Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to chunkbox
Default Gray Maynard

im thinking of starting to collect this guy... hes semi local and pretty good fighter... he from ohio and was an all american at michigan state...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

He's got the next title shot and he has beaten Frankie before. I'd say start right now just in case he wins the belt and his cards rocket. He's a great wrestler but not really a finisher at all. He won't be super collected even with the belt unless he starts finishing people. 5 rounds is a heck of a lot longer than 3!

I'd say he is probably one of the top 5 current fighters who would be a great investment though. My advice would be if you're going to do it. Do it now!!
louieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

cool thanks for the insight... i need it...
Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

collect him if \ you want. but to be honest he was NO chance of beating edgar
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
collect him if \ you want. but to be honest he was NO chance of beating edgar
....you know he's done it before right? Maynard is unbeaten against all competitors at this point in his career. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me to see Frankie as the underdog in this fight.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieb View Post
He's got the next title shot and he has beaten Frankie before. I'd say start right now just in case he wins the belt and his cards rocket. He's a great wrestler but not really a finisher at all. He won't be super collected even with the belt unless he starts finishing people. 5 rounds is a heck of a lot longer than 3!

I'd say he is probably one of the top 5 current fighters who would be a great investment though. My advice would be if you're going to do it. Do it now!!
Agreed, Maynard is a superb wrestler. But if the time was right it would be now. A ton of new product to choose from and a title shot within the next 4-6 months. Weather or not he can beat Edgar again remains to be seen. I personally have trouble doubiting the ability of someone who has beat BJ Penn 2 consecutive times. Should be a great fight none the less.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Agreed, Maynard is a superb wrestler. But if the time was right it would be now. A ton of new product to choose from and a title shot within the next 4-6 months. Weather or not he can beat Edgar again remains to be seen. I personally have trouble doubiting the ability of someone who has beat BJ Penn 2 consecutive times. Should be a great fight none the less.
I'll be watching that fight. I watch them all. I hope it is a great fight though. It's a hard one to sell because Maynard and Edgar are both wrestlers and their fights are usually long and boring. Especially Maynards. lol. Hopefully Edgar can use his Jersey Boy Strength to outclass Maynard but Maynard has a W in his win column from the last Frankie fight. I personally don't care who wins but above all else I'm just hoping it will be entertaining.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

a big part of the reason i want to start collecting the guy is because he is from ohio and went to college at MSU and was an all american there... and hes doing well in the UFC
Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'll be watching that fight. I watch them all. I hope it is a great fight though. It's a hard one to sell because Maynard and Edgar are both wrestlers and their fights are usually long and boring. Especially Maynards. lol. Hopefully Edgar can use his Jersey Boy Strength to outclass Maynard but Maynard has a W in his win column from the last Frankie fight. I personally don't care who wins but above all else I'm just hoping it will be entertaining.
lol he's way better now then the last time they fought each other, maynard is a joke and will be laughed at
Old 10-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
lol he's way better now then the last time they fought each other, maynard is a joke and will be laughed at
lol
I guess we'll see. I hope you're right to an extent but I personally think you are overestimating poor Frankie! Or else underestimating Maynard.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
lol
I guess we'll see. I hope you're right to an extent but I personally think you are overestimating poor Frankie! Or else underestimating Maynard.
maynard is def good, but i think frankie is enroute to being one of the best ever(possibly overtaking BJ's spot as best of all time in that weight class)