Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #176 (permalink)

What is frustrating people more that BO was competing against; the "other" site, or how great last year was?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #177 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to wee111 Send a message via AIM to wee111 Send a message via MSN to wee111 Send a message via Yahoo to wee111 Send a message via Skype™ to wee111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMmedia View Post
I bought more wax in one day than I ever had, but it was "over there". I sat through all but the first two hours of the sale, refreshed, refreshed, refreshed...clamored for what I wanted time and time again and the offerings were either retail, or the savings were so minimal that it wasn't enough to justify a purchase. The problem here is the artificial expectation generated by the pre-sale hype, and that isn't necessarily Blowout's fault. We, as the consumer are just as guilty in perpetuating a sense of entitlement in regard to what we think we deserve in a deal. That being said, however, the "bitching" was warranted, especially since it was coming from the core of Blowout's market. The preponderance of products were not indicative of what the core customer group purchases, or even wants. So from that aspect, the sale was a disappoint.
Blowout was the one who said there would be "unbelievable deals"
Old 11-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee111 View Post
Blowout was the one who said there would be "unbelievable deals"
They did have unbelievable deals...on NEMO cards.

Bait-and-switch, imo.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #179 (permalink)

I'd agree that the discounts were not as big as last year. Didn't stop me from grabbing a case of Bowman Chrome baseball foor $489. I think that's as low as you'll see it from now on. Props to Blowout for working their tails off today, even if they couldn't offer the huge discounts.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
I'd agree that the discounts were not as big as last year. Didn't stop me from grabbing a case of Bowman Chrome baseball foor $489. I think that's as low as you'll see it from now on. Props to Blowout for working their tails off today, even if they couldn't offer the huge discounts.
bowman chrome will be at or under 489 by january
Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #181 (permalink)

I got nothing good to say about it. I'll just get my stuff in a few weeks on one of the better weekend sale, which I should have done since the start. No black Friday for me next year.
smackedsillyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure

I've heard some chatter from distributors and dealers that Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome aren't going to get any lower. They've actually gone up over the last few days.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #183 (permalink)

I'm not unhappy. I got a box of 2007 Triple Threads football for $99 shipped, how can you beat that?

I picked up a few more boxes for a solid $20ish off the normal price. Nothing amazing, but I'd like to save a few bucks any time I can.

I think we might have been a bit spoiled last year, but we should look at it for what it was, and I for one had a good time anticipating the next deal and grabbing some wax at better-than-normal prices, albeit not unbelievable steals.

LOOKING FOR ANY 2009 DONRUSS ELITE THROWBACK THREADS PRIME 2 OR MORE COLOR DUAL PATCHES!!
Bibbseat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #184 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

How quickly we forget. It's Thanksgiving, we just lost an outstanding member of this board, and all I am reading is that people are pissed they didn't get a good enough deal.

Blowout and their competition do not need to do these types of promotions, but they do. So what if the discounts weren't great in your opinions. A lot of people put in a ton of work to try to make this a decent event.

This time of year is about giving thanks and giving to others. I'm thankful I can still wake up in the morning and face the day no matter what it brings. I am personally going through hell right now, but that doesn't compare to losing a loved one.

I am by no means coming to Blowouts rescue, I am actually disgusted at the crying and whining and outright anger that the deals were not good enough.

Think about it. Just think about it.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
How quickly we forget. It's Thanksgiving, we just lost an outstanding member of this board, and all I am reading is that people are pissed they didn't get a good enough deal.

Blowout and their competition do not need to do these types of promotions, but they do. So what if the discounts weren't great in your opinions. A lot of people put in a ton of work to try to make this a decent event.

This time of year is about giving thanks and giving to others. I'm thankful I can still wake up in the morning and face the day no matter what it brings. I am personally going through hell right now, but that doesn't compare to losing a loved one.

I am by no means coming to Blowouts rescue, I am actually disgusted at the crying and whining and outright anger that the deals were not good enough.

You should've seen the facebook comments. Good grief. Some guys named Ryan and Matthew bitched and whined about every single thing that was posted. The Ryan guy even talked mess about somebody's pie. Those guys probably had $30 in their paypal and were waiting for a $120 box to go on sale.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:10 AM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
You may be right, but I think your wrong. I think it hit it's bottem.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #187 (permalink)

$489/case is a deal. I paid $89 a box on pre-sell
Old 11-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #188 (permalink)

It would of been fine if the ebay boxes were listed on the facebook page with a limit of one. were everybody could of picked one up.opposed to having them every 30 minuets on ebay were the same people kept winning them.
S.Gallagherfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #189 (permalink)

Everyone has a right to complain, but really lets look at some basic facts:

1. Last years sales were better - but they were better at all stores last year webbed based or physical.

2. All the deals they have all the time, how much would you pay at your LCS? For a box of 2009 Contenders, its 155 over here, for a box of 2010 Leaf R&S its $125/box...hmmm.

So maybe the deals weren't as "Sweet" as last years, but lets not get too greedy when we could be paying a whole lot more at our LCS. Personally, I didn't even get on the site until around end and picked up a 16 box case of 2008 Leaf Limited for 949... Thank you! Or I could have spent 1000 at the LCS for 8 boxes of 2010 Leaf R&S, yeah I would say I'm pretty happy.

Just food for thought and remember everyone is allowed their own opinions, this is just mine. Thanks BO and Peace!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #190 (permalink)

Excellent points!

