOTE]

I invested heavily in the 2010 Topps WWE release due to The Undertaker being on the checklist as having an auto/swatch, a jumbo swatch, and an auto in the release. He got dropped from those 3 cards, along with 4 other guys (including Jericho).

So I understand your frustration.:mad:

chunkbox 09-21-2010 06:20 PM

this just sucks all the way around... i mean how hard can it be to get guys to sign a sheet of friggin stickers...? COME ON ...

ive been really wanting to crack a case of the UFC 4 ... and WWE 2010... but im re - thinking both of those ideas now

mma138 09-22-2010 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=Cubfan86;745220]Ok. So my cases came from Blowout which means they are allowed to SUCK while Distributor direct cases are all loaded?
I think the product across the board is just not good.[/QUOTE]

i was happy with my case.you cant expect to get crazy cards in every box .

cruiserdaddy7 09-22-2010 11:28 AM

People got spoiled with Topps actually having value in a product combined with cards selling really well. This stuff cant be good every single release, it wouldnt be the card market if it were.

Cubfan86 09-22-2010 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=cruiserdaddy7;749938]People got spoiled with Topps actually having value in a product combined with cards selling really well. This stuff cant be good every single release, it wouldnt be the card market if it were.[/QUOTE]

That is where you are missing the point. There would be value in the product if Topps had not pulled one of the biggest bait and switch checklists of all times. If Hughes,Cro Cop and the others were in this product there would be good resale value.

Blake 09-22-2010 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=Cubfan86;750207]That is where you are missing the point. There would be value in the product if Topps had not pulled one of the biggest bait and switch checklists of all times. If Hughes,Cro Cop and the others were in this product there would be good resale value.[/QUOTE]

I think that if all those guys were in it, prices would be $10-$20 higher to accommodate..

mma138 09-23-2010 03:44 AM

[QUOTE=Cubfan86;750207]That is where you are missing the point. There would be value in the product if Topps had not pulled one of the biggest bait and switch checklists of all times. If Hughes,Cro Cop and the others were in this product there would be good resale value.[/QUOTE]

yeah it sucks that there not in there. but still dont guarantee you would get one of them. so there would still be people complaining that there break wasnt very good. it sucks to get a poor box but , you have to know that its going to happen sometimes. it's a gamble

tonedef2oo8 09-24-2010 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=Cubfan86;740374]Ok. I have a huge chunk of $$ invested in this product. I know that busting wax is a gamble but if the product delivers[/QUOTE]

I made it this far, everything after this while sad is pointless. YOU invested in something with a super high risk and YOU lost thats how it is, topps isnt going to send you all the autos you want.

Cubfan86 09-24-2010 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=tonedef2oo8;753512]I made it this far, everything after this while sad is pointless. YOU invested in something with a super high risk and YOU lost thats how it is, topps isnt going to send you all the autos you want.[/QUOTE]

No, YOU don't get the point that the cards were not even in the product to begin with. I may have busted 2 cases and not pulled any of the autos I was hoping for. But for them not to be included in the product at all with no warning is wrong.
The cases would have more value if the autos were included as well. Since they are not case prices have fallen like crazy.

onenineeightsix 09-24-2010 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=Cubfan86;753560]No, YOU don't get the point that the cards were not even in the product to begin with. I may have busted 2 cases and not pulled any of the autos I was hoping for. But for them not to be included in the product at all with no warning is wrong.
The cases would have more value if the autos were included as well. Since they are not case prices have fallen like crazy.[/QUOTE]

+1, false advertising on Topps behalf. You can get these boxes for $ 45, for four hits. Thats insane low. Had the other big names been in there too it wouldve have had more lasting power.

aharm84 10-08-2010 06:12 PM

Heard from my local shop owner this week that they will be doing some redemptions for some of the cards that were not put into the packs. The owner said his distributor told him they will be exchanging hobby packs for these redemptions.
I have yet to see anything official on this myself, but the owner told me he'd forward me the email about it whenver his distributor get it to him. His guess was that it'll be like the new Topps Chome Baseball pack redemptions, where you send in a box's worth of Hobby packs and get 1 redemption pack in return.
Hopefully this means we might actually get some Cro Cop, Gomi, Yoshida and Hughes auto's out of this product now. Wouldn't hold my breath for Paul Daley considering the dubious way he made his exit from the UFC.