|10-04-2009, 08:45 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
NFL & Card Companys take on Breast Cancer
Game-Worn Jerseys, Cards Part of NFL Charity Effort
The NFL takes on breast cancer this month with special jerseys that will hit the collector market and some free cards.
The National Football League and its players will support October’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with several programs in and around game day.
Beginning this Sunday and continuing throughout the month, NFL Breast Cancer Awareness games will feature:
* Players wearing pink cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, helmet decals, captains’ patches, sideline towels and quarterback towels
* Pink sideline caps for coaches and sideline personnel and pink ribbon pins for coaches and team executives
* On-field pink ribbon stencils and Crucial Catch wall banners
* Pink goal post padding in end zones
* K-balls with pink ribbon decals
* Pink coins used for coin toss
* Crucial Catch pink rally towels for all fans attending Sunday Night and Monday Night Football games on October 4-5
Game-worn pink merchandise and K-balls will be autographed post-game and auctioned off at NFL Auction with proceeds benefitting the American Cancer Society and team charities.
In addition, members of the NFL Referees’ Association will donate a portion of their game pay to breast cancer charities in October. Their donations will total $24,000. Officials will don pink-accented caps and pins for games throughout October.
Trading card companies Panini, Topps, and Upper Deck will produce special pink trading cards featuring facts on breast cancer awareness; they will be available, free of charge with purchase, at stadium retail stores.
Game-Worn Jerseys, Cards Part of NFL Charity Effort | Sports Collecting News, Me#@-#@Sports Collectors Daily