I broke 2 ribs today. It happened between refreshes around the time the Nemo cards went live. I've had the flu since Monday and I have been coughing quite profusely. I felt and heard a crack on the cough and that was it. I did, however, fight through the pain to get through the rest of the sale in hopes of seeing something I wanted. After the sale, I went to urgent care where they informed me of the injury. The point here is this: while the deals and offerings may have fallen short of expectation, the entire process of the sale captured our attention for half of a day.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #191 (permalink)

I hope you told them the story of how you broke the ribs and stayed home as long as you could, die hard!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #192 (permalink)

Here's what I see:

Many of us are returning customers with BO, as well as members here who spend a bit of your time. We have every right to voice our opinions of events like this, it's called feedback! No matter good or bad, it's needed for BO to be able and see/hear from us what we liked & didn't like about the sale. Just like issues with the forums, we are allowed to do so.

My issues:

1) Over-Hyped. For the past couple weeks they started promoting their Black Friday sale with the emails to the annoucement thread here. Making it sound like these deals were beyond great. They weren't.

2) Organization was a mess. Original thread on BO stated all sales would be posted on the thread as last year, then the site couldn't handle it and was shut down. Having to check facebook, twitter, & ebay is a disaster. One centralized site should be used for everything.

3) Products offered. Too much junk, so many retail boxes as well as webkinz, pokemon, etc. If you want to get rid of all the junk boxes that don't sell just post them up in the "specials" section all at once. Leave em there till they sellout, focus the better products for each different offer throughout the day.

4) Prices. Yes, as many already said prices last year were better than this years. Some deals that were posted I found amusing, supposed to be this GREAT SALE and they weren't much better if at all then the weekend sales.

I bought nothing this year, last year I got about 8 or so boxes. In less than an hour of viewing today's sales I was not going to waste my time for these deals.

thank you though for running this for everyone again
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
I bought them for $440 a couple of weeks ago

The deals were better last year but between all the big 3 websites, I spent about 3 grand.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #194 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
Here's what I see:

Many of us are returning customers with BO, as well as members here who spend a bit of your time. We have every right to voice our opinions of events like this, it's called feedback! No matter good or bad, it's needed for BO to be able and see/hear from us what we liked & didn't like about the sale. Just like issues with the forums, we are allowed to do so.

My issues:

1) Over-Hyped. For the past couple weeks they started promoting their Black Friday sale with the emails to the annoucement thread here. Making it sound like these deals were beyond great. They weren't.

2) Organization was a mess. Original thread on BO stated all sales would be posted on the thread as last year, then the site couldn't handle it and was shut down. Having to check facebook, twitter, & ebay is a disaster. One centralized site should be used for everything.

3) Products offered. Too much junk, so many retail boxes as well as webkinz, pokemon, etc. If you want to get rid of all the junk boxes that don't sell just post them up in the "specials" section all at once. Leave em there till they sellout, focus the better products for each different offer throughout the day.

4) Prices. Yes, as many already said prices last year were better than this years. Some deals that were posted I found amusing, supposed to be this GREAT SALE and they weren't much better if at all then the weekend sales.

I bought nothing this year, last year I got about 8 or so boxes. In less than an hour of viewing today's sales I was not going to waste my time for these deals.

thank you though for running this for everyone again
Feedback is one thing, the majority of what I read is outright whining and complaining.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #195 (permalink)

I will admit that I was one of the people "whining" on Facebook, but it wasn't because I was waiting around for them to offer a '52 Topps box for 100 bucks or that I feel entitled to a big discount, it was because the "unbelievable deals" were a joke.
The first 2 hours saw blaster boxes, retail boxes, 3-4 year old stale product and non-sports cards. BO knows cards. They knew they were offering up the junk. They aren't naive enough to think that some collector's are gasping and swooning over Finding Nemo and High School Musical boxes. As it was stated before, I would have liked to see all that BS loaded up onto a specials page on the website with 1 link and be done with it.
My main issue, though, is that ALL the prices for the products that I was interested in (New baseball product) were lower LAST WEEK for the mid week specials. Cases of 2010 T206 were 395 last week, today they are 425. Topps Chrome was 440, today 525. It doesnt make sense to say "BE THERE" in all caps as if something big is going down and then hope that none of your customers has a 10 day memory.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #196 (permalink)

lets all just admit that it was whack
Old 11-27-2010, 03:17 AM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post

here here,
I was on here before it even started and got moved out to fb/twitter/ebay when the forum went down.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing people type on fb. There were some who were pretty brash and outspoken. It is a shame as those 1 or 2 jerks could potentially lose bo business. I think someone told me to drop dead actually. I have to go back and check. I posted on the only 2 boxes I picked up. I managed to figure out how to block people and I think bo did something so you couldn't see the posts at first on the page. for all the crying people made I saw a lot of product move and their "like" # went from around 200 or whatever up to nearly 1000 the last I saw.
Like you said and many others said on FB, they don't have to do any of this for us.
I guess maybe being an internet tough guy on the forum boards doesn't even compare to an open arena like facebook where your own pictures are up and nearly everything about you is there for others too see. Unreal.
It cant be easy for pat or chris to manage ebay/fb/twitter and the calls and emails for nearly 8 straight hours and then get the site back up and still offer some weekend deals.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #198 (permalink)

Well for me I go to the LCS and pay just about double what blowout sells for so this WAS a good deal and I agree with quit the BOO HOOING at the end of the day its a business that is in place to make money.

THANKS IS IN ORDER TO BLOWOUTCARDS

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
hanes1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #199 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanks for all the comments on our Blk Fri promotion. Please if you haven't done so email fish@blowoutcards.com any feedback you may have. I am going through each one personally and appreciate all the input. I have gotten many ideas on how to improve this promotion as well as others that we run. Blowoutcards is dedicated to providing you with the most competitive prices, exceptional service and a fun destination to enjoy the hobby.
Thanks again and be sure to visit us often in December for some fun and exciting things we have planned.

Fish
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbrian View Post
lets all just admit that it was whack
last year was whackier
phil is online now   Reply With Quote