Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Tiger says he'll play in Masters !

Tiger says he'll play in Masters

PALM HARBOR, Fla. -- Tiger Woods announced Tuesday that he is returning to golf at the Masters.

"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta," Woods said in a statement.

"The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it's been a while since I last played."

The Masters begins on April 8.

Woods has been on an indefinite leave from the game since a Nov. 27 crash outside his Florida home spawned revelations of marital infidelity. He has not played since Nov. 15, when he won the Australian Masters in Melbourne for his 82nd career victory.

"I have undergone almost two months of inpatient therapy and I am continuing my treatment," Woods said. "Although I'm returning to competition, I still have a lot of work to do in my personal life.

"When I finally got into a position to think about competitive golf again, it became apparent to me that the Masters would be the earliest I could play. I called both Joe Lewis and Arnold Palmer and expressed my regrets for not attending the Tavistock Cup and the Arnold Palmer Invitational. I again want to thank them both for their support and their understanding. Those are fantastic tournaments and I look forward to competing in them again.

"I would also like to thank the Augusta National members and staff for their support. I have deep appreciation for everything that they do to create a wonderful event for the benefit of the game."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4999991
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
Tiger says he'll play in Masters

PALM HARBOR, Fla. -- Tiger Woods announced Tuesday that he is returning to golf at the Masters.

"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta," Woods said in a statement.

"The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it's been a while since I last played."

The Masters begins on April 8.

Woods has been on an indefinite leave from the game since a Nov. 27 crash outside his Florida home spawned revelations of marital infidelity. He has not played since Nov. 15, when he won the Australian Masters in Melbourne for his 82nd career victory.

"I have undergone almost two months of inpatient therapy and I am continuing my treatment," Woods said. "Although I'm returning to competition, I still have a lot of work to do in my personal life.

"When I finally got into a position to think about competitive golf again, it became apparent to me that the Masters would be the earliest I could play. I called both Joe Lewis and Arnold Palmer and expressed my regrets for not attending the Tavistock Cup and the Arnold Palmer Invitational. I again want to thank them both for their support and their understanding. Those are fantastic tournaments and I look forward to competing in them again.

"I would also like to thank the Augusta National members and staff for their support. I have deep appreciation for everything that they do to create a wonderful event for the benefit of the game."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Tiger Woods is back: Return to golf to come at Masters - ESPN
Meaning " to protect my a$$ from all those bad mean people who will be harrasing me. " This will be the highest rated sports event ever... for the first day anyways.
mrknife79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm sure people have mixed views on this. On one hand, I love watching Tiger play in the majors. However, I don't really want to see/hear about the media circus that will likely go on with the Master's being Tiger's first event back. That sort of circus-like atmosphere, media-attention kinda takes away from the event that is the Master's IMO...
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
I'm sure people have mixed views on this. On one hand, I love watching Tiger play in the majors. However, I don't really want to see/hear about the media circus that will likely go on with the Master's being Tiger's first event back. That sort of circus-like atmosphere, media-attention kinda takes away from the event that is the Master's IMO...
Are you kidding me? Do you realize how well protected Augusta is? Do you realize how much money they have to spend on security, etc? Those TMZ people have not seen anything like they're about to see at Augusta.

This is the same group of people that told that women's group a few years ago that if they were going to protest advertisements or commercials or whatever it was, so the group at Augusta said fine, we just won't run any commercials for the entire tournament....and they did.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

The circus will come if/when he plays at a non-major. Augusta will keep the media and the meatball fan out of there to make sure they control the environment as good as they can.

The fan abuse,if any, will come if he plays at a regular tourney
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote