Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Legends of Sport: Upper Deck Debuts First-Ever

Legends of Sport: Upper Deck Debuts First-Ever

Triple-Signed Piece of Ali/Jordan/Tiger Memorabilia

This holiday season, Sports Memorabilia Company unveils autographed artwork that will no doubt top any collector’s wish list!

North Las Vegas, NV (December 15, 2008) – For the first time ever, three of history’s most legendary sports figures are showcased on the same piece of autographed memorabilia. Utilizing high-end archival paper and the most stunning images available, Upper Deck has created its first-ever “Legends of Sport” triple-signed montage featuring Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods.

Ali, the former heavyweight champion of the world, won 56 professional bouts during his stellar career in the ring, while Jordan secured six NBA championship rings and six NBA Finals MVP awards during his stellar career. Woods, meanwhile, has earned 14 of golf’s majors – all before turning 33 years old.

“We knew we had something special in the making as we planned this rare piece,” said Tim Muret, vice president of Upper Deck Authenticated (UDA), Upper Deck’s memorabilia division. “Not only have Ali, Jordan and Tiger never appeared together on signed artwork before, which makes this piece extraordinary, but the wow factor when you see the item up close just takes your breath away. It’s an investment piece that is sure to appreciate.”

The beautifully designed montage is highlighted in gold and shows each of the talented athletes in action, flanked by ghosted-back images of their faces. Ali is shown stalking an opponent circa 1975; Jordan is caught in mid-flight on his way to the basket in the 1990s; and Woods is captured launching yet another beautiful drive. Each member of the talented threesome has signed the thick-stock, archival P-velvet paper in black paint pen just beneath his action photo and their signatures have been deemed genuine via UDA’s patented five-step authentication process.

“We are very excited to have Muhammad contribute to such a landmark piece,” added Muret, who noted that both Jordan and Woods have been exclusive signers for UDA since 1994 and 2001, respectively.

“I’m excited to be involved in this, especially with these two amazing men, who have transcended their sport to become cultural icons,” said Ali.

“I am thrilled to be included in this historic piece with Muhammad Ali and Tiger Woods,” Jordan added. “I admire them both for their achievements in their sports and as people.”

Exquisitely framed, the precious keepsake measures 57” wide by 34” high. The edition size, written in sharp pencil on the lower-right corner, is capped at 500, making this a truly rare piece of sports memorabilia. Collectors interested in obtaining this limited piece of coveted memorabilia can shop online at - Upper Deck Store, or call 1-800-551-8220, ext. 2292 for more information.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

$6000 !!!

How many of you guys are getting one? I'd love to, but I could buy a lot of Sportkings Series C for $6000.

They have 5 left for guaranteed Christmas delivery. Ali has signed all 500, but Jordan and Woods have yet to sign them all because they don't know if they will sell all 500. They guarantee no more than 500 will ever be made.

Last edited by mwheeler27; 12-16-2008 at 01:13 PM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

I wonder if the 25% coupon from UD's Magazine I have would work on this??
Old 12-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan View Post
I wonder if the 25% coupon from UD's Magazine I have would work on this??
I was wondering the same thing, but forgot to ask when I called in. Let me know if you find out. I might consider paying $4500, but no way I'll pay $6000.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

If I had the cash, I would buy this is a heart beat. The authentication on this piece is the best you can pretty much get.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote