Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #1526 (permalink)
Administrator

We have set up all the threads for each of the Specials in our Box Breaks Section of the Forum. You can also access the links on the front page of this thread. Please post your box breaks in the appropriate area. Thanks
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #1527 (permalink)

Thanks again BLOWOUT! I wouldnt cry if I wasnt able to get anything. BUT!!!!! I did so id like to take this moment to rub it in the face of alll these people crying that they couldnt get through. Ill be thinking of you guys while im opening my 5 boxes!!!!!! hahahahahahahahah
MintSkoaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #1528 (permalink)

Mintskoaly ..be Nice And Congrats And I Hope You Get Some Nice Cards
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #1529 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintSkoaly View Post
Thanks again BLOWOUT! I wouldnt cry if I wasnt able to get anything. BUT!!!!! I did so id like to take this moment to rub it in the face of alll these people crying that they couldnt get through. Ill be thinking of you guys while im opening my 5 boxes!!!!!! hahahahahahahahah
Thanks.... I really didn't like any of the specials, but it would have been nice to get something. Hell, it would have been nice to PM's, too, but I couldn't. It was just frustrating sitting by a computer all day just to get shut out.

But the lesson I learned from this is.... next time there is a sale like this, don't even bother.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #1530 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingmensan View Post
This was NOT cool to do all of this one day for the same people sitting at their computers to take advantage while others are left out due to a single-day commitment.

I am very disappointed in BO right now...

Really? I hope you are joking with this post.

That was the point of the promotion, one day, 9/9/09.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #1531 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
I think the point was that most of the specials were during the day. Alot of regular customers work during the day without a computer anywhere near them. It's like the Twitter specials, a great idea, but they are usually gone by the time people get off work. I don't think anyone is in tears here, it's not THAT big of a deal.

STUMP

Their hours of operation are during the day. What are they supposed to do make their staff work at night to accomodate you? Wait, don't answer that because I actually have a feeling you would probably say yes.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #1532 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNARIZONA View Post

(if you don't need to google search any of these phrases then you are, at minimum, over 35 yrs age)
You got me.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #1533 (permalink)

Thank you Blowout for doing this. I know you can not please everyone, however you pleased many!

For those who are complaining, this was a privilege and not a right. No one is in entitled to anything and they did not have to do this in the first place. Please show some respect to the Chris and Pat for their generosity. Maybe if there is a next time, you can get in on the deals.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #1534 (permalink)

Lots of 9/9/09 babies, but one came at 9:09 a.m. - Yahoo! News
Old 09-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #1535 (permalink)

To the staff of Blowout Cards,

Thank you very much for an entertaining day yesterday. I failed miserably in obtaining any of the deals, but I have now enrolled myself in a typing 101 class so when you all decide to be crazy again, I will be ready. But all was not lost, my wife let me hold a credit card in hopes of spending some money, the first time in many years, so this should be considered a success. So thanks again and I look forward to the madness in the future!!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #1536 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
To the staff of Blowout Cards,

Thank you very much for an entertaining day yesterday. I failed miserably in obtaining any of the deals, but I have now enrolled myself in a typing 101 class so when you all decide to be crazy again, I will be ready. But all was not lost, my wife let me hold a credit card in hopes of spending some money, the first time in many years, so this should be considered a success. So thanks again and I look forward to the madness in the future!!!
I remember this early in my marriage. Don't worry, it gets better the longer your together. I've been married 25 years and can now carry one in my wallet

Once again, thanks Blowout!!!

For those of you complaining...Get a life and grow up!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #1537 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_blowoutcards View Post
Let's end this with a Bang !

2006 Playoff National Treasures Football 4 Box Case. $999.99. 9 Available. Limit 1 per Customer.
(Anyone who buys a Case MUST post the break on our forum...no reselling of boxes or flipping of cases Please)

2007 Topps Triple Threads Football HOBBY Box. $119.99. Limit 1 box per Customer. 49 Available.
This is about $55+ off the normal price !
(Anyone who buys a Box MUST post the break on our forum. )Specials : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

How are you going to enforce this? You must post the break? Give me a break. What are you going to do, not sell to the person in the future if they don't. I highly doubt that.

As far as selling the cases, same thing. How are you going to know if the case is resold or not? As long as it isn't sold on the forum, why does it matter? For all you know a lurker who doesn't even belong to the forum got one. I mean christ, half the free world knew about these customer appreciation specials by the middle of the day because of all the bloggers.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #1538 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post
I mean christ, half the free world knew about these customer appreciation specials by the middle of the day because of all the bloggers.
That is part of what was sad about this event. It really was every where and long time loyal customers were shut out of the event. It was a cluster f around here yesterday and how many shop owners, dealers, and others took advantage of these deals and not the loyal case breakers who have been the backbone of support for this company. Most of them appeared to be left out on the street looking in as the site was so slow and the amounts offered made it near impossible to get anything. I could really care less as it got word out about blowout but now the million dollar question is how many of these buyers will be repeat buyers in the future and buy something other than crazy priced specials.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #1539 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNARIZONA View Post
"KMG 365....Station 51....Engine 51....Man down.....no further details.....see the pool man at the gate....over and out......RAMPART we have a white male.....24 years old..... beginning IV drip and will transport"

(if you don't need to google search any of these phrases then you are, at minimum, over 35 yrs age)
I never missed an episode, great show, thanks for the flashback!
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #1540 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve View Post
Their hours of operation are during the day. What are they supposed to do make their staff work at night to accomodate you? Wait, don't answer that because I actually have a feeling you would probably say yes.
Well.......YES!! Then they could send someone over to my place to mow my lawn, and weed my garden. Come on.....give me a break.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #1541 (permalink)

I was able to get a couple of the boxes, but was pretty P.O.'d when the box I really wanted wasn't available to me because I had gotten a previous special. Dear Blowout, if you're going to limit people like that, tell us first, I would have NEVER ordered the Score Jumbo knowing it would prevent me from getting a box of Series 1 Jumbo Baseball. I appreciate the specials and all that you do for the community, all I ask is you lay down the rules first instead of making them up as you go.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:08 AM   #1542 (permalink)

I tried to buy enough that I could get free shipping, but the sight kept crashing. I ended up paying quite a bit in postage I believe. LOL

All in all, it was fun in the morning for about an hour. Once the sight kept crashing, I got bored with it, and it wasn't fun any more. I'm hoping this can be done again. Perhaps on 11/10/09. And if so, hopefully the server can be upgraded so crashing is at least minimized.

Congrats on the "most users on-line ever" yesterday.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #1543 (permalink)

Thank you Blowoutcards for having this special! I appreciate it.
iTHCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #1544 (permalink)

i wasn't able to get any, but it was still fun to watch!!
tman0895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #1545 (permalink)

I was able to get 3 boxes...had no problems at all, you just had to be fast....I dont really know why everyone is crying...I mean they didnt have to do it at all and of course you have to be fast as there is a limit per customer for every box....they cant have 500 boxes available just to pleasure everyone on this site, they would lose there a$$....and to the people that are complaining saying "well I couldnt get in on it because I was working"...thats not Blowouts fault....they do not have to run around your schedule..

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote