Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Special Prizms Deliver Psychedelic Twist to Panini America’s 2013 Father’s Day Set

Special Prizms Deliver Psychedelic Twist to Panini America’s 2013 Father’s Day Set
May 13th 2013, 17:24

With Panini America’s 2013 Father’s Day promotion now just more than a month away, you can expect The Knight’s Lance to begin pulling the curtain back in a big way regarding everything we have in store for this year’s nationwide wrapper-redemption program. Last week we brought you a glimpse of the base and insert sets planned for the promotion. Today, things take a decided Prizm turn.
Whereas last year’s Father’s Day promotion intensified the hobby’s love affair with Cracked Ice, the 2013 edition should fan the flames of a futuristic new Prizm parallel that’s so cool it doesn’t really even have a name yet. Most of the people we’ve shown the cards to internally usually just call it “wicked” or “wow” or “sweet.”
By any name, the cards look phenomenal, as you’ll see for yourself in the preview gallery that follows.
The limited-edition 2013 Father’s Day Prizm Parallels will mirror many of the base Prizm cards from 2012 Prizm Baseball and the upcoming 2012-13 Rookie Anthology Hockey Prizm Preview cards. The big difference, aside from the enchanting special effects, is that the Father’s Day parallels will be limited to less than 30 of each card, providing a thrilling chase for collectors looking to complete their sets.
We’ve included a mouth-watering preview of what you can expect below. Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional information on Panini America’s 2013 Father’s Day promotion.

Special Prizms Deliver Psychedelic Twist to Panini America’s 2013 Father’s Day Set | The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looks like they slapped the Blue Wave layer on top. Looks cool.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos (Selling these off, lost count), Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.
adamt326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt326 View Post
Looks like they slapped the Blue Wave layer on top. Looks cool.
More like copied the Blue Wave layer haha, wonder what they are going to call it.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Why do these companies have to keep copying each other? Are they all out of new ideas?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Must have these. Can't wait. Wish the LCS would give them away like they are supposed to instead of selling them on eBay
matt4486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4486 View Post
Must have these. Can't wait. Wish the LCS would give them away like they are supposed to instead of selling them on eBay
Yea, unfortunetly my LCS makes it twice as hard as it should be to get these, so I don't participate either.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
XL5

Both of my LCS stick to the pack count and never sell on eBay. While it kind of sucks to go in there and drop $400 on product and only get one or two packs, I like it because it ensures that everyone gets a pack. I've been in there and guys that the owner has never seen before have come in for their free cards and actually complained when he sticks to the allotment. WTF, you come in for free cards and bitch when the guy doesn't give your freeloading ass 20 packs? Ugh.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

I guess the colors blue or red were unvailable !

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote