Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bowman Black is Back!

Back in Black!

2013 Bowman Streets in just 7 Days and the buzz in the hobby has been immense for the launch. The Bowman team is proud to bring back an awesome insert that has quickly become a favorite among hobby collectors – The Bowman Black Collection!

Bowman Black is an exclusive set of autographed cards featuring the hottest subjects on asleek, all-black card. Baseball’s next stars such as Carlos Correa, Rio Ruiz and more each signed autos ON-CARD in beautiful silver ink! There are 25 subjects in all and each card is sequentially numbered to 25. This set is a MUST HAVE for any collection. Bowman Black will be in featured in all of the 2013 Bowman products.

Everything is always cooler in Black. On May 8th, Get in on the Ground Floor and Uncover Greatness with Bowman Black! Look for more pics on Twitter @toppscards and on facebook

blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

call me crazy, but all these releases, serial #'d or not, there are so many serial #'d auto cards, that the signature itself becomes more common with each release. Just my opinion. cool cards for sure, but I think there are just way to many releases, sets, etc. Which looking back in history for any hobby, when they start making every and anything cranking it out, yes the manufacturers make money here and now, but then the market is flooded with all these autographs. am I crazy?
harkandharold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Beautiful cards, but I find it ironic that even in Topps' pictures, they're chipped.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Beautiful cards, but I find it ironic that even in Topps' pictures, they're chipped.
Any suggestions to stop the chipping? Black border cards that are hand signed and packed out are very hard to prevent chipping on.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Any suggestions to stop the chipping? Black border cards that are hand signed and packed out are very hard to prevent chipping on.
maybe if they had them in penny sleeves inside the packs like Benchwarmers used to do with Kiss cards back in the day, so that the lipstick didn't smear hah

That way they wouldn't undergo so much wear from the handling of the product.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkandharold View Post
call me crazy, but all these releases, serial #'d or not, there are so many serial #'d auto cards, that the signature itself becomes more common with each release. Just my opinion. cool cards for sure, but I think there are just way to many releases, sets, etc. Which looking back in history for any hobby, when they start making every and anything cranking it out, yes the manufacturers make money here and now, but then the market is flooded with all these autographs. am I crazy?
Yes ... you are crazy
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobypenguin View Post
maybe if they had them in penny sleeves inside the packs like Benchwarmers used to do with Kiss cards back in the day, so that the lipstick didn't smear hah

That way they wouldn't undergo so much wear from the handling of the product.
It could work in something like Sterling, but in regular bowman people would be able to search the packs if one card is sleeved.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
It could work in something like Sterling, but in regular bowman people would be able to search the packs if one card is sleeved.
They already get searched.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote