Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default WalMart is now into the Sports Autographs business...

WalMart is now into the Sports Autographs business...
Autograph prices for superstars seem to be down a little bit this year. It's a trend we noticed at the National Sports Collectors Convention this year.

That's good news for collectors who can pick up some really nice signed photos for much less than it cost 2-3 years ago. Who are the top selling autographs and best-selling teams when it comes to signed items?

This isn't a scientific study, but one company that sells sigs for a living breaks it down like this:

Top Selling Teams
1. Dolphins
2. Packers
3. Yankees
4. Cowboys

Top Selling Players
1. Drew Brees
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Derek Jeter
5. Pete Rose

Rose 8x10s are less than $60 right now and even though he has signed a sea of autographs over the years, Bob Feller isn't going to be around forever. He's in his 90s now and you can buy a signed photo of one of the game's all-time greats--a guy who was playing in the 1930s, for cryin' out lout, for less than $30. I still think that's a nice buy--and a pretty nice Christmas gift for someone who's a big baseball fan but isn't necessarily a hardcore collector.

Football tip: Members of the '72 Dolphins like Larry Little and Mercury Morris are under 20 bucks. How about Ron Blomberg..the first-ever designated hitter. You can get a signed photo for less than ten.

See the rest of the list of popular players and check out prices at ProSportsMemorabilia.com.

You might recall our story a couple of months ago about a rather unusual entry into the signed sports collectibles business. A check online showed an amazing 5,000+ pieces of autographed sports memorabilia now available at Walmart.com. I'm curious to know how the online giant is doing with this new part of their booming online business.

Full article:

Most Popular Sports Autographs | Sports Collecting News, Memorabilia, Baseball C-Sports Collectors Daily
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

So are these at all Wal-Marts?
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Those are not sold directly by Walmart - a few months ago Walmart started allowing 3rd party sellers to list their items on Walmart.com (similar to what sites like Amazon have done for years). So the items are sold and orders are fulfilled by another company - not Walmart directly.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
Those are not sold directly by Walmart - a few months ago Walmart started allowing 3rd party sellers to list their items on Walmart.com (similar to what sites like Amazon have done for years). So the items are sold and orders are fulfilled by another company - not Walmart directly.
Thanks, so just got on walmart.com and auto's should be there? or is there some type of link on their website?
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Looked through the NBA ones, some Ok deals but many of them are overpriced for some of the players listed.
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote