Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I'm thinking Chris would be generous to cancel the shipping costs if you get 4 separate orders of under $99 or something
Nope, they can't afford to do that with such low prices. It's a good idea to order a few supplies or an extra box with your deals so you can break the $99 free shipping cap.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
Nope, they can't afford to do that with such low prices. It's a good idea to order a few supplies or an extra box with your deals so you can break the $99 free shipping cap.
Exactly, that's what we did last year.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

4:00 AM west coast, gonna be tough
phil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

Posting for it.
heely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Last year I had a nightmare because I stayed up all night and then I pretty much dropped dead by 3-4 PM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #31 (permalink)

If there was some consistency to the entire mirage it wouldn't have been so frustrating last year. The site was so slow you couldn't view the forums, so they'd post sale on Ebay, then put it on Twitter, then tell us about it here, and by the time we could even read the message the items would be gone. It was a total mess. Some people made out well, but many of us gave up in frustration. I'll dabble and see what happens this year, but unless they've upgraded their servers, which logic tells me they have not, it'll be a slow affair once again.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #32 (permalink)

not sure why they choose the same hours as other actual retailers to do this? i mean, a lot of ppl (myself included) would want in on this deal and willing to spend some dough but will choose LIVE in-store shopping of non-cards related things. i dont see how it benefits them to cut off a big part of their market by competing with black friday stores. if they had it later in the day, then they could have their own black friday window
Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
If there was some consistency to the entire mirage it wouldn't have been so frustrating last year. The site was so slow you couldn't view the forums, so they'd post sale on Ebay, then put it on Twitter, then tell us about it here, and by the time we could even read the message the items would be gone. It was a total mess. Some people made out well, but many of us gave up in frustration. I'll dabble and see what happens this year, but unless they've upgraded their servers, which logic tells me they have not, it'll be a slow affair once again.
"Our website will be down for maintenance sometime between 3am-5am Eastern time Nov 18, 2010."

They have this message on the main site right now. Who knows if it has anything to do with Black Friday. Could be server related.
WizFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #34 (permalink)

I got up last year at 4AM to take a crack at this (I'm on the West Coast) and was really frustrated. I got things to my cart and I'd go and click submit payment, and it would say there was no more product left. I ended up getting nothing, while I'm a huge fan of Blowout, I don't think I'll get up that early to come away empty handed, but we will see...
achantl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achantl View Post
I got up last year at 4AM to take a crack at this (I'm on the West Coast) and was really frustrated. I got things to my cart and I'd go and click submit payment, and it would say there was no more product left. I ended up getting nothing, while I'm a huge fan of Blowout, I don't think I'll get up that early to come away empty handed, but we will see...
there should be limits on # of dollars spent during the first 2 hours. then the limit can be lifted. but we are all fans of blowout and should be all given an oppurtunity at a good deal!! Not just those with nothing to do but sit next to the computer!!

http://s1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/teej750/All%20football/Autos%20FT/
9erFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erFan View Post
there should be limits on # of dollars spent during the first 2 hours. then the limit can be lifted. but we are all fans of blowout and should be all given an oppurtunity at a good deal!! Not just those with nothing to do but sit next to the computer!!
yea i agree. eveyrone should have a chance at it, to get at least one of the specials

although, i think it sucks that you avhe to pay individual shipping, which is what i read earlier? it really makes no sense to me. but then again, i'll probably be out doing real black friday shopping during those morning hours..
Old 11-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

In the past, they have posted a special on 1-2 items every 10-30 minutes, so even if you can't make it during the morning, you can still get some deals after lunch. So don't think that if you can't be logged on at 7 AM you will miss out.

Also last year, after all the specials were over, then BO posted their weekend specials. While the prices were higher than the black friday prices, they were lower than their normal weekend prices (for example I think Indiana Jones KOTCS cases were around $80 during the black friday sale, then for the weekend sale they were $100, when they are normally $120 on the weekends). So you should be able to get a good price on something.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sblez

I don't mind paying shipping for each individual order. Some of deals they did last year were just AMAZING. Last year I couldn't believe some of the prices. (Example: 06/07SpGu Basketball for 9.99.
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #39 (permalink)

1 favor is all I ask, more Basketball this year!

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #40 (permalink)

I'll be up early on the West Coast hoping to get something nice from here, We'll see what happens. Hope I can get at least one item
Newbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #41 (permalink)

For all of you who haven't been through this before. Consider "black friday" a lottery. You will have a snowballs chance in he!! of getting in on a really great deal. There will be thousands, yes thousands of people logged into blowouts site that have never even been here before. If you feel entitled because you are a regular member here, or you order a bunch of stuff from blowout, you are sadly mistaken. This is one of blowouts biggest days for promotion. It's not about loyal members, it's about gaining new members through a ton of traffic. I wish blowout good luck with this promotion as well as all of the members that log on and try to beat the odds.

STUMP
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

will be up at 4 in the morning

will go 4-7 and hopefully get some nice deals cause I have to do some other stuff

last year I scored 2 boxes
boxbreaker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #43 (permalink)

Seems to be a lot of negativity towards this promotion. Last year I was able to get in on 3-4 deals. It's no different than any other on-line promotion, you need a reliable high speed connection, to be fast with your trigger finger, and have a good redial button. A little luck helps too.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #44 (permalink)

arent most of the deals available after 5pm anyway - think they were last year
jdbrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #45 (permalink)

Where are they gonna be available ??? Ebay Or Blowout Cards ???
nflfans4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblez View Post
I don't mind paying shipping for each individual order. Some of deals they did last year were just AMAZING. Last year I couldn't believe some of the prices. (Example: 06/07SpGu Basketball for 9.99.
9.99 is a fun rip for a product, but 06/07 @ 9.99 is relaly just for the fun, nothign else. the single piece jerseys really arent even worth .99 IMO
Old 11-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #47 (permalink)

Last year they had an awesome selection of $10 boxes that you could add to your order to hit the $100 free shipping threshold.

You cannot leave the incredible deals in your cart waiting to accumulate the $100 because it is first order processed, first order served and the item will disappear from your cart.

All I can say is bring it on!!! The personal funds will be good this year with PayPal and Blowout Store Credit. I am hoping for better luck than I had last year. I only got a 2008 Score Select FB box and then created a second order with just $10 boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #48 (permalink)

last year deals were aval at night after it was over for really good prices and you didnt have to like kill people for them, just normal ordering thats where I got my good deals.

Blowout please do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smackedsillyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #49 (permalink)

Give us some teasers!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico08 View Post
Give us some teasers!!!
Yeah we want some teasers !!!
nflfans4ever is offline   Reply With Quote