Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #576 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Johan Santana

In the email it clearly is titled Amazon Bing Cashback

Collecting Stars and Hall of Famer Autograph Baseballs!
Johan Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #577 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Santana View Post
In the email it clearly is titled Amazon Bing Cashback
Got the same email but it says Amazing Bing Cashback Cashback , maybe you misread the email . Nonetheless I hope the cashback goes up for eBay so I can get some cases
JohnfromtheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #578 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to barrow

Yeah mine says "Amazing", not "Amazon". I just double-checked.
barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #579 (permalink)

According to the below thread from slickdeals.net, all bing cashback will double on 8/10. So assuming ebay is a "participating store" and the discount stays at 8%, the discount will be 16%. Hope that's right!!

Bing/Live Cashback 2X - starting 8/10/2009 (5-50%) - SlickDeals.net Forums
12bizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #580 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to barrow
Red face

The Cashback Facebook Account says that the eBay cashback will be 15%:
Quote:
You can find almost anything on eBay. On August 10th, use Bing to find the best deals on all your back to school items with 15% cashback from eBay for a limited time during the back to school season.
Let's hope Pat and Chris will put up custom eBay items for us again. I needs to buy me a case!
barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #581 (permalink)

Yeah, at 15% I'd be inclined to buy another case of something myself.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #582 (permalink)

Can someone tell me how to use the cashback on a case from Blowout? Do we just contact Chris or Pat and ask them to create an auction for the case and then buy it on ebay to get the cashback?
nephinfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 AM   #583 (permalink)

Its only at 10% as of now
Old 08-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #584 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDThaRealist View Post
Its only at 10% as of now

it has been 8% for months and just went up to 10%. hopefully a sign they will be playing around with even higher % again.
phil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #585 (permalink)

hey guys I have a question: does this 8%-15% work on all of the cards purchased on ebay or just certain stuffs from certain sellers?
newplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #586 (permalink)

i recently opened an account, but not sure what card purchases actually qualify for the discount
Old 08-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #587 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:
Originally Posted by newplayer View Post
hey guys I have a question: does this 8%-15% work on all of the cards purchased on ebay or just certain stuffs from certain sellers?
Hi, only "Buy it Now" type auctions apply. There are no seller restrictions for this offer. "Auction" type auctions with actual bidding does not apply. For more information try the first page of this thread(somewhere) everything is laid out. Only problem with this setup is many sellers intentionally setup their auctions to advertise slightly higher than what they expect their cards to go for so you might not be getting much of a deal. I have heard of some sellers willing to set their buy it nows to the price they are willing to accept for the benefit of the buyer but I don't think it is that common. Good Luck
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #588 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Hi, only "Buy it Now" type auctions apply. There are no seller restrictions for this offer. "Auction" type auctions with actual bidding does not apply. For more information try the first page of this thread(somewhere) everything is laid out. Only problem with this setup is many sellers intentionally setup their auctions to advertise slightly higher than what they expect their cards to go for so you might not be getting much of a deal. I have heard of some sellers willing to set their buy it nows to the price they are willing to accept for the benefit of the buyer but I don't think it is that common. Good Luck
what about "Buy it Now" with "Best Offer" option? Does that qualify?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #589 (permalink)

You can use the discount on BIN/BO items, but you HAVE to hit the BIN price. If you throw a BO and the seller agrees to your price, your discount WILL NOT COUNT. That means that you'd have to get the seller to agree on adjusting his BIN price to match your BO price, THEN hit the BIN.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #590 (permalink)

so if i won an item with bidding type of auction, i can get a seller to relist the item with "buy it now" for the same amount and still get the discount? i wonder how many sellers would do that. are they at any disadvantage if they do that?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #591 (permalink)

You'd have to sweeten ($$$) the deal for the seller since he'd already be out fees on his regular style auction. Can sellers do this? YES... will they? depends how persuasive you are and how clean your feedback is.

Remember, once it gets out that the discount is back and is running at a high percentage (15% +) even sellers will know this and will price their items accordingly. I even remember sellers putting this info in their header "save $$ w/ live.com discount BUY IT NOW" type stuff.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #592 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
so if i won an item with bidding type of auction, i can get a seller to relist the item with "buy it now" for the same amount and still get the discount? i wonder how many sellers would do that. are they at any disadvantage if they do that?
Yes, they will be charged ebay fees for both listings unless they go through and do a mutual agreement not to complete the transaction. A better option would be to try to agree on a price with the seller prior to the auction ending so that he/she can relist the item with the BIN price agreed upon.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #593 (permalink)

Quote:
You're not going to find many sellers willing to do this. It will cost them more in fees and set them up for wrong doing since they will essentially be listing the same card twice. It's going to be a pain in the neck for them to do it correctly.

Word of advice...don't look too much into this as it's very simple. Live.com/bing.com discount "ONLY" applies to ebay auctions if you hit the "Buy It Not" button AND pay with Paypal.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #594 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
You're not going to find many sellers willing to do this. It will cost them more in fees and set them up for wrong doing since they will essentially be listing the same card twice. It's going to be a pain in the neck for them to do it correctly.

Word of advice...don't look too much into this as it's very simple. Live.com/bing.com discount "ONLY" applies to ebay auctions if you hit the "Buy It Not" button AND pay with Paypal.
nicely put!
Joe
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #595 (permalink)

It went up slightly today to 12%
JohnfromtheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #596 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnfromtheBay View Post
It went up slightly today to 12%
hopefully it can reach 25% soon. I'm not greedy, don't need 30%, 25 is good enough for me
Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #597 (permalink)

I'll settle for 15
Old 08-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #598 (permalink)

I've asked sellers many times to change their BIN so that I can use my bing.com % and so far all of them have done it. It's worth a try
bjtheman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #599 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
I've asked sellers many times to change their BIN so that I can use my bing.com % and so far all of them have done it. It's worth a try
Did you ask them to change to BIN after you won the item or before the listing ends?
Old 08-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #600 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Did you ask them to change to BIN after you won the item or before the listing ends?
They can't change it after the listing ends so it has to be while the item is still active. Now, you may be able to get someone to end a listing early and then relist it with a BIN price, but if you have already won a card it will probably be more difficult getting the seller to relist it.