Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Panini addresses customer service concerns

Panini addresses customer service concerns

February 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM

By Chris Olds | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor

Panini America addressed collector concerns about its customer service department and the long-standing, industry-wide issue of redemption cards on Monday after a number of collectors had recently expressed frustration with an inability to get in touch with representatives for the company.

According to a company statement, Panini is restructuring the department to expedite deliveries as well as follow through on replacement scenarios in a more timely fashion when needed.

The full statement can be found after the jump.

ďWe have taken on a restructuring of the CS division for a number of reasons Ö some of which include CS and former employees saying they will send something out to collectors and then not following through. Another factor was the failure to respond to collectors in an efficient fashion. Ö As soon as it was determined that the division needed some changes, we wanted to immediately communicate it on the phones with an automated message ó this was the very first and the quickest/most immediate step we could take at this time to ensure we were making customers aware. There will be more to come on that front. And yes, please be patient during this process.

We want collectors to recognize that we do pay attention and listen to what you have to say. Consider collectors dissatisfaction with customer service as one of the key drivers to restructuring the CS division.

Paniniís perspective so we are all clear and you hear it directly from us:

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Itís not acceptable for anyone at Panini to not be responsive to our consumers. We recognize that because we are not in the business of trying to [anger] collectors. Believe it or not we do listen and care about what collectors have to say. That goes for incorporating elements into our products, refining what we do ó all the way to customer service. Every component is touched with interaction/feedback from customers. Itís fair to say you see this on the blog as just one example in how we communicate and interact with collectors.

As for Customer Service, we recognize itís a process and we at Panini are committed to fixing it. We wish it could happen overnight, unfortunately we recognize it canít ó although we are doing our best to expedite the process and do what we can right now as we undergo this restructuring. We would ask all of you to be patient, but recognize that you have already been patient and it is on us to fix the situation. In the coming weeks we will hire a new Customer Service Manager that will help lead this group in a meaningful way.

REDEMPTIONS
This is a multi-faceted issue, some of which we canít always control. However, itís our responsibility to do everything we possibly can to control redemptions and ensure that they are processed in a timely fashion. Be assured that we are working on this on a number of levels with players, agents, player associations and Panini resources (internal and external). Hopefully, many of you have seen that we have processed a ton of redemptions over the last few weeks and more of that will continue on a weekly basis, as redemptions come in and are processed.

We try to communicate redemption fulfillment the best we can, often times a personal email response which would be ideal does not always work. So we rely on other platforms to communicate this such as our blog with periodic redemption updates ó itís important to note that when we do post it on the blog it does not always include everything that has been or is being processed. Here is a recent example from last week: Panini America Redemption Card Update: The Valentineís Day 2012 Edition

Again, we are working through these as best we can and as fast as we can and doing all within our power (even more than that) to get redemptions fulfilled. So be patient but know that we are continuing to resolve this. There will be more to come over the next several weeks and months during this restructuring of customer service and we look forward to sharing those changes and developments with collectors.Ē

Beckett News Panini addresses customer service concerns
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

It would be nice to have Panini update consumers on the Quality Assurance cases, not just the redemptions. Looking forward to Press-Release Part 2 by Panini.
Riversoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
Panini addresses customer service concerns

February 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM

According to a company statement, Panini is restructuring the department to expedite deliveries as well as follow through on replacement scenarios in a more timely fashion when needed.
Replacement scenarios? Here's an idea:

STOP INSERTING REDEMPTIONS FOR CARDS THAT WILL NEVER BE MADE.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wheels,

I've read a ton of your posts--this is the best
msu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Going on 7 months waiting for cards that I know are live.
iambp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Replacement scenarios? Here's an idea:

STOP INSERTING REDEMPTIONS FOR CARDS THAT WILL NEVER BE MADE.
Right? I don't understand why they feel the need to put that s*** in their products. Redemptions I can deal with as long as they will be REDEEMABLE

Collecting: Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery, and Brandon Marshall
rayray27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Coming soon...redemption cards for Panini PR "DIY kits"....

"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

HA they took out piss off and replaced it with anger in this version
Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

You know what's funny, during last year's National, another card forum hosted a get together and streamed it live with a chat. Their guests included a couple of guys from Panini, Scott and Tracy. I told them they needed to hire more people in their customer service department. Scott basically called me a clown and laughed at the suggestion. Guess the joke is on them.

Quite frankly, Panini can go eff their hat as far as I am concerned.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yes.... I don't understand with todays technology that

A. Card companies still can't cut a card properly
B. They can't pay a software developer to flush out a redemption fulfillment system
MASNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Not until i bought my card shop 8 months ago to i realize how awful Panini customer service and redemption is was

I just did not pay attention...

But hands down they are one of the worst companies i have worked with...

Even worse i have to consider my customers who spend a ton of money...

About two weeks ago i decided to help a customer who pulled a Aaron rodgers drew brees dual auto from elite football 8 months ago...

Since the product came out rodgers has multiple auto cards..

So i thought i would call for him

the panini rep no nothing about cards and just seemed like she wanted off the phone..

If they went of business i would not care one bit....

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

They really should have hired a PR person (or at least a communications major) to write that release. The grammar was horrific.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Does this tweet "@PaniniAmerica @blowoutcards I liked your facebook page and didn't even cut myself on a redemption card for sticker auto, what do I win?" in response to their request to like them on Facebook make me an a$$hole?
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Love reading a thread like this. Now Panini figures they will give people hope so they can sell new products. Instead of having Hackler type out his ignorant drool gallery articles they should have him filling redemptions and answering the darn phones. What a crock.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Im pissed I didnt get a 1/1 Mirror Black Logo Auto as a replacement for my card they effed up. Does that count as one of their "redemption scenarios?"

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I am concerned that shortly after announcing this they decide to undergo a Customer Service system "upgrade". I was hoping to get a replacement for my 2010 FF Jonathan Dwyer that has been hanging out there for 11 months. I have called 3 times so far asking for a replacement only for them to never send anything. Called back today hoping to experience this new "Customer Focused" service but got the message that they cannot currently take calls. This is pathetic BS.
khalldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

are they still "updating the phone lines" ? I left a message for somebody last week and ive yet to hear back.said they would call back within 24 hours.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Instead of having the idiots like Hackler and other typing ignorant "press releases" and selling new product why not have them sit down and fill redemptions? Or hire some people from a tempt agency with a clean criminal record to get these filled. Its not hard to have a label printed and a card shoved in an envelope. It appears Panini felt since their customers are dumb enough to buy their products, they would be dumb enough to believe they are trying to change.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Instead of having the idiots like Hackler and other typing ignorant "press releases" and selling new product why not have them sit down and fill redemptions? Or hire some people from a tempt agency with a clean criminal record to get these filled. Its not hard to have a label printed and a card shoved in an envelope. It appears Panini felt since their customers are dumb enough to buy their products, they would be dumb enough to believe they are trying to change.
agreed 1,000%

they still owe me my redemption for my Darren Collison NT Logoman Auto 1/1 I redeemed in 2010. They keep saying, "We are doing our best and looking into it right away... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHH!!!" WTF I just realized theyve been saying this to me for the past year and I've just kept replying "Oh Ok. Thank You" Enough is Enough! I contact someone new everyday and the ones I though I was gonna get help from, Panini fires them, Theresa and Art.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Panini needs to hire 5 people from this board and have them work their redemption line. I'm sure a few of us could get the backorders caught up in 6 months or less. For the right price, I'd be willing to go to Texas.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Still going through the CS upgrade. How long does this take? Working in an industry where happy customers keep me getting a paycheck, our complete telephone system upgrade for a multi-location healthcare company with over 8,000 employees was done in a weekend with no noticable disruption to our clients. I am one step closer to never purchasing a Panini product ever again.
khalldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Their CS upgrade has been on going since they moved offices over a year ago, at least that's what the recording has always said.

Anyway on a somewhat lighter note..... I hit a major snag recently with my 09-10 contenders master set a lot of the insert autos/10 I couldn't find or even see anywhere. Searched and searched then said screw it and I sent Hackler a tweet about it and a few days later he replied and we emailed back and forth and eventually with Hackler, David Porter and one other guy they got me the accurate checklist for the cards that were made and the one's that were never produced. Well it was A LOT that weren't made but I was very happy to finally have a resolution on this after countless emails and phone calls/messages going unanswered. This was far and away the ONLY time I was ever pleased with Panini. So perhaps we can all tweet bomb Hackler and maybe something will get done that way, who knows???? @TracyHackler
440shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

are the redemptions redeemed "first come, first served"?
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Agree, Hackler is a walking goof, David Porter is right behind, Ive met him atleast three times and have told him how i feel, and im still waiting on a reply from him from my previous 4 emails

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote