Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   News & Announcements (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/news-announcements/)
-   -   Exclusive marketing agreement between Blowoutcards.com and CheckOutMyCards.com (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/news-announcements/37246-exclusive-marketing-agreement-between-blowoutcards-com-checkoutmycards-com.html)

blowoutcards 08-24-2009 01:33 PM

Exclusive marketing agreement between Blowoutcards.com and CheckOutMyCards.com

August 24th, 2009

Exclusive marketing agreement reached between Blowoutcards.com and CheckOutMyCards.com

"We have wanted to work with COMC for some time. After meeting at the National Convention in Cleveland, we knew that the synergies created by working together would benefit not only our customers but all collectors. Tim has created a site that is changing the way single cards are bought and sold in our hobby and many collectors are utilizing CheckOutMyCards.com by turning their unwanted cards into cash." Chris Park

"Our agreement will open up many exciting opportunities. We are working on several other promotions and we will continue to enhance our site. The National was a great show for us and we are confident COMC customers will be happy with the plans we have in store." - Tim Getsch

About Blowoutcards.com

Headquartered in Sterling,Virginia, Blowoutcards.com is one of the world's largest online retailers of trading cards. Blowoutcards.com specializes in unopened sports card boxes and factory sealed cases. Their web site is also home to one of the most informative and active discussion forums. For over 20 years they have provided collectors and resellers with competitive prices and outstanding service. In 2008 they were voted best on-line retailer by Freedomcardboard.com members. For more information, visit their website at [url=http://www.Blowoutcards.com]Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store[/url].

About CheckOutMyCards.com

Based in Redmond, Washington, CheckOutMyCards.com is doing business for Check Out My LLC and is utilizing patent-pending technology to make it safe and easy for people to buy and sell sports cards online. Both sides of all cards are scanned with a 4x zoom. More than 500 sellers have sent in their cards to be sold. There are nearly 800,000 cards currently for sale. The company was formed in December of 2005, and the CheckOutMyCards.com consignment service was launched in August of 2007.

admin_blowoutcards 08-24-2009 01:44 PM

You can now cash out at COMC for Blowout Cards gift certificates that can be used to purchase boxes, cases, supplies or anything else listed on our website!

Here is a link to a new thread that will replace the original COMC thread:
[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-checkoutmycards-online-selling-shows/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html[/url]

Post your listings here:
[URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/../spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-naxcom-sportslots-etc/"]Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Naxcom, Sportslots, etc.) - Blowout Cards Forums[/URL]

Add your COMC link to your avatar!
[URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/../forum-faqs/37254-how-do-i-add-comc-link-my-profile-avatar.html"]How do I add that COMC link in my profile/avatar?[/URL]

deboesports 08-24-2009 01:47 PM

thats great! i will for sure get some stuff together for COMC!

Zerokruel 08-24-2009 01:48 PM

Wow! I think it's time to send in some cards to COMC.

Brad 08-24-2009 01:52 PM

So when you normally withdraw at COMC, you get "hit" with a 20% fee.

With these new gift certificates, here are the "hits":

$50 Blowout Gift Certificate = $60 in COMC Funds (16.7% "hit")
$250 Blowout Gift Certificate = $290 in COMC Funds (13.8% "hit")
$1,000 Blowout Gift Certificate = $1,150 in COMC Funds (13.0% "hit")

So the higher the denomination GC you get, the less you get "hit".

otmack2o 08-24-2009 01:59 PM

Pat or Chris, do either of you guys know what the turnaround time is on "cashing out" for a Blowout gift certificate?

iluvfish2 08-24-2009 01:59 PM

Still better than the 20% hit for cashing out. If its instant, might let people take advantage of Twitter Tuesday and/or weekend specials without having to explain to their significant other why they spent another 500, or 1000 bucks on cards. I know for me, my COMC, Naxcom/Sportsbuy fund aren't common funds. But ask to spend XXX on cards and well....most of us have been there done that.

admin_blowoutcards 08-24-2009 02:25 PM

You can ask Tim in this new COMC thread:
[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-online-selling-shows/37221-checkoutmycards-com-questions-suggestions-testimonials.html[/url]

[quote=otmack2o;307499]Pat or Chris, do either of you guys know what the turnaround time is on "cashing out" for a Blowout gift certificate?[/quote]

bigmon80 08-24-2009 04:05 PM

This is great! Two great sites/businesses working together with the consumer benifiting from both. :D:)!

