Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #201 (permalink)

For any VIP members out there who are looking to get rid of autograph tickets please PM me ASAP! I am sure we can work out a deal! Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets575 View Post
For any VIP members out there who are looking to get rid of autograph tickets please PM me ASAP! I am sure we can work out a deal! Thanks in advance.
PM sent.

Thanks!
TROY
Da_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #203 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblez View Post
If anyone is going to be there SAT/Sun pm me if you want to split the VIP package. I will charge you less then half the money and don't want the autograph tickets and we would split the free gifts. LMK!
Im going Sat and sunday. How much would you want for the vip tickets? You say half or less? I know there are some redskins signer there my nephew would like. He is coming and maybe we can make a deal. lmk asap Im leaving friday morning at 7:50 from Pa
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #204 (permalink)
Administrator

The Fantastic Store will be closed starting Wednesday and BlowoutTV will be broadcasting from the National!
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #205 (permalink)

I have 2 sets of SuperVIP auto tickets available. PM me if interested in any of the tickets. Willing to sell auto tickets individually or as a full set.
ZydrunasSabonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #206 (permalink)

If anyone is interested in the nationals vip packs or swap cards, just pm me and lmk

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #207 (permalink)

Panini "ran out" of redemption packs at 12:40, 40 minutes after pack redemptions started. Great job there
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #208 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jflan702

I'll be there Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. See ya at the booth.
Only able to ship on saturdays
jflan702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #209 (permalink)

I am looking to buy a set of the PSA black swamp cards. Paying $20. I will be at the show Friday and Saturday. Pm me if you want to meet up.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #210 (permalink)

Default THE700LEVEL

Meeting with THEHEEL Saturday and Sunday.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #211 (permalink)

I have a friend who has a ball signed by Roberto Clemente. He wants to get it authenticated and possibly move it. Is this a good place to do it? I don't want to waste hours messing with it.
mattritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #212 (permalink)

If anyone needs autograph tickets, please pm me. Thanks!

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #213 (permalink)

I'm looking for some of the VIP promo cards including the following:
Panini Robert Griffin III, Upper Deck VIP complete sets, and the Topps promo packs
especially the Mantles.

Prefer to buy a lot from one person. Pm me and we can meet up at the National today or tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
I'm looking for some of the VIP promo cards including the following:
Panini Robert Griffin III, Upper Deck VIP complete sets, and the Topps promo packs
especially the Mantles.

Prefer to buy a lot from one person. Pm me and we can meet up at the National today or tomorrow.
Pm sent.............
dacaptain37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
I am looking to buy a set of the PSA black swamp cards. Paying $20. I will be at the show Friday and Saturday. Pm me if you want to meet up.
ill sell you a set for that. pm me
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #216 (permalink)

Anybody want my VIP auto tickets for tomorrow? Idk how many of the free vip guests athletes are signing tomorrow or Sunday but I'd sell them real cheap. If so pm me!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #217 (permalink)

Here is my analysis. Results with cards will have to come later in weekend when I have time.

Overall, I had a great time. It was very similar to other large shows, expect much more free swag.
Observations:
1) The panini redemption packs and the topps bowman platinum set really carry the most demand for collectors. Everyone goes nuts when the topps booth starts giving the 100 packs away, and the Panini line for the redemption packs was HUGE!. I waited over an hour, but the packs are well worth it.

2)BIG CHANGES COMING TO COMC:
COMC will no longer be posting BVs along with the cards. So if you search cards that you want to buy, it will only have the sale price next to it, not the BV. You WILL be able to see BVs of your cards. You will have the option of paying 10$/month to get the BVs in your search.

3) The seller's there are, for the most part, awful. They sell mainly over ebay, and buy way under ebay, and expect you to be ok with it. I can't tell you how many times I heard "Oh, so your are asking sell value on these" with disdain in their voice. Like, "how can you come to a card show and ask for their actual value." Like it's totally crazy to do that.

4) I have to say it, but Blowout really takes the cake, and was one of the highlights of the show. They are pretty great (I like to say that BO is front and center at the show, both the store and the odor).
They are friendly, market well, and their raffle was one of the most popular events of the day. They gave away some AMAZING prizes. They are hands down the best company/distributor there. They also had great free stuff that they run around giving to people (grocery bags, 5$ off coupons, mag holders, etc.)

5) I met Jenknssss, Idol and a few others from the Blowout forums. They were real cool to talk to and deal with.

6) Comc booth was great. I was able to drop off a few items really easily to sell on the site. They also went through the new site changes and how they look.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #218 (permalink)

I'm buying elite base rookies and autos. If you busted elite and want to sell look for the guy in the sling and el capitan hat tomorrow!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #219 (permalink)

my first national show....omg, some incredible deals on wax just not very comfortable buying lose boxes from open cases while dealers are sitting behind their tables opening the same product. (all the while I'm watching boxes being moved to different piles...makes one wonder) Just my observation
buckeyeforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #220 (permalink)

I need one set of Upper Deck VIP cards. Paying $10. I will at the show until 4pm. Pm me if you have one and want to meet up.

