Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

well who knows when they will do football again. it would be realy nice if they would put out a heritage set this year. kind of go out with a bang. i would love a heritage set
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike barnes View Post
now we have

topps and ud for baseball
Was announced back in August that Topps would be the only baseball card manufacturer starting in 2010:

Quote:
In a move hoped to streamline and stimulate the trading-card market, Major League Baseball announced on Thursday an exclusive licensing arrangement with The Topps Company.
MLB announces exclusive deal with Topps | MLB.com: News

Seems all the sports are trying to get one exclusive company to make their cards.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

"The exclusive arrangement ends MLB's 30-year relationship with Upper Deck, the other main player in the market -- which retains licensing rights from the MLB Players Association. That enables Upper Deck to continue producing cards with players' images -- but team logos and such are out."

So in essence UD can still make playing cards with no logos, but Topps will not be able to with Football.

I like Topps best, except for SP Authentic. I hope this will be a short term thing.
oregonthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #29 (permalink)

SP Authentic is the only good product that Upper Deck has. Unlike gas or food, cards are not needed to survive (lol, sometimes it seems like we need them), I know people are going to always open new products but why not boycot buying anything but one or two items from a manufacturer. Maybe they will get the hint when their other products don't sell they should rethink their ideas. UD has the most overpriced stuff to value, that is why I only buy SP Authentic from them, atleast they have some value, and the cards are clean looking. Hopefully they do not disappoint in 09.

Not saying Topps doesnt have bad products as well just would think that after a while people would relize what boxes are worth breaking and stick with them year after year, and stay away from the gimmick products.
lildones is offline   Reply With Quote