Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Topps Teams With US Olympic Committee For 2012 Games

Topps Teams With US Olympic Committee For 2012 Games

The U.S. Olympic Committee today announced the Topps Company as the exclusive trading card producer of Team USA for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Through the terms of the agreement, Topps will release its first Team USA offering in the spring of 2012 in preparation for the upcoming London Games. The collection will feature the country's top Olympians, Paralympians and hopefuls, including Allyson Felix (track & field), Missy Franklin (swimming), Lolo Jones (track & field), Tatyana McFadden (Para track & field), Michael Phelps (swimming), Jerome Singleton (Para track & field), Hope Solo (soccer) and Jordyn Wieber (gymnastics).

"It is an honor for the company to commemorate the pinnacle of sports and this country's best athletes," said Doug Kruep, Topps GM of sports & entertainment. "We look forward to offering supporters of Team USA athletes a truly unique keepsake and collectible."

The Team USA collection is highlighted by the inclusion of 100 gold-medal hopeful cards - 40 of which feature authentic athlete-autographed special versions. The release will also celebrate past Team USA medalists, the history of the Olympic and Paralympic Games and their diverse sports and venues, and will include randomly inserted cards embedded with Olympic pins, patches and replica medals.

A portion of each purchase will go directly to supporting the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams.

"We are excited to partner with Topps' to highlight Team USA athletes ahead of the London Games," said Peter Zeytoonjian, USOC managing director of consumer products. "Trading cards are a great way to support and learn more about the amazing athletes who will represent Team USA in London next summer and, when the Games end, a great way to remember the athletes and moments that defined the competition."

About the USOC

Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., the U.S. Olympic Committee serves as both the National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee for the United States. As such, the USOC is responsible for the training, entering and funding of U.S. teams for the Olympic, Paralympic, Youth Olympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games, while serving as a steward of the Olympic and Paralympic Movements throughout the country. For more information, visit TeamUSA.org.

About The Topps Company, Inc.

Founded in 1938, Topps is the leading creator and marketer of sports and related cards, entertainment products, and distinctive confectionery. Topps entertainment products include the NFL, MLB, UFC, WWE and other trading cards, sticker album collections, and collectible games. The Company's confectionery brands include "Bazooka" bubble gum, "Ring Pop," "Push Pop," "Baby Bottle Pop" and "Juicy Drop Pop" lollipops. For additional information, visit Sports Cards and Entertainment Cards | Topps.com.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like a good set that will sell very well after US wins golds.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

This looks great!
goldenegg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm in for a few Phelps autos if they're on the checklist. It never fails. Every time the summer olympics roll around, someone asks me if I know that I look like Michael Phelps.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

In for a Lolo Jones Auto

:insert pimp hat emoticon here...:
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

i for one can't wait for someone to pull the phelps speedo patch card...
jakeytehpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I'm in for a few Phelps autos if they're on the checklist. It never fails. Every time the summer olympics roll around, someone asks me if I know that I look like Michael Phelps.
thats only b/c your holding a bong
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote