|01-25-2010, 05:39 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Hunt Auctions is again partnering with NFL Auction
Hunt Auctions is again partnering with NFL Auction and NFL PLAYERS to produce The Super Bowl XLIV Live Auction in Miami.
The event will feature more than 280 football related items from both past and present stars ranging from Sammy Baugh to Brett Favre.
A portion of the proceeds from the auction will benefit charities designated by the NFL, NFL PLAYERS and participating NFL teams.
Highlighted items of this year’s auction include a Joe Namath New York Jets game-worn jersey from the 1970-73 era. The estimated value on the jersey is $20,000-$30,000. Online bidding is already underway with the current high bid as of Sunday night at nearly $21,000.
A game-worn Brett Favre Jets jersey from the 2008 season had topped $9900 and a Mark Sanchez rookie year jersey from a September game stood at over $9000 against a pre-sale estimate of $2,000-3,000.
Also being sold are:
- Sammy Baugh Washington Redskins professional model jersey dating from the 1940s ($20,000-$30,000 estimate).
- Norm Van Brocklin 1949 College All-Stars game-worn uniform and helmet ($10,000-$15,000)
· Kurt Warner Arizona Cardinals game-worn autographed jersey ($2,000-$3,000)
· 2009 AFC & NFC Championship Game kickoff footballs ($1,500-$2,500 each)
· 1972 Miami Dolphins team-signed football ($1,000-$1,500)
Hunt Auctions, Inc.
Super Bowl Auction Underway-Sports Collectors Daily