Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   News & Announcements (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/news-announcements/)
-   -   Topps Signs Ken Griffey, JR to Autograph Deal (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/news-announcements/224052-topps-signs-ken-griffey-jr-autograph-deal.html)

blowoutcards2 11-28-2011 12:52 PM

Topps Signs Ken Griffey, JR to Autograph Deal

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][INDENT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000] [B]TOPPS SIGNS KEN GRIFFEY, JR. TO AUTOGRAPH DEAL[/B]

Topps is pleased to announce that for the first time ever, it will offer certified autographed trading cards of future Hall of Famer Ken Griffey, Jr.

Griffey's first autograph offerings will appear in collector favorites 2012 Topps Tribute and 2012 Gypsy Queen (images attached).

Griffey, Jr. made his Topps Rookie Card appearance in 1989 as part of the company's year-end Traded Series Box Set. And 15 years prior, his father Ken Griffey, Sr., made his Topps debut in 1974.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/INDENT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=49507006f9&view=att&th=133eb4b902c0a775&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw[/IMG]
[IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=49507006f9&view=att&th=133eb4b902c0a775&attid=0.1.2&disp=emb&zw[/IMG]

mindbinge 11-28-2011 02:40 PM

Well...that leaves Woods, Jordan, and James in the UD camp...wonder how long they have left on current contracts.

bprice 11-28-2011 04:25 PM

I think that it's great that Topps if following our lead.

Ken Griffey Jr. was signed several months ago to appear in Sportkings Series E.

He will have hard signed autographs and authentic game-used memorabilia cards in Series E.

Series E will be released in May 2012.

Brian Price

mindbinge 11-28-2011 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=bprice;1912491]I think that it's great that Topps if following our lead.

He will have hard signed autographs and authentic game-used memorabilia cards in Series E.

Brian Price[/QUOTE]

man i must have missed the memo on that one...I'm starting to dig the SK stuff more and more....good stuff. I don't understand the "Series" aspect though...I need to read up and figure that out lol.

kyle1707 11-28-2011 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=bprice;1912491]I think that it's great that Topps if following our lead.

Brian Price[/QUOTE]

Brian...

When are we going to see a checklist or sell sheet?

looking forward to it

cruiserdaddy7 11-28-2011 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=kyle1707;1912740]Brian...

When are we going to see a checklist or sell sheet?

looking forward to it[/QUOTE]

Same here. I also like the jab at Topps lol... Id far rather support Brian Price instead of Panini... This is a huge chance for Sport Kings to grab some market control. Hope you guys answer the bell.

bprice 11-28-2011 08:51 PM

We are continuing to work on the checklist and should be able to announce it after the New Year. Series E is coming out in May so there will be ample time to make your buying decisions.

I can say that along with Griffey Jr. we have signed David Robinson, Franco Harris, Bjorn Borg and Annika Sorenstam. How's that for starters.

There will more great new features to announce soon. Series E will NOT disappoint.

Brian Price

mwheeler27 11-28-2011 10:17 PM

I think Series E is going to make a run at "product of the year". :)!

IndySportsCards 11-28-2011 10:40 PM

Sportkings is an awesome product.

mwheeler27 11-28-2011 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=IndySportsCards;1914129]Sportkings is an awesome product.[/QUOTE]

It just keeps getting better. :flex:

cking 11-29-2011 02:42 AM

Could there possibly be more a*s kissing in this thread................Good lord.

mindbinge 11-29-2011 04:16 AM

[QUOTE=cking;1914753]Could there possibly be more a*s kissing in this thread................Good lord.[/QUOTE]

lol...I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon...not long ago I picked up and Aikman and an Elway auto...then a McGwire...I'm getting hooked lol.

I don't understand it all yet though...confused about the series E, series D sort of thing? Is it like a continued ongoing set or something? Do they just keep adding to it every year instead of having a new set?

I'm wanting an Evel Knievel auto bad...lol.

limitedplay 11-29-2011 04:51 AM

nice, thanks for the info

mwheeler27 11-29-2011 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=cking;1914753]Could there possibly be more a*s kissing in this thread................Good lord.[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't it surprise me that [I]you[/I] would consider positive comments "a*s kissing"? :rolleyes:

Sportkings E is going to be an outstanding product. This comment is not a*s kissing...it's the truth. :)!

[QUOTE=mindbinge;1914825]lol...I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon...not long ago I picked up and Aikman and an Elway auto...then a McGwire...I'm getting hooked lol.

I don't understand it all yet though...[B]confused about the series E, series D sort of thing? Is it like a continued ongoing set or something? Do they just keep adding to it every year instead of having a new set?[/B]

I'm wanting an Evel Knievel auto bad...lol.[/QUOTE]

Their first release in 2007 was "Series A". The following year was Series B making Series E their 5th release of Sportkings. I hope Series F won't have a negative label because of it's name. :)

mwheeler27 11-29-2011 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=mwheeler27;1914923]Why doesn't it surprise me that [I]you[/I] would consider positive comments "a*s kissing"? :rolleyes:

Sportkings E is going to be an outstanding product. This comment is not a*s kissing...it's the truth. :)!

Their first release in 2007 was "Series A". The following year was Series B making Series E their 5th release of Sportkings. I hope Series F won't have a negative label because of it's name. :)[/QUOTE]

Many people said this product would never make it past Series B. It's great to see the customer base growing and the releases getting better and better.

mwheeler27 11-29-2011 08:01 AM

I meant to edit my post instead of accidentally quoting it. :o It's frustrating you can't do that sometimes.

WhacksPacks 11-29-2011 08:09 AM

The base cards are absolutely the best in the industry. HANDS DOWN> (imo of course).

In fact, I'm going to start collecting them and snatching up some cheap(er) ones from the 'bay.

bprice 11-29-2011 08:15 AM

I don't consider positive comments "ass kissing".

The reason we did Series A, Series B etc etc is because Sportkings is not base on any season, it is based on athletes entire careers. We are releasing Series E in May and I hope with collectors' support to continue making product until every worthy athlete is represented.

I know there are exclusives but one by one they are being broken down, I could not get Griffey Jr. until Series E.

So who knows, maybe one day Jordan, Gretzky and Woods might be available to us.

Thanks for the support.

Brian Price

WhacksPacks 11-29-2011 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=mwheeler27;1914927]I meant to edit my post instead of accidentally quoting it. :o It's frustrating you can't do that sometimes.[/QUOTE]

wheeler, do you happen to have any extra base you are willing to sell?

I'd really like to start collecting the base cards...they are stunning

mwheeler27 11-29-2011 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=WhacksPacks;1914945]wheeler, do you happen to have any extra base you are willing to sell?

I'd really like to start collecting the base cards...they are stunning[/QUOTE]

I really like the base cards as well.

I have extras, but they are currently listed for sale at COMC:

[url=http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/mwheeler27,sl,+sportkings]mwheeler27's Cards matching: sportkings - CheckOutMyCards.com[/url]

SacGWYNN19 11-29-2011 12:01 PM

talk about a thread HIJACK.....good lord already.

guru 11-29-2011 01:24 PM

Great news!

I love that Topps has Griffey Jr. autographs coming!

I also am glad to see him in SK Series E... That will help some in my decision to buy SK in 2012. But I'm still hoping we get some better names than the others mentioned.

We need some people in the series that collectors will pay good money for their signature and memorabilia items.

mwheeler27 11-29-2011 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=guru;1915702]We need some people in the series that collectors will pay good money for their signature and memorabilia items.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Good money has been paid for these items all along. :)

slash13 11-29-2011 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=mwheeler27;1913996]I think Series E is going to make a run at "product of the year". :)![/QUOTE]

I agree with Matt. I'm really psyched about Series E as well!

Prospect_Man 11-29-2011 08:46 PM

kinda dissapointed.....upper deck need to get is sh&t together and get some licenses and start kicking a$$ again.....so sick of topps and panini......as far as sportskings, never opened any and never bought any singles, it looks cool though