Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
So post count should determine who gets these deals? I would think the regulars here would welcome new blood. These deals increase traffic to the site. I don't see how that can be anything but good. And just FYI....just because people do not post frequently does not mean they are not here as much, if not more than you are. Hopefully this didn't come off as being too rude. I just do not think anyone is more entitled than anyone else. And those kind of comments make people want to stay away. I am sure that Chris and Pat would prefer for their established members not to run away their new members.
Yeah, I have to agree with this... I don't post much but I have been buying from blowout since early 2006.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #327 (permalink)

Quote:
So post count should determine who gets these deals? I would think the regulars here would welcome new blood. These deals increase traffic to the site. I don't see how that can be anything but good. And just FYI....just because people do not post frequently does not mean they are not here as much, if not more than you are. Hopefully this didn't come off as being too rude. I just do not think anyone is more entitled than anyone else. And those kind of comments make people want to stay away. I am sure that Chris and Pat would prefer for their established members not to run away their new members.
You got to realize that it sucks for members who are always here buying, busting cases and contributing to the site and when the have promos like todays everyone comes out of nowhere and joins the site gets the deals and never show there face again. It is frustrating for the ones who are always here helping to keep this site moving forward.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #328 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek3 View Post
You got to realize that it sucks for members who are always here buying, busting cases and contributing to the site and when the have promos like todays everyone comes out of nowhere and joins the site gets the deals and never show there face again. It is frustrating for the ones who are always here helping to keep this site moving forward.
It's funny how buying cards sounds kind of like the rhetoric of politics!
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #329 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been a member for a week and I've bought now 13 boxes and posted 4 box breaks. If you take my average, I'm probably higher than most on this site. Just because I'm new (very new), doesn't mean I haven't contributed. Also, please check my box breaks, I've been waiting for comments. FYI, apparently I'm at the center of this though I don't know why. The forums are awesome and I can't wait to write up more box breaks and be an active member.
DeanTye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #330 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree, but there are always going to be a few take of advantage of situations. Its called the real world. It happens everywhere. But lets say for every one of these "blowout days" that it attracts 3 new members who stay and participate from here on out. Is it not worth it? Blowout needs more customers than just the few hundred on this message board, or they would not be able to survive, much less offer these kind of deals.
premium1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #331 (permalink)

alright enough drama how bout another baseball special! LOL
TheCardKid3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #332 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly. Almost 400 new members signed up on 9/9/09 for the deals.
I know several guys who bust multiple cases of alot of product that would provide so much info that would be useful to others, but they have bailed on this forum and bailed on Blowout as their supplier as well.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #333 (permalink)

well it just seems its funny how all these poeple come out of the woodwork and grab up all the deals, once the links get connected to other trade sites.

im not saying post counts should be used for members to get the deals. but when a member has a post count of 100 or less, 0 feedback and has been a member since 2007 what do you think? Im not stupid and others think the same thing

Quote:
Old 10-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #334 (permalink)

Quote:
You got to realize that it sucks for members who are always here buying, busting cases and contributing to the site and when the have promos like todays everyone comes out of nowhere and joins the site gets the deals
Yeah, it really sucks when your favorite merchant is offering rock-bottom prices, I mean, that's *terrible* isn't it?

Only the Chosen Few [self-selected of course] should benefit.

I mean, nothing frustrates me more when I go to Best Buy on Black Friday for the 1 $99 plasma TV they have on Special sale and there are like...dozens of people there ahead of me. Where did they come from?

I haven't gotten one of these deals either. So sad...
Old 10-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #335 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

non-sport! non-sport! non-sport!

I know I am in the minority but:

Old 10-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #336 (permalink)

One more baseball (Premier???) or basketball (SP Game Used) eh eh...
WizFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #337 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post

I'd love to have a non-sport!
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #338 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanTye View Post
I've been a member for a week and I've bought now 13 boxes and posted 4 box breaks. If you take my average, I'm probably higher than most on this site. Just because I'm new (very new), doesn't mean I haven't contributed. Also, please check my box breaks, I've been waiting for comments. FYI, apparently I'm at the center of this though I don't know why. The forums are awesome and I can't wait to write up more box breaks and be an active member.
I was in know way attacking you just defending the post and what i took from what was said. You can be the one of few that stay and contribute and that is great I believe it was a general statement on what we have seen and not a personal attact on you.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #339 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to wee111 Send a message via AIM to wee111 Send a message via MSN to wee111 Send a message via Yahoo to wee111 Send a message via Skype™ to wee111

Baseball baseball baseball!!!
wee111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #340 (permalink)

Default That would be nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post

I have a few non-sport boxes that would tempt me.

Vinny
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #341 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanTye View Post
Nah, I don't think you are at the middle of it. I haven't seen any of your breaks yet but will definitely look at them. I been here a little while but don't get to break as much as I would like but really like checking out the other breaks.
bubbyande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #342 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizFan View Post
One more baseball (Premier???) or basketball (SP Game Used) eh eh...
premeir would be nice but really anything... i mean i was in the process of buying bowmans best when paypal screwed me out of that great deal by blowout! PAYPAL EITHER NEEDS TO GET BETTER AT WHAT THEY DO OR JUST STOP ENTIRELY!
TheCardKid3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #343 (permalink)

C'mon Exquisite at $14.92!

s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/abcdefg12345678/
whitesoxfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #344 (permalink)

Quote:
I was in know way attacking you just defending the post and what i took from what was said. You can be the one of few that stay and contribute and that is great I believe it was a general statement on what we have seen and not a personal attact on you.
Fair enough. To be honest I agree with you to some extent, just had to defend my name! No hard feelings. Please check out my box breaks though, I do scans and all!
DeanTye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #345 (permalink)

What did I miss?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #346 (permalink)

Hey Pat. How many are left. By count on the 1st page. it's eighther 11 or 13
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #347 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxfan1 View Post
C'mon Exquisite at $14.92!
LOL. that would be insane
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #348 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
What did I miss?
Nothing, just a little frustration over getting a good deal today.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #349 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
well it just seems its funny how all these poeple come out of the woodwork and grab up all the deals, once the links get connected to other trade sites.

im not saying post counts should be used for members to get the deals. but when a member has a post count of 100 or less, 0 feedback and has been a member since 2007 what do you think? Im not stupid and others think the same thing

Exactly my point. You are saying you are more entitled than everyone else. If thats the way people want to be, thats fine. I am just saying you are only hurting blowout when you are talking like that. I'm done for the day. I need to let the more deserving people get these deals. Thank you for the specials today Chris/Pat. Some of us truely do appreciate it.
premium1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #350 (permalink)

Anyone know the experation on the 07 absolute redemptions?
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote