Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #751 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
Brian, thanks man. Found out this is the case this year.

Sucks for sure. I had plans on busting cases and plenty of loose boxes. Definitely not the case now.
Yeah I figured they would prob keep the same rules they put into place last year. On preview night there were people busting 5 10 15+ cases and getting thousands of packs, so the next day they made it 2 boxes.

Can't blame them, if they let everyone break cases and cases the packs would get super watered down and not be that desirable.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #752 (permalink)

It is a two box limit. However. There the line is dead right now. Was busy earlier.

Topps screwed up the platinum set. You do not get a 25 card set. The set is 100 cards and you get 25. Each card is numbered to 125. So you may or may not get puig.
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
It is a two box limit. However. There the line is dead right now. Was busy earlier.

Topps screwed up the platinum set. You do not get a 25 card set. The set is 100 cards and you get 25. Each card is numbered to 125. So you may or may not get puig.
so if I bring my 2 kids, we can do 6 boxes, right?
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #754 (permalink)

Hey guys I can only make it there sat but if someone could do me a huge favor if anyone comes across a 2012 Gypsy Queen penny relic of Matt Holliday please let me know and if I'm able to find it and buy it I will give you a 25.00 finders fee thanks Dan
bigdcardinals7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #755 (permalink)

Correct.

What is funny is that the guys at topps had no idea what they were handing out in regards to the platinum set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
so if I bring my 2 kids, we can do 6 boxes, right?
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #756 (permalink)

Hope all enjoying the show. Hope I will be able to pick up some of the Topps promotional items from those able to get more than one or looking to make a few bucks. Wish I could have gotten to Chicago. Maybe Cleveland next year. Make the most of it.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #757 (permalink)

Does anyone have any pics of the show?

.271 AVG 4 HR 47 RBI
metsandweezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #758 (permalink)
Banned

Anyone interested in a VIP pass for the rest of the show? Looking for $80 for it. We can meet outside the entrance. Thanks!
RefractorsEtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #759 (permalink)

today was the best day ever for me. I loved nationals
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #760 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
today was the best day ever for me. I loved nationals
It was awesome. So pumped for the rest of the week.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #761 (permalink)

aaahhh...a great 1st 1/2 day! picked up 63 diff-1966 Topps including Yaz & Marichal, a Lance Parrish Archives auto an a Hernan Perez auto for a friend. Got to meet a few nice board members as well.

only bummer was Panini subbing the 2nd VIP set in the Super VIP pack for some Football HOF Class of 2013 pack.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #762 (permalink)

The anticipation is killing me. My daughter and a few friends and I will be there Saturday. Would love to see some pics from those who already attended.
5toosweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #763 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5toosweet View Post
The anticipation is killing me. My daughter and a few friends and I will be there Saturday. Would love to see some pics from those who already attended.
I will take a bunch of pics tomorrow for you
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #764 (permalink)
Banned

Do you guys think selling my extra VIP pass outside the entrance to the Nat is ok?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #765 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefractorsEtc View Post
I will take a bunch of pics tomorrow for you
Thanks a bunch
5toosweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #766 (permalink)
Banned

If I purchase a gift certificate to use at the National tomorrow, would it be processed by tomorrow or would it stall until after the National?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #767 (permalink)

Anyone want my VIP Photo Op tickets? Selling for $5 each (have 4 Photo Op tickets), or trading for VIP auto tickets. We can meet somewhere at the show.

PM me, thanks!
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #768 (permalink)

What's the best option if I'm only going to attend on Friday and Sunday (damn you work) ...... Should I buy a VIP or just pay to get in each day? I like the extras that come with the VIP, I just don't know if it's worth the extra $$$ since I'm only going for 2 days. Also, I'm not going for any autos, just going to bust some product to get the promo giveaways.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #769 (permalink)

If anyone is looking to purchase wrapper redemption packs PM me. I have 200 left of my 500 VIP allotment
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #770 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy1313 View Post
What's the best option if I'm only going to attend on Friday and Sunday (damn you work) ...... Should I buy a VIP or just pay to get in each day? I like the extras that come with the VIP, I just don't know if it's worth the extra $$$ since I'm only going for 2 days. Also, I'm not going for any autos, just going to bust some product to get the promo giveaways.
Vip's are sold out

decision should be easy now lol
pittgrad0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 AM   #771 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
aaahhh...a great 1st 1/2 day! picked up 63 diff-1966 Topps including Yaz & Marichal, a Lance Parrish Archives auto an a Hernan Perez auto for a friend. Got to meet a few nice board members as well.

only bummer was Panini subbing the 2nd VIP set in the Super VIP pack for some Football HOF Class of 2013 pack.
Congrats on the nice pickups! The show is amazing!