PS: Thanks to all the great members who have helped me fill my needs!
Old 08-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #221 (permalink)

I was pretty disappointed with this show. My main goal - track down Will Clarks I need. If I'm gonna find any, this should be the place. I counted 3 total Clarks and they were all cards that anybody should already have. The only Clark I got was the Leaf promo and I ordered that online before I went for $1.

I ended up buying a few things just so I didn't go home empty handed, but most of the "deals" on boxes weren't any better than I could get them for online. Someone had Mars Attacks boxes for $41, that was about the best deal I found, and even that's only $4 less than the average price. Big whoop.

Most of the redemption programs sucked. You really needed to spend a lot to get anything half decent.

I did get to chat briefly with Dr. Price which was cool.

If they do this again in Baltimore I might skip it next time. It really wasn't worth the drive.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #222 (permalink)

I was very disappointed with the National. Prices on Boxes was ok, but I honestly could have drove 20 minutes down the road and received better prices on wax. Singles were extremely over priced on prospect items. I had to have walked away from 5 dealers at least laughing. I did pick up a few boxes from blowout and bust them there. Blowout was great, can't say much for the other vendors.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
Here is my analysis. Results with cards will have to come later in weekend when I have time.

Overall, I had a great time. It was very similar to other large shows, expect much more free swag.
Observations:
1) The panini redemption packs and the topps bowman platinum set really carry the most demand for collectors. Everyone goes nuts when the topps booth starts giving the 100 packs away, and the Panini line for the redemption packs was HUGE!. I waited over an hour, but the packs are well worth it.

2)BIG CHANGES COMING TO COMC:
COMC will no longer be posting BVs along with the cards. So if you search cards that you want to buy, it will only have the sale price next to it, not the BV. You WILL be able to see BVs of your cards. You will have the option of paying 10$/month to get the BVs in your search.

3) The seller's there are, for the most part, awful. They sell mainly over ebay, and buy way under ebay, and expect you to be ok with it. I can't tell you how many times I heard "Oh, so your are asking sell value on these" with disdain in their voice. Like, "how can you come to a card show and ask for their actual value." Like it's totally crazy to do that.

4) I have to say it, but Blowout really takes the cake, and was one of the highlights of the show. They are pretty great (I like to say that BO is front and center at the show, both the store and the odor).
They are friendly, market well, and their raffle was one of the most popular events of the day. They gave away some AMAZING prizes. They are hands down the best company/distributor there. They also had great free stuff that they run around giving to people (grocery bags, 5$ off coupons, mag holders, etc.)

5) I met Jenknssss, Idol and a few others from the Blowout forums. They were real cool to talk to and deal with.

6) Comc booth was great. I was able to drop off a few items really easily to sell on the site. They also went through the new site changes and how they look.
Am I missing something? Is the object of someone who retails sports cards to make money? Why would they pay you the exact same price they could get out of it? Seems tough to make money and pay the overhead that way. I cant think of any business with that model.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I was pretty disappointed with this show. My main goal - track down Will Clarks I need. If I'm gonna find any, this should be the place. I counted 3 total Clarks and they were all cards that anybody should already have. The only Clark I got was the Leaf promo and I ordered that online before I went for $1.

I ended up buying a few things just so I didn't go home empty handed, but most of the "deals" on boxes weren't any better than I could get them for online. Someone had Mars Attacks boxes for $41, that was about the best deal I found, and even that's only $4 less than the average price. Big whoop.

Most of the redemption programs sucked. You really needed to spend a lot to get anything half decent.

I did get to chat briefly with Dr. Price which was cool.

If they do this again in Baltimore I might skip it next time. It really wasn't worth the drive.
are you serious? panini's wrapper redemption was insane! you could of spent as little as $65 for 6 packs that had a lot of value in them. i spent $130 to get 12 packs & ended up with 2 draft hat relics, a signed 8x10, a cracked ice, 2 RG3's, 1 luck, a yu darvish plate /5, a michael jackson /5, & more! and i spent like $150 on leaf products & got a josh gibson 1/1 printing plate AND a shoeless joe 1/1 printing plate with my leaf bucks...for essentially free. upper deck also gave away packs with insane autos & topps bowman platinum sets have sold for around $100, if you could get one.

you didn't need to spend that much to take part in these, plus the company's are pretty much giving away this stuff for free, so how can you say they sucked?

Bring me your Dan Haren, Maurice Jones-Drew, Bobby Shantz, & Oregon State Beavers!

Bucket: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/RichSlyFox14/
RichSlyFox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #225 (permalink)

Update:
Went back again yesterday. Here are some more comments:

7) Mike Trout Mike Trout Mike Trout. He is what everyone is clamoring for there. From his base rcs to his autos to wax with his stuff, everyone is obsessed with him (and for good reason). It's pretty crazy to see one guy carry a hobby.

8) Vintage was probably the most common booth. It does really well everywhere, and it was very popular, with mostly older folk, throughout the show.

9) Went back for more Panini packs. These are so addicting and fun to open. Great value too.

10) Also, despite warnings before hand about local teams not selling there, I found Baltimore teams sold VERY well, and were in high demand. Sure, there was a lot of supply too, but dealers were scooping them up, as a lot of locals were buying them up. Washington team too, but to a lesser extent.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote