Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Upper Deck Unveils ‘Prominent Cuts’ Set

Upper Deck Unveils ‘Prominent Cuts’ Set

Sports card leader packs plenty of unusual finds inside latest release; look for at least one cut signature card in every hobby box, on average!

Carlsbad, CA (March 23, 2010) – Smack dab in the middle of the Men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament, baseball’s spring training schedule and less than three weeks away from the start of the 2010 Masters and the return of Tiger Woods, Upper Deck has released its latest sought-after trading card set: Prominent Cuts. A real smorgasbord of red-hot collectible trading cards – autographs, Hollywood memorabilia and even cut signatures of diseased celebrities – Upper Deck’s Prominent Cuts provides the ultimate thrill in chase-card opportunities.

“Our ‘Prominent Cuts’ set provides some incredible finds for collectors,” said Jason Masherah, Upper Deck’s director of Sports Brands. “We’ve succeeded in putting together a pretty compelling lineup that includes autographs and cut signatures from well-known celebrities ranging from Colin Farrell, Christie Brinkley and Clint Eastwood to Doris Day, Bob Newhart and Angie Dickinson. And we’ve even included Hollywood History Material cards that feature swatches of clothing worn by the likes of Sammy Davis Jr., Greta Garbo and Bruce Lee.”

The 60-card base level set includes 22 politicians from JFK to Barack Obama; 26 sports icons from Michael Jordan to Randy Couture; and 12 celebrities, ranging from Kim Kardashian to Mickey Rourke. But it’s the phenomenal assortment of insert cards that will keep collectors coming back for more. In fact, rabid fans can look for premium-sized swatch and dual-piece memorabilia cards featuring items worn by the biggest names in Hollywood!

Beyond its base-level cards, the set’s inserts includes autograph cards in its “Cage Fighters Signature” collection from MMA superstars like Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture, as well as movie star memorabilia cards in its “Hollywood History” array from legends like Farrah Fawcett, Halle Berry and Patrick Swayze. And in its “Prominent Cut Signatures” collection, some lucky collectors will pull beauties from former U.S. Presidents like Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter and George H. Bush, as well as from historical figures like Sigmund Freud and Harriet Beecher Stow.

Upper Deck’s Prominent Cuts (four cards per pack, five packs per hobby display box) is currently on store shelves. Every box of Prominent Cuts will yield, on average, at least one cut signature card, two autograph cards and two Hollywood History memorabilia cards.

About Upper Deck

Upper Deck is the leading sports and entertainment trading card and collectibles company. For more information on Upper Deck and its products please visit The Upper Deck Company: Sports Trading Cards, Authentic Memorabilia, Sports Collectibles, & Entertainment Products.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

"diseased celebrities" LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackeyp View Post
"diseased celebrities" LOL
Or they could have used the quote "Deceased (from fame)"
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

A checklist would be nice UD.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
A checklist would be nice UD.

I looked at about ten pages worth of singles on Ebay, and to me, about 98% of the cards are junk. I saw one or two cards I would like to own, but Blowout would have to have a whale of a special for me to pick up a box of this product.

On a side note, why make a cut auto of someone that's alive? The only thing I can think of is filler material. Nice effort UD.
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well UD probably knew when they put "cut" in the title that fools like us would buy it. Buy some Hollywood materials for nothing, some garbage cuts from 8x10s and boom we have a $200 product card collectors will buy. Nice one UD
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

"Upper Deck Unveils ‘We Can Put Anything In A Box And Make A Buck’ Set"
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wait, isn't this stuff of Prominent cuts that just came out? is it another one?
FT base/inserts: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO - 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mharm2k6

This is the one that was just released a couple of weeks ago and was suppose to come out last year. (Hence why it's 2009 Prominent Cuts).