Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #151 (permalink)

I would say what pissed me off most was they would almost tease with some stuff and post really good deal but then you realize it's a retail box. I almost bought a few until i snapped. And what was up with the the webkinz, scooby doo, and nemo type stuff i doubt people are waiting since 4 or 5 to snag one of those . Oh well on the upside i guess we all have a little extra money to spend now

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sserrano49 View Post
I would say what pissed me off most was they would almost tease with some stuff and post really good deal but then you realize it's a retail box. I almost bought a few until i snapped. And what was up with the the webkinz, scooby doo, and nemo type stuff i doubt people are waiting since 4 or 5 to snag one of those . Oh well on the upside i guess we all have a little extra money to spend now
agreed here. i didnt buy any even though i was expecting to spend a few hundred. hrmmm now what...

maybe the manufacturers got really ticked off at BO for last year's deals haha so BO decided to keep the prices 'fair'
Old 11-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #153 (permalink)

I thought it was a major disappointment with all of the hype and I pretty much followed it all day on Twitter. Bought a few things but would have spent a lot more money. Seemed like a lot of junk IMO.
PhillyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #154 (permalink)

I bought 18 boxes last year and zero this year
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Weekend deals will be just as good, if not better. Just like last year.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #156 (permalink)

I bought some boxes for over $300. I do regret one or two but it's no big deal.
Sushiyoshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post

so i hoped.

but not remotely close to last year. no better than any other weekend. in fact probably worse than average.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #158 (permalink)
Banned

I was on the computer for 7 hrs

I give them so much credit for doing this

got 2 boxes of 2007 contenders for the price of 1
boxbreaker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #159 (permalink)

I was happy with my purchase. I was able to grab a box of 2007 eee baseball for 79.26. I had 7 packs of 08 heroes in my cart just waiting for a purchase around $80 so I could get free shipping.
GoTribe!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #160 (permalink)

I wasn't there for the sale last year, but I thought this year went ok.

I ended up with a box of legendary cuts and 2007 contenders from ebay, a box of american heritage, upper deck future stars, and 2008 sp authentic baseball direct from blowout.

To be honest I think could've gotten a couple more of the ebay deals. I had it timed out pretty well.

I will be here next year!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #161 (permalink)

Last year $80 boxes were being sold for $12. This year $80 boxes were being sold for $70.

This was not what I expected but I'd rather have minor deals than no deals at all.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #162 (permalink)

I take back what I said about DA being better; when I saw that the Playoff packs were $40 cheaper each lot at sale vs. normal price; I was happy with what I got
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
weekend deals are up right now. they're not anymore special than umm last weekend...
Old 11-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #164 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
weekend deals are up right now. they're not anymore special than umm last weekend...
but you wont have to refresh your screen for 8 hours to only end up with 1 box.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #165 (permalink)

I got mine even when it had been on special for a while, didn't feel like getting PO'd at ebay and not get anything
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #166 (permalink)

yeah i agree witht he majority here the deals were not great most of the boxes were not that desirable. Last year was much better in my opinion.
antthebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #167 (permalink)

I sent them an email asking if I could grab 2 boxes of 10/11 certified and they said they were sold out, at 4pm when the deal was off I check an they have 36 boxes at $72..lying bastards
brizzlenizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingmensan View Post
Last year $80 boxes were being sold for $12. This year $80 boxes were being sold for $70.

This was not what I expected but I'd rather have minor deals than no deals at all.

lol...well you gotta love their weekend sales too...$1 off some boxes..$3 off others...pretty insulting if you ask me lol - they take us for idiots?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #169 (permalink)

I bought more wax in one day than I ever had, but it was "over there". I sat through all but the first two hours of the sale, refreshed, refreshed, refreshed...clamored for what I wanted time and time again and the offerings were either retail, or the savings were so minimal that it wasn't enough to justify a purchase. The problem here is the artificial expectation generated by the pre-sale hype, and that isn't necessarily Blowout's fault. We, as the consumer are just as guilty in perpetuating a sense of entitlement in regard to what we think we deserve in a deal. That being said, however, the "bitching" was warranted, especially since it was coming from the core of Blowout's market. The preponderance of products were not indicative of what the core customer group purchases, or even wants. So from that aspect, the sale was a disappoint.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMmedia View Post
I bought more wax in one day than I ever had, but it was "over there". I sat through all but the first two hours of the sale, refreshed, refreshed, refreshed...clamored for what I wanted time and time again and the offerings were either retail, or the savings were so minimal that it wasn't enough to justify a purchase. The problem here is the artificial expectation generated by the pre-sale hype, and that isn't necessarily Blowout's fault. We, as the consumer are just as guilty in perpetuating a sense of entitlement in regard to what we think we deserve in a deal. That being said, however, the "bitching" was warranted, especially since it was coming from the core of Blowout's market. The preponderance of products were not indicative of what the core customer group purchases, or even wants. So from that aspect, the sale was a disappoint.
why you typing like that? there's kids on here who may not understand wtf you're saying...

anyways..how is it our fault with the hype? They're the ones advertising about how many people come for these deals..implying that they are good...they sent out teasers showing some of the better savings to show us what we could get....overall enticing us to waste 9 hours or whatever sitting there to see their good deals (which I didn't, twitter notifications on my phone ftw).....if anything they hyped it up, and we believed what they were saying...I don't see how it is....we, the consumers....fault...we may think that we do deserve a good deal..and not a couple bucks off..but WE DO, many people swear by the site!...how many purchases are made on the site by the people on this forum? and they insult us with minimal..not just minimal...but...MINIMAL savings...

not the consumers fault is all I'm saying - I don't agree with your statement
Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Well you can go back and read my post and quite a few posts in this thread from members who went through last year's ordeal - had you done that (and trusted us a little lol) that should have tempered expectations some.

I guess for that reason I wasn't disappointed this year...this year you knew what to expect to some degree.
My problem is still less to do with the "deals" themselves....any box is a big gamble, so I'd have to agree with others that any box $10-40 can provide a fun and low-risk break. Personally, I dislike the fact deals are spread over multiple pages, and the checkout process, etc. makes the entire process stressful and frantic. I have to say that competitors did a much better job providing a streamlined and efficient means to present similar deals.
rymflaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #172 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong - the blame is squarely in the court of Blowout by-and-large; just not entirely. My point is that perception can be skewed to the point that expectations can't possibly be met. I was more upset with the product offerings (RETAIL (and lots of it), Nemo (WTF), Scooby Doo, Twilight, Poker, etc.) more so than the lack savings.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #173 (permalink)

Yes, absolutely. The fact that the best deals were on eBay and were a virtually impossible to get, while simultaneously refreshing Twitter and Facebook to keep current on the deals was extremely frustrating. The integration of social media for an event like that was a good concept. The execution wasn't the greatest.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #174 (permalink)

I remember how the sale was last year, and I didn't even bother to try this year. I just checked out some stuff on the website and I crack up how mystery jerseys baseball is on sale for $0.90 off the original price.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #175 (permalink)

Default i agree

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - the blame is squarely in the court of Blowout by-and-large; just not entirely. My point is that perception can be skewed to the point that expectations can't possibly be met. I was more upset with the product offerings (RETAIL (and lots of it), Nemo (WTF), Scooby Doo, Twilight, Poker, etc.) more so than the lack savings.
im a newbie. i spent 300 today, but whole heartedly agree. i believe i wouldnt have been so disappointed if i hadnt seen so much about "last years" deals!

http://s1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/teej750/All%20football/Autos%20FT/
9erFan is offline   Reply With Quote