Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Panini America Unveils Complete Details of its 2012 National Wrapper Redemption Set

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...edemption-set/

Panini America Unveils Complete Details of Its 2012 National Wrapper Redemption Set

July 23, 2012

by Tracy Hackler

Following a few solid weeks of collector speculation and buzz-generating buildup, Panini America finally is ready to announce complete details surrounding the showstopping wrapper-redemption program it has planned for next month’s 2012 National Sports Collectors Convention in Baltimore.
Over the weekend we showcased many of the inserts we have planned for the show, including first looks at the Cracked Ice parallels and Team Colors sets. We also pulled the curtain back in recent weeks with previews of the instant-win packaging printing plates and the National VIP sets we’re bringing to Baltimore. But today, we’re finally ready to release specifics on how to participate — as well as preview the show-exclusive base set in all of its splendor.

Once again this year, we have developed a must-bust program for collectors that includes a stunning base set, Rookie Cards numbered to 499 and several inserts, headlined by the aforementioned Team Colors insert. There also are randomly inserted autograph and memorabilia cards including Tools of the Trade, NFL Draft Materials, signed Rookie Patch Cards and instant-win cards redeemable on-site for autographed memorabilia.
What’s more, we also have a few surprises stuck up our sleeve that we’ll show you as the National draws closer.
You can find complete details on the specific products eligible for Panini America’s 2012 National wrapper-redemption program by click on this: 2012 National Wrapper
You can also access the complete checklist here: 2012 National Media Checklist
Once you’ve carefully scrutinized that, treat yourself to the following preview gallery of the show-exclusive base set. Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance in the coming days for sneak peeks at the set’s autograph and memorabilia inclusions.

Last edited by blowoutcards2; 07-23-2012 at 03:13 PM.
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is there a special time period they will be honoring this or can you go up to the both and do this any time you want?
Old 07-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Damn. Wish totally certified was 2 redemption packs per pack (12 per box).

Looks like either Prime Signauters or Limited....
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
Damn. Wish totally certified was 2 redemption packs per pack (12 per box).

Looks like either Prime Signauters or Limited....
Totally certified shows 6 redemption packs.

I'm curious about Prime Cuts. I don't usually buy baseball but 12 redemption packs might make it worth while.
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk21yadigg View Post
Is there a special time period they will be honoring this or can you go up to the both and do this any time you want?
They will do it 4-5 times a day. Be prepared to stand in a long line a wait, especially if you have a bunch of people opening cases in front of you. With the new rewards it will be very likely that a few people will be opening multiple cases. The end result of that program is fewer packs everyone else and longer wait times.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

last year, they cut it off at certain times of the day...also they made it a limit of 2 boxes that you could open for redemption packs on saturday, so i was in line with my daughter and she opened 2 boxes and I opened 2 boxes...not sure if they did this the rest of the days
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

i'm new to all this guys...do you buy the boxes directly from them then open them up in front of them, or do you buy them at some place like the BO booth, then bring them over to the panini booth and open them there? any help for this rookie would be appreciated
dacaptain37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaptain37 View Post
i'm new to all this guys...do you buy the boxes directly from them then open them up in front of them, or do you buy them at some place like the BO booth, then bring them over to the panini booth and open them there? any help for this rookie would be appreciated
You buy them from BO or wherever then open them at the Panini booth
Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Looking like 2 cases of elite it is. 144 packs from panini!!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

only problem with this product is you have to buy panini junk products
pittgrad0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

at its current price point, and with 12 packs added on as bonus I would say Prime cuts is actually a great rip. I will prob do a 15 box case while I am there
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
at its current price point, and with 12 packs added on as bonus I would say Prime cuts is actually a great rip. I will prob do a 15 box case while I am there
Since I don't bust baseball what is the current pricing on Prime cuts? Are the current or HOF autos included?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom9th View Post
Since I don't bust baseball what is the current pricing on Prime cuts? Are the current or HOF autos included?
Its $170 per box & $2400 or so a case. Give or take a few bucks on each. You get 12 silver packs per box or 180 cards per case. There are plenty of good hits but you only get 5 cards per box so your only getting 75 cards per case but 180 silver packs. I just do not feel like the case is good enoguh to spend that. I'd rather get two elite cases for a couple hundred more, get a few less silver packs but get better product and newer cards from elite. Just my opinion!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
Its $170 per box & $2400 or so a case. Give or take a few bucks on each. You get 12 silver packs per box or 180 cards per case. There are plenty of good hits but you only get 5 cards per box so your only getting 75 cards per case but 180 silver packs. I just do not feel like the case is good enoguh to spend that. I'd rather get two elite cases for a couple hundred more, get a few less silver packs but get better product and newer cards from elite. Just my opinion!
Yeah I'd much rather have Elite too. I just figured I'd buy a box or two of prime cuts if it's worth it

Thanks
Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #15 (permalink)

Everyone is allowed their opinion. My feeling is Prime Cuts (which I am pretty sure you will be able to get for the $155-$160 a box range at nationals) is the only product on that list that gives you a good chance as some pretty big $$ cards. Elite is great, much safer, but Elite has very few chances at huge cuts and pulls like Prime Cuts does. Prime Cuts is the only big gamble product on the list. I will prob end up doing a case of it, a case of limited, and a case of contenders or elite.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

I'll be working on a set. Hit me up at the show for done trading.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Everyone is allowed their opinion. My feeling is Prime Cuts (which I am pretty sure you will be able to get for the $155-$160 a box range at nationals) is the only product on that list that gives you a good chance as some pretty big $$ cards. Elite is great, much safer, but Elite has very few chances at huge cuts and pulls like Prime Cuts does. Prime Cuts is the only big gamble product on the list. I will prob end up doing a case of it, a case of limited, and a case of contenders or elite.
That's a lot of product. Are you going to try and make the Panini $6500 Super VIP event?
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

top 4 products for this, in my opinion, are the Prime Cuts Baseball, Elite FB & Hockey, and Playbook FB. i'll probably end up getting a couple boxes, not sure of what though.

Bring me your Dan Haren, Maurice Jones-Drew, Bobby Shantz, & Oregon State Beavers!

Bucket: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/RichSlyFox14/
RichSlyFox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
That's a lot of product. Are you going to try and make the Panini $6500 Super VIP event?
I am not 100% sure yet. It will depend on what Panini says over the next couple days as far as daily limits and what times they will be allowing you to open the product at their booth and everything before I can make that decision.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

there wasn't a time limit on the one in Baltimore the first time. They started it at the beginning of the day and ended it when their limit was gone. I think it will be like that again this year since it won't be as big of a crowd as chicago
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Just saw on the Panini Blog site that each pack only has two cards in it. Yikes! Seems to me like it was at least 3 cards per pack last year. Does anyone remember?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Just saw on the Panini Blog site that each pack only has two cards in it. Yikes! Seems to me like it was at least 3 cards per pack last year. Does anyone remember?
Idk, I'm pretty sure they've done 2 per pack for most, if not all, of their previous wrapper redemption promotions.

Bring me your Dan Haren, Maurice Jones-Drew, Bobby Shantz, & Oregon State Beavers!

Bucket: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/RichSlyFox14/
RichSlyFox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
All packs last year had 2 cards.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
All packs last year had 2 cards.
Ok, thanks. For some reason I was thinking it was 3. You'd think I would remember since I opened about 40 packs last year. I must be losing it.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

They've been 2 cards packs since Panini (Donruss) started producing National sets in 2006. They had made special cards prior to 2006, but 06 was the first year there was a clear-cut set.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote