Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
2008 Topps Chrome is at 740 a case and release is 8-27-08
What does this product do go up or down before release?
If there is any movement, I think it will be upward.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
If there is any movement, I think it will be upward.
Bottom at this point may be $700, there are still 3 weeks until release, it could still take a crap.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Bottom at this point may be $700, there are still 3 weeks until release, it could still take a crap.
topps chrome football will not take a "crap".
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
topps chrome football will not take a "crap".
Yeah, and the Titanic couldn't sink. This rookie class is very weak. I'm not saying it will take a crap, I am saying that it can. Arrogant statements like that is what causes people to lose money in this hobby.

But WTF do I know, I've only been doing this since 1990. I don't know anything.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 08-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, and the Titanic couldn't sink. This rookie class is very weak. I'm not saying it will take a crap, I am saying that it can. Arrogant statements like that is what causes people to lose money in this hobby.

But WTF do I know, I've only been doing this since 1990. I don't know anything.
rookie class is very weak? 5 running backs in the first round?? mcfadden weak?? this time last year everyone was saying how the 2007 class was weak.

EVERYTHING thing 2006 football took an absolute dump: sp authentic, spx, contenders, exquisite, sterling, finest, bowman chrome, etc etc. only one product stayed way above presell: 2006 topps chrome football. it was 625-650 a case out of the gate. if you can find them now, 900+

my "emotion-free" opinion stating 2008 topps chrome will not take a crap is based on trends. regardless of the "weakness" there is still a huge following. i dont see any "arrogance" in that so save your insults for someone more deserving.

Last edited by festus; 08-09-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
rookie class is very weak? 5 running backs in the first round?? mcfadden weak?? this time last year everyone was saying how the 2007 class was weak.

EVERYTHING thing 2006 football took an absolute dump: sp authentic, spx, contenders, exquisite, sterling, finest, bowman chrome, etc etc. only one product stayed way above presell: 2006 topps chrome football. it was 625-650 a case out of the gate. if you can find them now, 900+

my "emotion-free" opinion stating 2008 topps chrome will not take a crap is based on trends. regardless of the "weakness" there is still a huge following. i dont see any "arrogance" in that so save your insults for someone more deserving.
I can get a case of 2006 Topps Chrome football right now for $690. I can get retail cheaper. It took a crap.

I wasn't calling you arrogant, the attitude that "this can't happen" clearly is an arrogant one. Don't take it personal, I just don't want anyone taking it in the shorts.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I think that the 2008 football class is pretty solid actually. There are quite a few QB prospects that we may not see in games for a couple of years, but I think there will be 3-4 starting QBs in the NFL that come out of this draft. In addition, there are a handful of promising RBs that should get their chance at playing time this year.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;96448]I can get a case of 2006 Topps Chrome football right now for $690. I can get retail cheaper. It took a crap.

I would jump all over a 2006 Hobby Case (or 10 cases) @ $690, boxes are still strong sellers at 70-75 + S/H, and the season hasn't even started yet.

I like Topps Chrome because it gives you the WHOLE season to sell the HOT player, by the time Bow Chrome comes out its playoffs and all the ups and downs are over.
Topps chrome also has a significant difference between Hobby and retail ( blue refs & Xfractors) . Not more of the same like most other products.
ssc8734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Speaking of Bowman Chrome football, this year's looks much better than last years!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Speaking of Bowman Chrome football, this year's looks much better than last years!
Sell sheets are out already?
Old 08-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Here's the link:

http://magazine-exchange.com/info/pd...omeFBHOBBY.pdf
Old 08-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
I can get a case of 2006 Topps Chrome football right now for $690. I can get retail cheaper. It took a crap.

I wasn't calling you arrogant, the attitude that "this can't happen" clearly is an arrogant one. Don't take it personal, I just don't want anyone taking it in the shorts.
690 a case? i'd take it all. thats an absolute steal. even at that price its still up from presell. everything else 2006 went waaaay down, some over 50%.

my point is, considering football product, topps chrome football is the safest bet to put your money in. as far as the class of 2008 being week, thats your entitled opinion. i feel at least one of these RBs will break out be it mcfadden, mendenhall, jones, stewart, forte, johnson or someone else. maybe a QB, matt ryan? one guy can carry this, 2 guys, 1k+ case.

i remember a slew of people trash talking the 2007 class. that didnt stop me from buying 30 cases of chrome. i'm glad i did.