I too was disappointed with the Panini VIP situation. I complained to the people running the Panini booth and the people who run the National and noone seemed to care. At least Panini is better than Topps.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:18 AM   #772 (permalink)

I have a Clemens any item ticket to sell. Pm me with offers. No lowballs please.
salty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #773 (permalink)

Also have a Steve Garvey any item ticket for sale.
salty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #774 (permalink)

I have to say that so far I am dissapointed with some aspects of the show this year compared to last year. They sold way too many All Access VIP passes and now you have to wait in long lines for your autographs which is the selling point for those tickets (that you don't have to wait in long lines). I got out of the Pappas line last night and immediately had to go into a holding pattern to get into the line for Mel Renfro. I can only imagine the nightmare it is going to be on Saturday when the idiots at TriStar scheduled 3 VIPs at the same time. Likeise the VIP reception was swamped and you had to get in line at least a half hour early to get Gooden or Anderson which meant I missed the food; which looked better than last year.

From the sounds of it, the Topps Redemption is a bust this year. I was going to try and get in line this morning for one of my Bowman Platinum boxes. Add to the fact that Topps did nothing for VIP members and they are proving to be worthless. I went by the booth last night to buy 6 boxes of the minis and was told I could only purchase 2. I busted them last night (except for 6 packs for redemptions). The first pack I opened was the steroid express - Colon, Braun, Cabrerra, and A-Rod. I got two memorabilia cards and no autos. I did sign up for the Topps Meet and Greet on Friday, so I think I will voice my opinion on their lack of appreciation for VIPs and crappy redemption then.

Since I missed out at the All Star FanFest, I immediately went to Steiner Sports and bought a game used Yankees base. I bought first base from the 1st and 2nd innings of the game against the Indians on June 03, 2013. It is awesome! A-Rod autographed jersey's are going for $140 which are cheaper than Machados. I offered the dealer $50 for the bum.
fulltritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #775 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post
I have to say that so far I am dissapointed with some aspects of the show this year compared to last year. They sold way too many All Access VIP passes and now you have to wait in long lines for your autographs which is the selling point for those tickets (that you don't have to wait in long lines). I got out of the Pappas line last night and immediately had to go into a holding pattern to get into the line for Mel Renfro. I can only imagine the nightmare it is going to be on Saturday when the idiots at TriStar scheduled 3 VIPs at the same time. Likeise the VIP reception was swamped and you had to get in line at least a half hour early to get Gooden or Anderson which meant I missed the food; which looked better than last year.

From the sounds of it, the Topps Redemption is a bust this year. I was going to try and get in line this morning for one of my Bowman Platinum boxes. Add to the fact that Topps did nothing for VIP members and they are proving to be worthless. I went by the booth last night to buy 6 boxes of the minis and was told I could only purchase 2. I busted them last night (except for 6 packs for redemptions). The first pack I opened was the steroid express - Colon, Braun, Cabrerra, and A-Rod. I got two memorabilia cards and no autos. I did sign up for the Topps Meet and Greet on Friday, so I think I will voice my opinion on their lack of appreciation for VIPs and crappy redemption then.

Since I missed out at the All Star FanFest, I immediately went to Steiner Sports and bought a game used Yankees base. I bought first base from the 1st and 2nd innings of the game against the Indians on June 03, 2013. It is awesome! A-Rod autographed jersey's are going for $140 which are cheaper than Machados. I offered the dealer $50 for the bum.
I agree with your opinion of the situation
pittgrad0214 is offline   Reply With Quote