Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Miles Austin cards are on Fire...

Here's a link to his highest priced cards currently on EBAY:

miles austin, great deals on Football on eBay!
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

this is making things very hard for a guy who has been collecting him since 2006.luckily I have every card of him except 1 parallel #'d to 10 and 1/1's
relrecmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Wow...hate to say it, but I think It would be time to flip! I think he's got the skills and speed, but I can't see them getting any higher minus maybe a SB MVP. 421 yrds and what 4 tds...maybe more..pretty hard to beat those stats!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah Austin was the best pick-up from last year. He has become the cowboys number one...he was put up the stats..not like R. Williams. I was so upset when the Cowboys made that move. Plus, I mean I knew Austin or even Hurd would do great if they had a chance.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I can't believe he doesn't have a chrome card!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would strongly consider selling your Miles Austin collection NOW - seriously - don't wait another day - put them all on Ebay and sell them - now hear me out - I understand you might be a big fan and have every one. But what better time to cash in on it. The reason to do this now is to be patient, and when he cools down - or think about the dead time in the offseason after the Super Bowl - you will be able to buy back I bet every one at half the price, maybe less. I just don't see him sustaining it. And yes I've picked him up and started him on a FF roster last week as a flex player.

I've just seen this so many times before - guy has a few hot weeks. What I keep wondering is where has this prouction been since 2006? I think it's great when people collect a player, I just think the sensible thing is to recognize a good opportunity to sell, knowing you can ALWAYS buy back later. Of course if you own a 1/1 or something that you are afraid you couldn't buy back, then keep it. And maybe making a profit doesn't interest you and that's ok as well.

I just agree w/ iluvfish2 - this is like a dream time to sell Miles Austin cards. The prices are insane for a guy that hasn't done much except for the last 2 weeks. Mabye I'm wrong and he goes for 100 yd games weekly. I do like it that after the big week, the coach backed him and said we need to get him more involved (think i read 50 snaps a game) - and like that he was giving the starting chance. Compare that to the very overrated Roy Williams - and how much they pay him for doing nothing.

I also think Roy Williams is a good example - he has had some nice years in the past w/ the Lions - and at one time I know he was hot - so just think if people sold Roy Williams at the peak. You could buy back now for pennies on the dollar. I am not saying Miles Austin will turn into Roy Williams, but I do have to believe one year from now, you'll be able to buy ever Miles Austin card for much much less - i'd bet 50% or less than what they are selling for this week.

There are certain players I like to hold on to, but I always keep my options open - because I know with Ebay and other outlets today, you can always find most cards again. Perfect example - Brett Favre - I've been a lifelong Packer fan - live close to Green Bay - and in 2007 during the big playoff push - in that week before the Pack/Giants game - I unloaded thousands of dollars in Favre cards - a bunch of 92 stadium club high series, 91 stadium clubs, all sorts of rookie card lots, as well as a few nice auto cards - that week was the absolute peak i saw for Favre's rookie/auto cards in a long time - of course he had moments w/ his first retirment, and have been some peaks over the last few years w/ Jets/Vikings comebacks - but I made a killing over those few playoff weeks, leading up to the NFC Champ game.

And over the last few years - I was able to buy back alot of those Favre cards I sold, most of them for about half what I received during that peak. Some alot cheaper, as in my area, it is hit or miss - some are totally disgusted w/ Favre and have dumped his cards real cheap (even nice RC's) - and others continue to root for him. I just wanted to share that story - as it applies to every collector - and not just this Miles Austin selling opportunity - but when a guy is hot - it's usually best to sell - knowing you can get it back cheaper as soon as a few months later.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and that story - I enjoy the card business and love to hold on to certain cards that mean something to me - but also always keep the business sense in mind, and if i have the opportunity to sell at an ideal time, it's just more money to buy more cards later! I find it fun to do as well - that's why I never try to get too attached to any card - if the price is right, I'll sell almost anything, if i beleive i can get it back cheaper at a later time.

Should be interesting to see how Miles Austin finishes the year - I wish him the best - good to see someone who makes "peanuts" in terms of NFL compensation work hard and produce. It's why I hate to see these guys get huge contracts - look at Greg Jennings - big contract, having one of his worst years -not saying he's not trying - but he sure looked to be working alot harder when he was after that big contract didn't he? Look at Larry Johnson, Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, etc - those guys make me sick - I think it's clear we are seeing that big money deals don't equal production.

Have a good day everyone!
FBGuy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice. Can't say I've ever heard of him though lol..
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGuy13 View Post
I would strongly consider selling your Miles Austin collection NOW - seriously - don't wait another day - put them all on Ebay and sell them - now hear me out - I understand you might be a big fan and have every one. But what better time to cash in on it. The reason to do this now is to be patient, and when he cools down - or think about the dead time in the offseason after the Super Bowl - you will be able to buy back I bet every one at half the price, maybe less. I just don't see him sustaining it. And yes I've picked him up and started him on a FF roster last week as a flex player.

I've just seen this so many times before - guy has a few hot weeks. What I keep wondering is where has this prouction been since 2006? I think it's great when people collect a player, I just think the sensible thing is to recognize a good opportunity to sell, knowing you can ALWAYS buy back later. Of course if you own a 1/1 or something that you are afraid you couldn't buy back, then keep it. And maybe making a profit doesn't interest you and that's ok as well.

I just agree w/ iluvfish2 - this is like a dream time to sell Miles Austin cards. The prices are insane for a guy that hasn't done much except for the last 2 weeks. Mabye I'm wrong and he goes for 100 yd games weekly. I do like it that after the big week, the coach backed him and said we need to get him more involved (think i read 50 snaps a game) - and like that he was giving the starting chance. Compare that to the very overrated Roy Williams - and how much they pay him for doing nothing.

I also think Roy Williams is a good example - he has had some nice years in the past w/ the Lions - and at one time I know he was hot - so just think if people sold Roy Williams at the peak. You could buy back now for pennies on the dollar. I am not saying Miles Austin will turn into Roy Williams, but I do have to believe one year from now, you'll be able to buy ever Miles Austin card for much much less - i'd bet 50% or less than what they are selling for this week.

There are certain players I like to hold on to, but I always keep my options open - because I know with Ebay and other outlets today, you can always find most cards again. Perfect example - Brett Favre - I've been a lifelong Packer fan - live close to Green Bay - and in 2007 during the big playoff push - in that week before the Pack/Giants game - I unloaded thousands of dollars in Favre cards - a bunch of 92 stadium club high series, 91 stadium clubs, all sorts of rookie card lots, as well as a few nice auto cards - that week was the absolute peak i saw for Favre's rookie/auto cards in a long time - of course he had moments w/ his first retirment, and have been some peaks over the last few years w/ Jets/Vikings comebacks - but I made a killing over those few playoff weeks, leading up to the NFC Champ game.

And over the last few years - I was able to buy back alot of those Favre cards I sold, most of them for about half what I received during that peak. Some alot cheaper, as in my area, it is hit or miss - some are totally disgusted w/ Favre and have dumped his cards real cheap (even nice RC's) - and others continue to root for him. I just wanted to share that story - as it applies to every collector - and not just this Miles Austin selling opportunity - but when a guy is hot - it's usually best to sell - knowing you can get it back cheaper as soon as a few months later.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and that story - I enjoy the card business and love to hold on to certain cards that mean something to me - but also always keep the business sense in mind, and if i have the opportunity to sell at an ideal time, it's just more money to buy more cards later! I find it fun to do as well - that's why I never try to get too attached to any card - if the price is right, I'll sell almost anything, if i beleive i can get it back cheaper at a later time.

Should be interesting to see how Miles Austin finishes the year - I wish him the best - good to see someone who makes "peanuts" in terms of NFL compensation work hard and produce. It's why I hate to see these guys get huge contracts - look at Greg Jennings - big contract, having one of his worst years -not saying he's not trying - but he sure looked to be working alot harder when he was after that big contract didn't he? Look at Larry Johnson, Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, etc - those guys make me sick - I think it's clear we are seeing that big money deals don't equal production.

Have a good day everyone!
I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Greg's down year has little if nothing to do with his effort, and much more to do with the Packers offensive line not giving Rodgers enough time to allow his receivers to run their deep routes -- that is Jennings' forte as seen in Week 1 against Chicago.