Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default South Bay Cards: A Message regarding Super Box Redemptions

We are looking to make more space and are in need of everyone with an outstanding Super Box redemption card to send them in Asap.

We will fill these redemptions instantly and send your collectible to you in the month of February. Please delist them from Ebay and send in all out standing redemption coupon cards promptly to:

Sbaycards
1751 Pacific Coast Hwy
Lomita, Ca 90717.

Thank you.
The team at Sbaycards and The Super Box.
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

What was the expiration date on these cards?
goldenegg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's all fine and dandy for them to ask, but they would probably get better results if they included a bonus for redeeming in February. They need to motivate people, not just ask for a favor.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

For some reason this does not suit well for me.
I like the fact that they want people to redeem so they can fulfill them(unlike Topps), but to tell people to delist them from eBay is no good to me.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

its nice they want to clear room for more stuff, but people can do what ever they want with their redemptions--seriously please delist??
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
its nice they want to clear room for more stuff, but people can do what ever they want with their redemptions--seriously please delist??
i agree with you but to play devils advocate, wouldn't it actually benefit the eBay seller to de-list then re-list a "live" item? (specially since they're guaranteeing a timely shipment). that would probably net them more value since people have such a negative viewpoint on redemptions. we consistently see that the live cards will sell better than redemptions for the exact same cards.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win4Vin View Post
i agree with you but to play devils advocate, wouldn't it actually benefit the eBay seller to de-list then re-list a "live" item?
Most people don't want to bother shipping bulky items like helmets, baseball bats, etc. Plus, shipping would be a whole lot more and would likely offset any actual "gain" in value.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

A "company" that buys back cards and sells them as grab bags, yet markets it as a real "product" is making unruly requests? Can't believe!!

-

"I was on a bus once, it was in the middle of the night, and I had a box of crackers and a can of Easy Cheese. It was dark, and it was a surprise how much cheese I had applied on each cracker. That's why they should have a glow-in-the-dark version of Easy Cheese. It's not like the product has any integrity to begin with. If you buy a room-temperature cheese that you squeeze out of a can, you probably won't get mad because it glows in the dark too."
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

Well, it is the SuckerBox.
NickM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Most people don't want to bother shipping bulky items like helmets, baseball bats, etc. Plus, shipping would be a whole lot more and would likely offset any actual "gain" in value.
This is actually a great point that I hadn't thought of. Especially since the redemption shows the exact item you'll receive, and there is no mystery to them that affects the live/redemption price differential.
GoClips! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Timely? Hell I hope it is faster than the stuff I redeemed. I was told they had it in stock and it would be shipped right away, 3 weeks later it showed up after two more calls including one where they said "oh yeah we forgot to ship that".

I have always thought it was better to stick with the best of line
jbittma1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

I got my item within a week after redeeming. I don't know how much it matters, but doesn't it say on the back of the redemptions "Redemption certificate cannot be bought, transferred, assigned, auctioned or sold."?
TBarn291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBarn291 View Post
I got my item within a week after redeeming. I don't know how much it matters, but doesn't it say on the back of the redemptions "Redemption certificate cannot be bought, transferred, assigned, auctioned or sold."?
That's unenforcable. It's probably just on there to scare people into redeeming.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
Well, it is the SuckerBox.
i'm a sucker for buyback products but this is seriously the worst product ever. i made the huge mistake of buying a case once and it was full of random 70's cards in bad condition.... the "hits" were low-end $5-$10 rookie cards in good condition.

never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
That's unenforcable. It's probably just on there to scare people into redeeming.
definitely.

and it's weird they would ask people to remove them from ebay and send them in.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

lol the basement is getting crowded.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote