Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
I got an email from Ebay powerseller and they talked about selling stuff with BUY IT NOW beacause they will be advertising live discount. Don't understand why they took it off now.
I'm a power seller and I've not gotten an email about it yet.. I'll keep my eye out though. I want to grab a case or two with the discount before Christmas if possible.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #252 (permalink)

25% cash back is back up
kuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #253 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Sure enough, it is back at 25% weird that I couldn't get it the last few days.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #254 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve View Post
Sure enough, it is back at 25% weird that I couldn't get it the last few days.
I just bought a case of 2008 Topps Sterling, I pay, and I go into paypal and there is $200
It looks like they are now giving you the money right away
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #255 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Weird...I'm looking at my account and it says I still have 32 days to wait on my payment.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #256 (permalink)

Same here in about 2 weeks I am going to hit the jackpot with about 4 payments going to paypal.. so I am still waiting
DadofTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #257 (permalink)

Well I made a purchase last week and that is pending, but today's purchase is in my paypal account, nice $200 in my account right away. Has anybody created another ebay account so they can take advantage of this offer?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #258 (permalink)

I have created other accounts, but have not needed to use them yet. You get $2500 in cash back per "calendar year", so if I don't get that much back by December 31st, I can start over fresh on January 1st.

By the way, I made a purchase last week and another one today, and both cashbacks are pending. I'm not sure how it's possible you received your funds the same day of your purchase unless it's a) either a glich, or b) a cashback from something you purchased several weeks ago.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I have created other accounts, but have not needed to use them yet. You get $2500 in cash back per "calendar year", so if I don't get that much back by December 31st, I can start over fresh on January 1st.

By the way, I made a purchase last week and another one today, and both cashbacks are pending. I'm not sure how it's possible you received your funds the same day of your purchase unless it's a) either a glich, or b) a cashback from something you purchased several weeks ago.
Others on Fat Wallet were reporting the "instant" Cashback as well but could not figure out what caused it to be instant.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:

Re-read my post.......I bought something last week and that is pending...my purchase yesterday is instant. I guess this is a new thing and is great.

And I thought it was 12 discounts per id, not year? Am I wrong?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #261 (permalink)

Just tried to use it. Shows up on the live search page but the symbol does not show up on the eBay page. Customers keep emailing trying to use it. Hope they get it straightened out soon.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #262 (permalink)

Quote:
Re-read my post.......I bought something last week and that is pending...my purchase yesterday is instant. I guess this is a new thing and is great.

And I thought it was 12 discounts per id, not year? Am I wrong?
I don't need to re-read your post. Are you kidding me???

You should re-read mine as I clearly stated that it's $2500 per calendar year, and yes that goes for each Ebay account you own. If you don't believe me, log in to your cashback account and read the terms and conditions again.

"Re-read" your post...I don't think so. It sounds as if I was right with it being a glich.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #263 (permalink)

If the discount shows up on the live page and then you click the link to ebay and don't get the cashback icon, try disabling your anti-virus first and then retry. I had the same problem with the cashback symbol not showing up on the ebay page. As soon as I disabled my Norton antivirus it worked like a charm.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #264 (permalink)

Is it back to saying "We are having technical difficulties. Please try again later!"?
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #265 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to TrueBlueLA4Life

Just used it. The logo did not appear, so I contacted ebay live e-mail support. e said just click on the buy it now button after using the live.com search to get to ebay. The discount appears after you select buy it now and shows you the total discount before you are totally comitted to the transaction.
TrueBlueLA4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't need to re-read your post. Are you kidding me???

You should re-read mine as I clearly stated that it's $2500 per calendar year, and yes that goes for each Ebay account you own. If you don't believe me, log in to your cashback account and read the terms and conditions again.

"Re-read" your post...I don't think so. It sounds as if I was right with it being a glich.
I was saying re-read my post beacause you told me that I was wrong about my cashback and I was right. Like I said, I got the cashback right away for the purchase I just made, then you wrote back saying I was wrong and that was for a previous weeks purchase...that is all I was saying....go back and read those 3 posts and you will see what I meant by re-read.........

To clarify again...I bought something in the old live and that is pending...since then with the new live I purchased 2 cases on sterling and got the $200 right away

Now for the 12 clicks per calender year or by id if you are correct or not I am not sure. I was not saying re-read that as I am not sure if I am right or not but I am right about the instant cashback....try it out.

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 11-19-2008 at 10:24 AM.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
I was saying re-read my post beacause you told me that I was wrong about my cashback and I was right.

Now for the 12 clicks per calender year or by id if you are correct or not I am not sure. I was not saying re-read that as I am not sure if I am right or not but I am right about the instant cashback....try it out.
Come on now, why are you making stuff up? Not once did I ever say you were "wrong". I don't ever do that, and I never did it here. Why are you making that up?

Further more, I have "tried it out" because I consistently use the live.com discount, and not once, (even since yours came back), has mine appeared instantly. I don't make things up. Why are you?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #268 (permalink)

YouTube - This'n'That - easy to learn at WTFmagic.com

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #269 (permalink)

Quote:

Ok I guess you didn't say I was wrong, so lets just end it at that and say I am right and the new live gives you the discount right away

And I purchased my third case of sterling yesterday and got my $200 instantly right away.....
Old 11-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #270 (permalink)

Ok I click on the "Get cashback" button and I redirect me to EBAY, but this ebay is all in Germany.

Is this normal?
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #271 (permalink)

Is this a coupon that ebay gives out or blowoutcards?

I would love to buy some boxes with 25% off!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #272 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan7070 View Post
Is this a coupon that ebay gives out or blowoutcards?

I would love to buy some boxes with 25% off!
So Capt doesnt loose a gasket, please read back the first 40 pages of this thread, it will explain it all....
Old 11-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #273 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok I guess you didn't say I was wrong, so lets just end it at that and say I am right and the new live gives you the discount right away

And I purchased my third case of sterling yesterday and got my $200 instantly right away.....
We can end it at that, but I can't go as far as saying you're right until one of my transactions posts my refund right away. Like I said before, none of mine have posted right away. I am glad however to hear that yours are posting right away. I think that would be great if everyone's would.

Perhaps, if you don't mind, you could call microsoft for all of us and let us know if this is normal since most of us can't get ours right away. What do you say?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #274 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

People on my other board(forum for everything which has 100's of people using live dis.) are getting some instantly, end of story. it is true.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #275 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
People on my other board(forum for everything which has 100's of people using live dis.) are getting some instantly, end of story. it is true.
It's not "end of story" until someone explains how it can be done when used through Ebay. Just telling me that other people are getting theirs back instantly when I'm not getting mine back instantly means absolutely nothing to me. If anyone wants to verify their story, get ahold of Microsoft or Ebay customer support and report to all of us "WHY" it's happening instantly for some and not others. Until that happens, this story isn't over. That's just plain common sense.

I want everyone to know why I'm arguing this...

I don't want people on here that can't really afford to wait 60 days for a refund to instantly jump on Ebay and start buying high dollar items thinking they are going to get their discount/refund instantly just because someone on here said that's how it's being done now when in fact, according to the terms and conditions, you may need to wait 60 days.

Notice I said "may" need to wait 60 days. I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm not saying anyone is "wrong". I just think there needs to be a little more verifiable proof. That's all. I don't think that's asking too much. Does anyone else?