|01-26-2010, 01:59 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
TWITTER TUESDAY Special Just Posted..
2009 Donruss Elite Extra Baseball
Configuration: 20 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.
** UPDATE **
In each 20-box case, 16 of the boxes should yield six autographs
The other four are "hot boxes" and should yield 10 autographs and one mem card for a total of 11 hits
** UPDATE **
Pujols hand-signed 20 copies of his Elite Series card, and reportedly was amused at seeing the nearly 12-year-old image of himself decked out in his Fort Osage Indians jersey.
Highlights of the 150-card base set include:
- Cards of the first 18 players in the Autographed Rookies subset (card #'s 51-68) were sent out for on-card autographs - a first for EEE. Their parallel cards will be sticker autographs. "The intent was to make those players' on-card Autographed Rookies as valuable as possible," Payne said. "To do that, and keep enough autographs in the program, we opted to use stickers for the Turn of the Century parallels and for any inserts they may appear on."
- The first certified autographs of Aroldis Chapman - The 22-year-old lefthander and Cuban defector had not signed with a major league club at the time of the printing of EEE, so he is pictured in his Holguin uniform whom he played for in the Cuban National Series last year.
- Some 42 first-round or supplemental first-round picks have autographs in the set
Other highlights of the product:
- Pete Rose autographs and memorabilia cards
- Elite Series autographs, Back to the Future Signatures and Private Signings - autographed sweet spot baseball swatch material - make their debuts
- Throwback Threads - with, among others, an LSU Jared Mitchell jersey, a Brownwood (Texas) HS Shelby Miller jersey, a Mike Minor Braves jersey worn during the 2009 Arizona Fall League, an Arizona State Jason Kipnis jersey and a Millville (N.J.) HS jersey worn by Mike Trout
- Yes, there will be Hot Boxes
This product is Officially Licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC). All cards depict the players in either their college or high school uniform. All college shots fall under CLC license. NOT authorized by Major League Baseball or its members teams!
BOX BREAK (on average)
1 Aspirations Die-Cut
1 Elite Series
2 School Colors
2 College Ties
2 Other Inserts
CASE BREAK (on average)
LOOK FOR AUTOGRAPHS OF NO. 2 OVERALL PICK DUSTIN ACKLEY & NO. 3 OVERALL PICK DONAVAN TATE!
One hundred of the top 2009 draft picks and free agents have autographed cards as part of the base set!
BLACK STATUS SIGNATURES AUTOGRAPHED 1-OF-1 DIE-CUTS
One for each subject in the 150-card set!
Featuring an embroidered collegiate logo and an autograph from the likes of College World Series MVP Jared Mitchell, Dustin Ackley, Mike Minor and other top college players numbered to 250 or less!
Commons - 50 Cards
Autographed Rookies - 100 Cards
Collegiate Patches - 50 Cards
School Colors - 20 Cards
Black Status Signatures Die-Cut - 150 Cards
Gold Status Die-Cut- 150 Cards
Back To The Future Signatures - 40 Cards
Throwback Threads Prime - 25 Cards