The question I have is will the COMC money be dollar for dollar in exchange for the BO gift certificate or will there still be a % taken?

admin_blowoutcards 08-24-2009 04:12 PM

Answered a few posts up....

[quote=bradolson;307498]So when you normally withdraw at COMC, you get "hit" with a 20% fee.

With these new gift certificates, here are the "hits":

$50 Blowout Gift Certificate = $60 in COMC Funds (16.7% "hit")
$250 Blowout Gift Certificate = $290 in COMC Funds (13.8% "hit")
$1,000 Blowout Gift Certificate = $1,150 in COMC Funds (13.0% "hit")

So the higher the denomination GC you get, the less you get "hit".[/quote]

[quote=bigmon80;307589]This is great! Two great sites/businesses working together with the consumer benifiting from both. :D:)!

The question I have is will the COMC money be dollar for dollar in exchange for the BO gift certificate or will there still be a % taken?[/quote]

IndySportsCards 08-24-2009 04:15 PM

GENIUS!!! Thank you

Highcheese4U 08-24-2009 05:29 PM

I don't have a COMC account but I do have a sportlots account...how do you guys send in your cards to these guys, do they ever get damaged?

chefant73 08-24-2009 06:23 PM

I Think that this merger will some way make us feel like kids in the candy store:flex:

ifish73 08-24-2009 09:55 PM

Now just get them to start a non-sport category!

mwheeler27 08-24-2009 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=ifish73;307883]Now just get them to start a non-sport category![/QUOTE]

I second this motion most resoundingly! :)!

steelheader 08-24-2009 11:09 PM

I love the idea but do any of you think this will hurt card sales? Instead of buying cards with your money will most buy boxes? I know if this would have happened when my account was full of cash, I would not have bought near as many cards to avoid the 20%hit.
Dave

pskell02 08-24-2009 11:12 PM

Dave, I think that with Tim's newly instated permanant bulk shipping, buying will pick up. There was the thread a few days ago about the guy wanting to ship 500 cards at a cost of roughly $120. With the new bulk shipping, his total would be just over $70. I'm really looking forward to being able to use the cashout for BO credit, but its not going to stop me from buying cards to complete my sets :)!

bubbyande 08-25-2009 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=pat_blowoutcards;307489]You can now cash out at COMC for Blowout Cards gift certificates that can be used to purchase boxes, cases, supplies or anything else listed on our website!URL][/QUOTE]

Please don't tell me that, now my wife will be mad at me for spending all my money at Blowout :p JK. This sounds awesome, I will definitely take yall up on a gift certificate or purchase soon.

Tim 08-25-2009 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=pskell02;307954]Dave, I think that with Tim's newly instated permanant bulk shipping, buying will pick up. There was the thread a few days ago about the guy wanting to ship 500 cards at a cost of roughly $120. With the new bulk shipping, his total would be just over $70. I'm really looking forward to being able to use the cashout for BO credit, but its not going to stop me from buying cards to complete my sets :)![/QUOTE]

Ok I admit I have not gotten on the COMC bandwagon yet, but am I reading this right? They are not charging $70 to ship 500 cards, are they? I so hope I am misinterpreting this post.

pskell02 08-25-2009 10:09 AM

[quote=Tim;308159]Ok I admit I have not gotten on the COMC bandwagon yet, but am I reading this right? They are not charging $70 to ship 500 cards, are they? I so hope I am misinterpreting this post.[/quote]

No that is correct. Seems awful high, but it is substantially lower than before the bulk shipping. It is still cheaper to buy from them and pay the $70 shipping on those 500 cards than it would be to purchase those same cards from different sellers on ebay.

Its not perfect, but its a step in the right direction. Maybe next we will see some kind of discount based on how many sellers you buy from (i.e. less sellers the lower the shipping fee).

otmack2o 08-25-2009 10:14 AM

Tim, The $70 covers shipping and processing. You have to remember that they need to pay someone to physically collect all of the EXACT cards to be delivered before they can package and ship them.

I would love to see the shipping rates come down on COMC, but I can understand why the costs are where they are currently.

crdboy 08-25-2009 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=ifish73;307883]Now just get them to start a non-sport category![/QUOTE]

I just emailed COMC the other day about a non-sport category and they said they were considering it for the future, I think it something thats definatley needed, seeing as they already have plenty of Americana cards up on the site under the Multisport category.

Highcheese4U 08-25-2009 03:37 PM

Might work for people on the mainland but not out here...