Last edited by festus; 08-09-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
690 a case? i'd take it all. thats an absolute steal. even at that price its still up from presell. everything else 2006 went waaaay down, some over 50%.

my point is, considering football product, topps chrome football is the safest bet to put your money in. as far as the class of 2008 being week, thats your entitled opinion. i feel at least one of these RBs will break out be it mcfadden, mendenhall, jones, stewart, forte, johnson or someone else. maybe matt ryan? one guy can carry this, 2 guys, 1k+ case.

Remember it was a 10 box case.

I'm not saying your analysis is wrong. All I'm saying is there is no guarantee. I'm placing a safe bet on the retail version of this.

I'd bet on Forte as the breakout. Unless Chicago obtains another player, he's the RB on a team that is going to rely on Kyle Orton to manage the game, unless they lose their minds and go with Grossman again.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Remember it was a 10 box case.

I'm not saying your analysis is wrong. All I'm saying is there is no guarantee. I'm placing a safe bet on the retail version of this.

I'd bet on Forte as the breakout. Unless Chicago obtains another player, he's the RB on a team that is going to rely on Kyle Orton to manage the game, unless they lose their minds and go with Grossman again.
10 box? topps chrome hobby was 12 box. i still have four cases left out of 30. i'm glad i went big on chrome that year. it helped ease the sting on all the other stuff i took a loss on.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
10 box? topps chrome hobby was 12 box. i still have four cases left out of 30. i'm glad i went big on chrome that year. it helped ease the sting on all the other stuff i took a loss on.
Actually you are correct, it is a 12 box case. Makes it an even better deal.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #41 (permalink)

chris johnson just had a 66 yard TD run for the titans. the next adrian peterson??
Old 08-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #42 (permalink)

Well, AP came in 2nd in Heisman as a frosh, Chris couldn't even win the starting job in college, so....maybe?
gomiamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #43 (permalink)

2008 TC FB will not take a dump BUT it souldn't be gouged up like it was in 2006 either.
It is what it is regardless of how strong the RC crop is (which hasn't shown much but its very early) People will buy boxes of chrome because A. they're cheap and B. you have a chance to get a nice return if you get lucky and hit a big auto. While I'd never pay more then $60 -$65 MAX for a box of this product because I know better, it always sells well early for those needing a rip.

2006 TC Hobby for $690. per 12 bx case ($57.50 a box is a steal as I paid $52. per in 06) and I would take a few cases as well but thats not for this board as its not a BO product.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #44 (permalink)

What is SCN's role in the hobby ? Is it like Card Trade where everything is GREAT in this industry according to spindoctors like Narz and Kelnhofer ?
Are they are saying TTT is a good rip from a collectors standpoint or from a dealers standpoint ? HUGE difference. Yeah you get some nice PC cards if you're ripping to collect but 99 out of 100 cases are huge losers if you are flipping.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
Well, AP came in 2nd in Heisman as a frosh, Chris couldn't even win the starting job in college, so....maybe?
Also amazing what running a 4.24 40 will do. Although the lad has looked good this preseason....let's see when the games count how he does.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

There was also that one kid..... Jarrett Payton.....Had some strange ties to the NFL who looked great in preseason for them, and I dont believe he is even made it past practice roster......

Preseason dont mean crap!!
Texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan View Post
There was also that one kid..... Jarrett Payton.....Had some strange ties to the NFL who looked great in preseason for them, and I dont believe he is even made it past practice roster......

Preseason dont mean crap!!
I hope your strange ties comment was attempt at sarcasim or humor....it was Walter's son. Yeah he never really panned out.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #48 (permalink)

Yep... was an attempt at humor... I had a bunch of his high end cards with the hopes he would earn a starting spot..... Now they arent worth anything........
Texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan View Post
Yep... was an attempt at humor... I had a bunch of his high end cards with the hopes he would earn a starting spot..... Now they arent worth anything........
Just checkin'

Too bad he wasn't 1/2 the player his pops was.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #50 (permalink)

Is the Jabar kid still in the NFL?

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote