Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default NHL UPPER DECK SERIES 1 HOCKEY Rookie Driven for Success.

NHL UPPER DECK SERIES 1 HOCKEY Rookie Driven for Success.

Message from UD:

One of the most-anticipated rookie classes in NHL history has arrived and 2009-10 Upper Deck Series One has it covered! From Islanders super-rookie John Tavares, to Colorado’s two-way sensation Matt Duchene, to Tampa Bay’s defenseman-extraordinaire Victor Hedman, this year’s Young Guns rookie subset is loaded with future hockey icons. Other standout RCs include 2009 Canadian World Junior Team standouts Evander Kane (Atlanta), Jamie Benn (Dallas) and Tyler Myers (Buffalo), as well as former first-round draft picks James Van Riemsdyk (Philadelphia), Erik Karlsson (Ottawa), and Michael Del Zotto (NY Rangers).

Coming this November, make sure you have an adequate supply to last this entire very exciting NHL season!
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I think BO should hand out a box or two to "make sure we have an adequate supply" for the season
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

I pre-ordered a case...should I hold onto it or break them open. I doubt I would sell any off right away, more to add to my pc and trade bait.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I guess a little bit of that answer depends upon who we get in the group break. If you get the Isles/Avs, you might be able to stow that case away and reap the benefits of the break into the PC.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I pre-ordered a case...should I hold onto it or break them open. I doubt I would sell any off right away, more to add to my pc and trade bait.
You- Sir, are braver than I....
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

10 cases for me.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
10 cases for me.
Only 2 or 3 for me. This should be a guaranteed money maker, even moreso than normal.
anusinha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Can't wait to see the feedback on these case-breakers lol..
Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
Can't wait to see the feedback on these case-breakers lol..
We get it. You have a heavy anti-UD bias. But on a rip-and-flip basis, UD products provide the best return of all the card companies. And it's not even close. Perhaps the joke is on you.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zammos1 View Post
We get it. You have a heavy anti-UD bias. But on a rip-and-flip basis, UD products provide the best return of all the card companies. And it's not even close. Perhaps the joke is on you.
Although if you want NHL cards it's not like you have a choice. It is sort of ironic that UD is best at the one sport they don't have to be since they have a monopoly on it.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zammos1 View Post
Negative ghostrider... I don't rip-and-flip and that is precisely why. Nice try though...
Old 10-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

So I went to my lcs to see if he was pre-selling any of the cases...he said he is getting his allotment of 2 cases and pre-selling boxes at $90/box. I told him I purchased a case at $650. He asked where was I getting it at that price..."ebay" and I said no I'm getting them from blowoutcards. Man that set him off...lol. He was ranting how he doesn't understand how blowout makes any $$$ and that he can make a huge profit of $1500 just from his 2 cases while blowout has to sell 100 cases to even make $4000.

I was kind of shocked to say the least. He also mentioned something about the other owner, not Chris, is opening up a brick and mortar store because that is where the $$$ is.

Well needless to say I told him I am getting my case at $650 and that is why I don't buy cases from him because he jacks up his prices to make a profit to pay for his expenses. Oh well...guess he knows where most of my $ goes to!
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

99.9% of shops don't like guys like blowout/dave & adams... they make so tough for shops to sell products.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #14 (permalink)

Understandably so.... thats because 50% of them shouldn't be in the business to begin with!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

i never ............... ever !!!!!!!!!!!! buy from the card shops anymore
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

It's the same song wherever you go....do you support your local mom and pop shop or go buy your stuff from Walmart. Local businesses are good to support from time to time as at one point they were an important part of the American dream. In this economy though, everyone needs to save what they can and this hobby/industry is no exception.

On the flip side, I heard on the radio this morning, that you can actually buy caskets from Walmart now so local funeral parlor directors beware....WMart now wants your money after you are dead.