Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Topps Letterman Brand Comes to Football

Topps Letterman Brand Comes to Football

The smoking-hot Topps Letterman Brand made its debut this week with basketball to rave reviews and now Topps is proud to announce that 2008 TOPPS LETTERMAN FOOTBALL will be on hobby shelves at the end of October.

Here’s what each master box guarantees:

1 Autographed Letterman Card (#’d to 50 or less) – Featuring both game-worn and manufactured full player letters. The clear autograph sticker is uniquely placed across a clear plastic band allowing the collector to see through the autograph and see the entire letter (image attached).

1 Autographed Patch Card (#’d to 50 or less) – Includes Quad relics, Jersey Number Patches, Team Logo Patches, Rookie Patches and Dual Rookie Patches.

1 Patch Card (#’d to 30 or less) – Includes Jersey Number Patches, Quad Patches, Letterman Patches and Jersey Tags.

3 Rookie Cards (#’d to 949 or less) – Printed on chromium technology

6 Veteran/Retired Cards (#’d to 1499 or less) – Printed on chromium technology

Every card also includes Refractor, X-Fractor and one of one SuperFractor Parallels.

CASE GUARANTEES:

And every 4-box case guarantees (1) highly sought after AUTOGRAPHED BOOKLET CARD #’d 50 or less or (1) AUTOGRAPHED ROOKIE PATCH CARD. Each 8-box case includes both.

Master Boxes carry a $225 SRP. Each Master Box includes 3 Mini Boxes.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anybody intersted in a group break? I would be willing to host it, the basketball looks really cool, and football sells better than basketball and is actually cheaper than basketball.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would entertain the idea!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Let's get it started

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you are going to get it, this would be a good weekend, BOC has them almost $100 off pre-sell for their weekend specials!
Texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I was planning on tossing a group break of this together over the weekend, but if you want to host it be my guest (as I can join it now ....maybe).
Old 09-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok yea that is a pretty good price on their site....ok so how do you guys want this broken up 2 plans in the afternoon when I check it I will decide. We can do it by 32 teams or 3 hits per box, then 4 rookie slots and 2 base slot?
Per box:
- 1 Autographed Letterman Card!
- 1 Autographed Patch Card!
- 1 Patch Card!
- 3 Rookie Cards!
- 6 Veteran/Retired Cards!
So 30 slots per hit, or 32 slots per team? 30 I could do it at $47 a slot for 32 slots I could do it at $44 a slot. Let me know

So 30 slots would be 24 hits (1 card each), 4 rookie slots (6 cards each), and 2 base slots (24 cards each)

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 09-12-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
ND3

This product might have a chance but the autos are numbered way higher than the basketball product. Could bomb resale wise like Bowman Sterling.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

JBS - When I was working up details on this I think I figured the best way to do it would be by hits with 2 base and 2 rc slots (1 slot per 4 boxes). It came out to about $50 (Accounting for fees, supplies, and shipping). I don't think you want to do it by team as there are not enough chances for all teams to get something. And I would avoid having that many base/rc slots. I don't see this being like The Cup where base cards sell well. I don't know if people will really want to spend $40-50 and get stuck with a slot where max resale would be $10 (if the could even pull that much).

Just MO after putting in a few days of consideration on this.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
JBS - When I was working up details on this I think I figured the best way to do it would be by hits with 2 base and 2 rc slots (1 slot per 4 boxes). It came out to about $50 (Accounting for fees, supplies, and shipping). I don't think you want to do it by team as there are not enough chances for all teams to get something. And I would avoid having that many base/rc slots. I don't see this being like The Cup where base cards sell well. I don't know if people will really want to spend $40-50 and get stuck with a slot where max resale would be $10 (if the could even pull that much).

Just MO after putting in a few days of consideration on this.
So then 28 slots......yea at $50 I could do that...would that be good for everybody?
24 hits 2 base and 2 rookie slots.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
The clear autograph sticker is uniquely placed across a clear plastic band allowing the collector to see through the autograph and see the entire letter.
That alone is making me stay away from this stuff. You don't put stickers on top of letter patches. Get the letters signed or don't bother including them.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

My first thought when this came out was it would be perfect for a group break. My thought on the slots are either 25 (24 hits, 1 base/rookie) or 26 (24 hits, 1 base/rookie per 4 box inner case) I can't see anyone being happy with a 50-60 dollar base only hit. Just my thoughts and lets get it started.
Dave
Old 09-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

I know there is at least one of our members looking at starting a break on this one...I'll be waiting and watching for the post!!

I'm thinking I might just buy my own case too...I'll have to review a checklist first though.

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheader View Post
My first thought when this came out was it would be perfect for a group break. My thought on the slots are either 25 (24 hits, 1 base/rookie) or 26 (24 hits, 1 base/rookie per 4 box inner case) I can't see anyone being happy with a 50-60 dollar base only hit. Just my thoughts and lets get it started.
Dave
Well looking at ebays history there are a lot of cards that sell higher then the hits. I mean it is up to the people, cause if there are less slots then the slots cost more, I set up a post, it has to get approved but I did it with 28 slots. I mean we can always change terms.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Here is the page for the group break:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/g...-box-case.html