Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Upper Deck’s ‘Million Pack March for the Troops’ Donation Drive Revs Up!

Upper Deck’s ‘Million Pack March for the Troops’ Donation Drive Revs Up!

In partnership with ‘Operation Gratitude,’ Upper Deck will match donations pack-for-pack of any Upper Deck cards to U.S. military in combat

Carlsbad, CA (March 16, 2010) – Four months ago, appropriately revealed on Veterans’ Day, the Upper Deck Company announced that it was partnering with “Operation Gratitude,” a non-profit organization that sends 100,000-plus “care packages” annually to U.S. service members deployed in hostile regions across the world. On that date, Upper Deck launched its “Million Pack March for the Troops” campaign in an effort to send sealed packs of donated Upper Deck trading cards (sports and entertainment-based products) to U.S. military men and women deployed overseas. To date, a total of 100,000 sealed packs have been donated to the worthy cause. So, even with Upper Deck’s pack-for-pack match, the end goal of 1,000,000 donated packs by Veterans’ Day 2010 still requires plenty of charitable involvement from collectors everywhere.

“It’s an honor for us to partner with a dignified organization like Operation Gratitude,” said Chris Carlin, Upper Deck’s manager of Sports Marketing. “The brave U.S. military men and women serving overseas certainly deserve a well-needed distraction and we’ve heard from them that opening up a pack of trading cards can make them feel a little bit closer to home.”

To create additional awareness, Upper Deck will be hosting donation drives at major industry shows this year including the National Sports Collectors Convention in Baltimore in August while also working with its network of certified Upper Deck Diamond Dealers and hobby shops to establish donation drop-off points. The following link provides a breakdown of nearly 70 drop-off sites where collectors can show up in person to make their pack donations: http://www.upperdeck.com/millionpack/store_list.aspx.

In yet another effort to ignite participation and show just how dedicated it is to fulfilling its goal of one million donated packs, Upper Deck recently launched a website dedicated to the program with information on how to donate and why it’s such a worthy cause. The website is now live at www.millionpackmarch.com.

Collectors interested in donating via mail any of their sealed packs of Upper Deck trading cards can drop off packs at a donation center or send them to the following address: Operation Gratitude/California Army National Guard,

Attn. Upper Deck’s Million Pack Drive to Support the Troops, 17330 Victory Boulevard

Van Nuys, CA 91406.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've been tough on UD lately, but this is a nice thing for them to do. Plus, I'm sure they could use some good press right about now...
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

im deployed right now and if i got a few free packs of something that would be pretty sweet...no one else in my office would like them but i sure as hell would...thanks UD for once FTW
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote