Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps Announces their plans for the 2012 National !

TOPPS TO OFFER TWO EXCLUSIVE WRAPPER REDEMPTION SETS, MINI PROMOS, SPECIAL BOWMAN PRIZE AND MORE FOR 2012 NATIONAL COLLECTOR’S CONVENTION

Topps announces that it has created two special wrapper redemption sets and other promotions for the 2012 National Collector’s Convention in Baltimore. All are available exclusively at the Topps Booth.

BOWMAN PLATINUM HOBBY BOX REDEMPTION
Topps will offer a special 25-card 2012 Bowman Platinum Blue Foil Parallel Set (#’d to 499) featuring the brightest rookies and prospects in the game. And as a bonus, some sets will include randomly inserted autographed parallels featuring Bryce Harper, Yu Darvish, Dylan Bundy, Trevor Bauer, Bubba Starling and more.

Collectors opening ONE full sealed HOBBY BOX of 2012 Bowman Platinum Baseball (in front of a Topps rep at the booth) can redeem their wrappers for this show exclusive set. This redemption will be limited to 100 sets per day and 1 set per person for the duration of the show.

AND…

Win A Trip to the Under Armour All-America Baseball Game in Chicago Courtesy of Bowman!

In addition to offering the special Bowman Platinum Blue Foil Parallel Set…any collector opening a box of Bowman Platinum at the Topps booth, Topps will offer them a chance to see the baseball stars of tomorrow! Collectors opening their Bowman Platinum box will be entered into a raffle ( 1 entry for every box opened) for a chance to win a trip for two to Chicago to attend 4 days of Under Armour All-American Baseball Game festivities including:
  • Private tour of Wrigley Field and the All-America Banquet & Dinner
  • A workout for the All-American players hosted by Cal and Billy Ripken. Guest will meet them both!
  • A scout showcase with over 100 MLB scouts…all there to view America’s top talent
  • The Under Armour All-America Game!
Winner of the raffle will be announced at the end of the show on Sunday.

GYPSY QUEEN WRAPPER REDEMPTION
Topps has created a special 9-card 2012 Gypsy Queen Mini set featuring the hottest rookies in both MLB and NFL. Collectors opening 3 packs of any 2012 Topps/Bowman HOBBY product (in front of a Topps rep at the booth) can redeem their wrappers for one of the following nine cards.

Bryce Harper
Yu Darvish
Yoenis Cespedes
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Trent Richardson
Michael Floyd
Justin Blackmon

This redemption will be limited to 100 cards per subject per day. And each subject is limited to 1 subject per person per day.

TOPPS MINI PROMOS

Topps will be offering a limited number of all-new 2012 Topps Mini Baseball boxes (online exclusive) for sale at it’s booth during the show. Collector’s purchasing a box will receive a special 5-card set of mini promo cards. The subjects include:

Yu Darvish
Bryce Harper
Matt Kemp
Stephen Strasburg
Roy Halladay

THURSDAY NIGHT TOPPS MEET & GREET / Q&A
  1. The first 150 people to sign up at the Topps booth will be invited to a special Topps Meet & Greet where a question and answer period will be held. The event will take place Thursday evening at the convention center from 5-7 PM.
blowoutcards2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Only 100 platinum sets per day?
pittgrad0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittgrad0214 View Post
Only 100 platinum sets per day?
Glad I got my VIP early entrance.
gmarutiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarutiak View Post
Glad I got my VIP early entrance.
I bet topps only opens it during certain hours and with my luck it will be while i am at the autograph area
pittgrad0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

For anyone going to the National, I highly recommend signing up for, and attending, the Topps Meet & Greet. I went two years ago in Baltimore, and they had free snacks, soda, AND BEER.

They also had some really good door prizes, such as high-end boxes, and a Stephen Strasburg autographed ball that I won.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sblez

Last time I went they had the Strasburg Heritage. They had set times when the line would start for them....I wonder if they are going to do the same thing for these sets to give people an equal chance...
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Great! Another promotion Topps won't follow thru on. Still waiting on 4 (yes 4) Steven Strasburg autographed baseballs #d to /25, from 2011 Sterling. I hardly doubt they can pull off a Banquet & Dinner, and a meet and greet.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
Great! Another promotion Topps won't follow thru on. Still waiting on 4 (yes 4) Steven Strasburg autographed baseballs #d to /25, from 2011 Sterling. I hardly doubt they can pull off a Banquet & Dinner, and a meet and greet.
Went really good in Baltimore honestly 2 years ago. We got there late so we didnt get in the raffles, but thought it was really neat.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
The Meet & Greet last year was HILARIOUS! Nothing but collectors just slamming them and their responses of "uh", "um", "duh" and "we feel that was the best course of action" was priceless.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Also recommend, just for free snacks and FREE BEER!

My father also won a Strasburg ball in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarutiak View Post
For anyone going to the National, I highly recommend signing up for, and attending, the Topps Meet & Greet. I went two years ago in Baltimore, and they had free snacks, soda, AND BEER.

They also had some really good door prizes, such as high-end boxes, and a Stephen Strasburg autographed ball that I won.
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
Also recommend, just for free snacks and FREE BEER!

My father also won a Strasburg ball in 2010.
That's awesome. I was the first name that they pulled for a prize. This was when the Strasburg rookie hype was nuts, so it was a reall adrenaline rush to win. My hands were shaking.

I felt bad for the guy sitting next to me, because we both had the same first name (Gary). After they called my name for my prize, he told me that he thought he had won the Strasburg ball, since Gary isn't the most common name. I felt REALLY bad for him later, when ANOTHER guy named Gary won something, and it still wasn't him!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Went really good in Baltimore honestly 2 years ago. We got there late so we didnt get in the raffles, but thought it was really neat.
We went to the one in Chicago last year, not Baltimore

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

So they are only giving out 100 sets per day and it is limited to one set per person for the duration of the show. How will they monitor that?
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do you sign up for the meet and greet on thursday or can you sign up Wed night?