Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > The National Sports Collectors Convention

The National Sports Collectors Convention This is a seasonal forum that will run from about April through August each year.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Autographs

Do they have the dates set for when the athletes are signing? I see they have the list of participants, but was wondering if dates are set.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

National Sports Collectors Convention – Autograph Information

http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/#lineup
Old 03-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Need more Basketball players!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah but it doesnt say which days they are signing. Thats what I want to know. Im trying to plan a trip and which day some of those guys are signing might have an effect cause Id want to attend those days.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
Yeah but it doesnt say which days they are signing. Thats what I want to know. Im trying to plan a trip and which day some of those guys are signing might have an effect cause Id want to attend those days.
Unable to find more precise information about when they are signing; the only option available is to sign up via the second link for e-mail updates just above the autograph lineup. Sorry.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

They usually don't start listing actual signing times until the tickets for autographs actually go on sale. I believe this happens in May.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
Also, unfortunately, it's not uncommon to have players change days or cancel due to scheduling conflicts.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default VIP Signers

A few VIP signers announced:

Andy Van Slyke
Howard Johnson
Rick Waits

I would say a pretty good start.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

more signers announced!

VIP: Al Oliver (wish I still had the GU '76 Home Jersey and GU spikes )

also:Gordie Howe
Jake LaMotta
Jason Giambi
John Riggins
Old 04-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

More VIP Signers:

Mike Hargrove
Tom Browning
Hanford Dixon
Al "Bubba" Baker
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Is this typical for the names of VIP signers? I was really planning on getting Super VIP pass but now most likely will just pay for admission tickets for 3 or 4 days and get more if we want to go a the other 2 days or if not just sightsee Cleveland (go to show Wed, Thurs and Sun)and pay each day to park since I do not feel like I can make up the difference for 2 Super VIP tickets ($128) with these guests and card sets plus I have no real interest in getting anything signed from them other than Howard Johnson and I would have to figure in costs of getting baseballs/photos beforehand and the autos certified to even try to sell. I don't know how much interest there would be in selling the auto tickets either. Was hoping for more names I would at least recognize, which at this point is only half.

Ken's Patrick Willis PC-http://s745.photobucket.com/user/kpeifer84/library/Patrick%20Willis%20PC
Old 04-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyteamhater View Post
Is this typical for the names of VIP signers? I was really planning on getting Super VIP pass but now most likely will just pay for admission tickets for 3 or 4 days and get more if we want to go a the other 2 days or if not just sightsee Cleveland (go to show Wed, Thurs and Sun)and pay each day to park since I do not feel like I can make up the difference for 2 Super VIP tickets ($128) with these guests and card sets plus I have no real interest in getting anything signed from them other than Howard Johnson and I would have to figure in costs of getting baseballs/photos beforehand and the autos certified to even try to sell. I don't know how much interest there would be in selling the auto tickets either. Was hoping for more names I would at least recognize, which at this point is only half.
Yea, it's definately not a money making venture unless you have a good outlet to sell the stuff, or just collect. This is par for the VIPs, usually local names and a few others mixed in. There is only one I've never heard of but that is because he's an old Browns player.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
Yea, it's definately not a money making venture unless you have a good outlet to sell the stuff, or just collect. This is par for the VIPs, usually local names and a few others mixed in. There is only one I've never heard of but that is because he's an old Browns player.
Wasn't really looking to make money on it just hopefully break even compared to what I would pay for regular admission+ individual parking and other than Howard Johnson who I would keep in collection cause he was a Met I don't have any reason to get the other guys autos. And even with the parking pass which is approximate value of $40 for the week, it wouldn't be worth the extra cost for 2 people who only need 1 parking pass. Unfortunately at this point we would rather have the extra money to spend on cards than the "benefits" of a Super VIP pass which the biggest loss would only be an extra half hour each day.

Ken's Patrick Willis PC-http://s745.photobucket.com/user/kpeifer84/library/Patrick%20Willis%20PC
Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Wasn't really looking to make money on it just hopefully break even compared to what I would pay for regular admission+ individual parking and other than Howard Johnson who I would keep in collection cause he was a Met I don't have any reason to get the other guys autos. And even with the parking pass which is approximate value of $40 for the week, it wouldn't be worth the extra cost for 2 people who only need 1 parking pass. Unfortunately at this point we would rather have the extra money to spend on cards than the "benefits" of a Super VIP pass which the biggest loss would only be an extra half hour each day.
Sorry, I guess I didn't word that right, but I agree with what you're saying. I go into the show 4 days ($72+$40) and it's only me. So I only have $68 into the rest of the stuff. Last year I sold my autos, promos and even my badge since I don't stay to Sunday and you can hand stamp to get back in on your last day. But to do that x2 would be tough.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I will add that to me the main appeal of the SuperVIP pass is the line priority. With the mass of people that show up at the National the lines for autographs is very long. People with high numbers on their tickets wait an hour or more for popular signers. When you have 3 or 4 people your wanting to get at the same time it is stressful and hard getting to everyone. With a SuperVIP badge you show up at the signers scheduled time and go right in. If your only getting a few people don't buy the pass, if your getting several you should consider it.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schocktown View Post
I will add that to me the main appeal of the SuperVIP pass is the line priority. With the mass of people that show up at the National the lines for autographs is very long. People with high numbers on their tickets wait an hour or more for popular signers. When you have 3 or 4 people your wanting to get at the same time it is stressful and hard getting to everyone. With a SuperVIP badge you show up at the signers scheduled time and go right in. If your only getting a few people don't buy the pass, if your getting several you should consider it.
I think the front of the line thing is only for All Access Super VIP which I would not even consider since I am not getting any star/HOF autographs. I mean just base Super VIP which comes with the 18 mediocre guests (doubt there will be huge lines). There is a $100 difference in price between the 2, with the extras being front of line and then a few free extras such as authentications and photo ops with "certain" guests. I was only considering base Super VIP mainly for the extra half hour, parking and promo items IF the included 18 VIP guests were worth paying the extra money to get items and authentication(thinking would need COA to make it worth trying to sell). I am not an autograph collector would only be interested in players from my favorite teams and the only one so far is Howard Johnson, the rest we would try to sell(either autos or tickets) to recoup the extra money put out for the passes and I just don't think that is possible compared to what we would pay for parking and 5 days general admission x2(if we even would decide to go all 5 days, almost locked into going all 5 days with VIP) We will be in Cleveland until Sunday and will definitely go first 2 days and last day(which is really only 2 full days since we can only stay til around noon on Sunday), but depending on what is all there and how long it takes to get through may not need the other 2 days and will just visit other sites in Cleveland as this is going to be our family vacation as well for my husband and I. In Baltimore we only went 2.5 days at most and felt we did need more time so we shall see. Was excited to get the Super VIP pass at first before the guests were announced but when we are going for the reason to buy singles and wax it just makes more sense to have the money for that than to put it out for the Super VIP pass. Even though it would be cool to have Super VIP pass with some extras at this point it makes the most sense to me to have the most money for cards.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Last year the lines were huge for VIPs. I heard they sold a lot more VIP packages than the previous year in Baltimore which was my first at being a Super VIP All Access. The TriStar guys working the show suck! They are supposed to let Super VIP All Access only in after the Platinum guys, but they continually were allowing lower VIP paid customers ahead of us. Every time someone complained, it was like they could care less.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post
Last year the lines were huge for VIPs. I heard they sold a lot more VIP packages than the previous year in Baltimore which was my first at being a Super VIP All Access. The TriStar guys working the show suck! They are supposed to let Super VIP All Access only in after the Platinum guys, but they continually were allowing lower VIP paid customers ahead of us. Every time someone complained, it was like they could care less.
Do you mean VIP pass holders or VIP auto guests?

Old 04-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you mean VIP pass holders or VIP auto guests?
VIP Pass holders. All Access Super VIPs are supposed to be ahead of regular VIPs and I had a few VIPs who were always in front of me somehow. I actually got into an argument with one older gentleman who I had a feeling I wasn't going to like him much after Baltimore and then we got in some words last year. I'm sure he'll be there this year again.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Are the front of the line passes worth the price for autographs?
Photobucket: http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r546/PittsburghBoxBreaks/
Old 04-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagaman42 View Post
Are the front of the line passes worth the price for autographs?
It all depends on how many they sell. It was definitely worth it in Baltimore. but last year, I felt I waited too long in lines. Like I said, the National President mentioned that they had sold out of VIP packages last year, so that had a lot to do with it.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Dale Murphy & Carlos Baerga announced as Free Autograph Guests signing at the VIP Party on Wednesday afternoon 7/30/14 and at 35th National Sneak Peek on Wednesday evening.

Good names if you ask me!!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

Looking for a 8x10 signed by Hines Ward to someone going. Please PM when dates are announced.

--Drew
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #24 (permalink)

Does the HOF inscription come with the price of the auto, or is that extra? I know inscriptions, in general, are extra, but for everyone on the HOF, do they just fign it that way automatically?
Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

The only person I have seen sign HOF automatically even though you haven't paid extra for an inscription was Steve Carlton at the Baltimore Show two years ago.