Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Moderator
 
blowoutcards2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,807
Default 2009 UD Prominent Cuts Hobby Box - $169.95 ON SALE 1 Day Only!

This is no April Fool's Joke!


*1 Day Only*

2009 UD Prominent Cuts Baseball Hobby Box for sale on our website - $169.95!


2009 UD Prominent Cuts Baseball Hobby Box - $169.95 ! 1 Day Only Sale!


Click here to see some of the best 2009 UD Prominent Cuts Baseball pulls to date!
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Still too much.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Still too much.
Agreed this product should be 90-110 per box
antthebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,730
Default

at $100-$120 a box I might snag a couple, but they really shot the pooch on the price point with this one. Too many Urkle autos
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
S.U.I.Z.I.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 2,553
Default

Even though $ 100 sounds VERY reasonable but the fact is there are some super hot cuts in the mix, people are still willing to pay $ 200 for it. If people are buying it for $ 200 why should they drop the price? I have to admit I didn't buy them because they were too expensive for me (over $ 200) but I grabbed 2 sale boxes for $ 170 each. Saved $ 60 which is a lot of money if you'll ask me.
__________________
FT base/inserts/hits: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures, 13/14 Titanium / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO, 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor, Marvel Universe 2014

Last edited by S.U.I.Z.I.D.; 04-04-2010 at 02:37 PM.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Jacquo1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post
Even though $ 100 sounds VERY reasonable but the fact is there are some super hot cuts in the mix, people are still willing to pay $ 200 for it. If people are buying it for $ 200 why should they drop the price? I have to admit I didn't buy them because they were too expensive for me (over $ 200) but I grabbed 2 sale boxes for $ 170 each. Saved $ 60 which is a lot of money if you'll ask me.
Still too much risk and not enough potential reward as far as I'm concerned.
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
S.U.I.Z.I.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 2,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquo1972 View Post
Still too much risk and not enough potential reward as far as I'm concerned.
Of course it's risk but not enough potential reward? I have to disagree, we all are looking for 1/1 super cut. That's all this stuff is about. What about people who are droppping $ 1,500 on a case of exquisite? There are MUCH less chances to hit hot 1/1 cut. With prominent cuts you have greater chance.
__________________
FT base/inserts/hits: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures, 13/14 Titanium / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO, 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor, Marvel Universe 2014
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,730
Default

Good point S.U.I.Z.I.D.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Highcheese4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,751
Default

should be FREE if its coming from UD lol..!
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Jacquo1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post
Of course it's risk but not enough potential reward? I have to disagree, we all are looking for 1/1 super cut. That's all this stuff is about. What about people who are droppping $ 1,500 on a case of exquisite? There are MUCH less chances to hit hot 1/1 cut. With prominent cuts you have greater chance.

I looked at the checklist and 98% of the cut autos are crap. Why make cut autos of people that are alive? I could potentially send the living members of that product an 8x10 and get their autograph on picture. Feel free to drop $170 on a box and tell me what you get for that cut auto of the guy that played Boba Fett. I think his card is numbered to 3.

As a side note, I'll never drop $500 for a box of Exquisite. Has the world gone crazy when boxes have a price point like that? I know people buy cases of the stuff, but I would rather take the money and hit the black jack table. Waaaaaay better odds there.

Last edited by Jacquo1972; 04-05-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
S.U.I.Z.I.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 2,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquo1972 View Post
I looked at the checklist and 98% of the cut autos are crap. Why make cut autos of people that are alive? I could potentially send the living members of that product an 8x10 and get their autograph on picture. Feel free to drop $170 on a box and tell me what you get for that cut auto of the guy that played Boba Fett. I think his card is numbered to 3.

As a side note, I'll never drop $500 for a box of Exquisite. Has the world gone crazy when boxes have a price point like that? I know people buy cases of the stuff, but I would rather take the money and hit the black jack table. Waaaaaay better odds there.
Having cards with autos of living people is not because it's a cool auto but because it's a part of the card series. People want these cards because they are "official cuts". I have many autos from many stars but they do not worth a lot because they are not "proved as authentic". Here is another story.

About buying boxes...It is ALL GAMBLE. Think of "breaking boxes" as scratch of lottery but no matter what you scratch off from the box you will WIN. You can win $ 10 worth of stuff or you can with $ 2,000 instantly. Nobody knows for sure BUT IT IS GUARANTEED PAY!!! (makes sense?) and just freaking fun to unwrap those packs with anticipation of unknown .

I probably will end with some /100 cuts tomorrow (couldn't pick up my package today) and it's all good. It's all part of the gamble. I'm taking a risk. I know what I'm doing.

Speaking of 21, I hit Atlantic City a few months ago, won 300 in 30 minutes and lost all that crap in 5 but this is different. This hobby is not just about making money. If you're buying boxes just to hit 1/1 hot cut and sell it right way, you're better off in Casino and make some money there. For me it's different.

Breaking boxes is "unofficial" gambling addiction. I'm loving it. Think this way, the money that you spent on boxes, consider these money GONE and breaking boxes for me is much more exciting then hitting some slot machines or play slow 21 which bores me to death. This is MY gambling "fix".

I'm breaking 2 boxes of cuts tomorrow. Check my results in NON-SPORT breakes tomorrow around 9 PM EST.

Sorry for the confusing rant.
__________________
FT base/inserts/hits: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures, 13/14 Titanium / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO, 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor, Marvel Universe 2014
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.