Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Message from Rittenhouse

Greetings from Rittenhouse!

Justice League of America Archives Trading Cards .We anticipate another sellout at 6,000 boxes (500 cases).

Also, please note that Spiderman Archives are on schedule for October 28th, and this may very well be the best collection of sketch cards we've ever assembled. Stargate Heroes Trading Cards are also on track for release on December 9th. Ratings and acclaim for the new Stargate Universe TV series are very strong.

Finally, please note that we will be launching our very first edition of LOST trading cards at the end of January. The show comes back on the air in mid-January, so LOST will be hot, hot, hot again. So far, we have signed on more than 50 (yes, fifty!) different autograph card signers from the show's first 5 seasons, and we are planning 3 autograph cards per box!
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh man, I can't believe I'm going to buy a box of Lost cards, but dammit I want a Hurley, Locke and Farraday auto!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Can someone tell me whether or not the Justice League cards will be any good? I used to watch the cartoon when I was a lot younger & thought this might be a fun break.
nephinfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
Greetings from Rittenhouse!

this may very well be the best collection of sketch cards we've ever assembled.

Gee, they have never said THAT before.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Gee, they have never said THAT before.
The quality on the whole is way better than Marvel Masterpieces. A smaller list of artists with a better shot at a really nice sketch.

BTW I did order some boxes of the Justice League. If the sketches are like DC Legacy I will be happy.

Last edited by ifish73; 10-16-2009 at 04:59 PM.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
Can someone tell me whether or not the Justice League cards will be any good? I used to watch the cartoon when I was a lot younger & thought this might be a fun break.
Check out Scoundrel Art Community :: Index . There is a forum just for this set. There should be some sample sketches that might get you interested. I believe that this might be one of the last DC sets from Rittenhouse and they have a good track record with their DC sets.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
The quality on the whole is way better than Marvel Masterpieces. A smaller list of artists with a better shot at a really nice sketch.
That's debatable, but even if I cede that point, the bottom line is Rittenhouse stuff always collapses in value more than any other non-sports company.
(And at a very alarming rate of speed.)
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
That's debatable, but even if I cede that point, the bottom line is Rittenhouse stuff always collapses in value more than any other non-sports company.
(And at a very alarming rate of speed.)
I would have to agree with you on value but I have been collecting the sketches from DC Legacy and they are pretty solid on the whole. Especially considering that they are all color, no 2 second pencil monkey sketch(Indiana Jones). With Marvel Masterpieces having so many artists and total sketches there are a ton that never top $10 on ebay. Since I am collecting them for myself without the intention of re-selling if the price drops I won't complain.

Also with the info saying that there are 39 artists and that there aren't any exclusives in the archive boxes it makes it easier for someone like me to collect one sketch from all of the artists.