Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Panini announces redemption plan for 2010 Fall Expo

Panini announces redemption plan for 2010 Fall Expo
October 30, 2010, 9:01 am

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Contributing Editor

Panini America announced its plans for the 2010 Toronto Sportcard and Memorabilia Fall Expo, which starts Nov. 12.

Canada may be known as hockey country and Panini is doing what they can with the sport, but the company is not forgetting basketball or football.

Collectors will get a two-card Expo-exclusive pack for every five packs they open from Paniniís multisport roster of products or a full box of 2010-11 Score Hockey. The packs and boxes must be opened at the companyís booth.

See what you can get after the jump.

Hockey: A six-card redemption set geared around 2010-11 Donruss Hockey (limited to 500 copies), which includes two Rated Rookies (250 copies), two Ice Kings (250 copies) and seven autographed Rookie NHL Patch cards (limited to just 25 copies).

Randomly inserted into the packs will be autographs versions of Ryan Miller and Jonas Gustavsson base cards, Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin Rated Rookies and Ray Borque Ice Kings.

Other autographs that could be found in the packs include Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy, Steve Yzerman, Eric Staal, Joe Thornton and Steven Stamkos.

Football: NFL quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow will have cards randomly inserted into packs. These cards are limited to just five copies each. There is also the chance of getting autographs of Bradford and Tebow.

Basketball: Kobe Bryant, John Wall and Evan Turner autographs will find their way into packs on a limited basis. Wall and Turner will also have Donruss-inspired cards limited to just five copies.

Panini announces redemption plan for 2010 Fall Expo The Beckett Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Is Blowout gonna be setting up this year at the Expo?
I will be going on Sat. Nov. 13
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey I'm having troupe finding info about this event..I live real close..how much are tickets? -do yu need tickets? And are there good deals here or is it gonna be regular prices? This is te first I've heard of this expo lol. I've searched on google but only find that post..anyone have a site with info? Thanks

Ps. On my iPhone hard to surf the web so I couldnt put much effort into it lol..lecture halls don't have the best signals
Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblackiie View Post
Hey I'm having troupe finding info about this event..I live real close..how much are tickets? -do yu need tickets? And are there good deals here or is it gonna be regular prices? This is te first I've heard of this expo lol. I've searched on google but only find that post..anyone have a site with info? Thanks

Ps. On my iPhone hard to surf the web so I couldnt put much effort into it lol..lecture halls don't have the best signals
$12 admission, $25 weekend pass Fri-Sun

Sportcard & Memorabilia Expo The Toronto Hockey Card Super Show

is the opffical site but it's not updated to show the auto guests. Last eyar they did a Bruins thing this year it's Chicago I think with Glenn Hall Ed Belfour etc....

Guys are willing to make deals. lots of boxes, jerseys, singles, mcfarlanes, memorbilia auto's redemption booths ITG and UD...
Old 11-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

alright thanks a lot man, i appreciate that...I actually check t out last night tho, looks awesome..they had a video that I watched that makes it look very intriguing. The fact that it is mainly hockey discourages me tho, and I'm not sure how good the deals are gonna be for basketball - the only sport I collect. Ah well, it'll be a last minute decision if I go or not lol. thanks.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
alright thanks a lot man, i appreciate that...I actually check t out last night tho, looks awesome..they had a video that I watched that makes it look very intriguing. The fact that it is mainly hockey discourages me tho, and I'm not sure how good the deals are gonna be for basketball - the only sport I collect. Ah well, it'll be a last minute decision if I go or not lol. thanks.
Yup, tons of hockey

Some singles and boxes of the other sports

Baseball was very scarse last year
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I'm sure there will be some, but its mostly hockey. Still never know what you'll find though. Typically not a ton of wax, but not sure where Toronto is located (or more so where the 2 big Canadian distrubutors are located) as I dont recall any big wax displays like we're used to seeing in say Chicago (Sun Times) or the National. Heck even Giblaters setup is fairly impressive for asst wax.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Yup, tons of hockey

Some singles and boxes of the other sports

Baseball was very scarse last year
Yeah well its understandable...the only reason my LCS has basketball lately is mainly because of me, I have to order in order to get something other wise its mainly hockey..and then quite a bit of football lol. But yeah, it looks like an awesome convention still. I think I should check it out.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Not much basketball - maybe about 3-5 booths will have something of interest. They probably don't think basketball will sell well since we don't really have a champion organization in the Raptors.

It is mostly hockey and old baseball stuff...but I still go anyways since it's the only big convention that's driving distance from me.

I always go twice a year hoping that each time it will be different - that there will be more basketball, but alas, it's the same from year to year.
DeRozan#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRozan#1Fan View Post
Not much basketball - maybe about 3-5 booths will have something of interest. They probably don't think basketball will sell well since we don't really have a champion organization in the Raptors.

It is mostly hockey and old baseball stuff...but I still go anyways since it's the only big convention that's driving distance from me.

I always go twice a year hoping that each time it will be different - that there will be more basketball, but alas, it's the same from year to year.
thanks man, and how are the prices on the basketball? generally better than the card shops?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
thanks man, and how are the prices on the basketball? generally better than the card shops?
I think the interest in BBall will be lower this year with Raptors expectation dropping and no Bosh. Some sellers might have some current stuff with Bosh and DeRozan but don't count on much.

Still worth checking out and trying to score those deals.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
I think the interest in BBall will be lower this year with Raptors expectation dropping and no Bosh. Some sellers might have some current stuff with Bosh and DeRozan but don't count on much.

Still worth checking out and trying to score those deals.
true, it can't hurt...only $12 to get in, so I might as well check it out.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

T minus 48 hours till I crash the party Anyone from Michigan going and want to car pool..you know how to get ahold or me! Day tripping
Old 11-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Robert texted me and told me to check out Panini's Twitter.

This is what I found

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post
Robert texted me and told me to check out Panini's Twitter.

This is what I found

solid autos for sureeeee