Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I suprized that no one has commented on the fact that Lecacy has been dropped and at this point only UD Sweet Spot NCAA FB will be their only FB release this year!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbritt View Post
i hope panini releases a national treasures type product
Post of the month !!!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbraun View Post
Post of the month !!!
Oh, give him a break. He just joined a month ago or so.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #54 (permalink)

So glad to see UD gone from football, hate the company, never liked them, never will. Take your fake auto's elsewhere.
Breesfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #55 (permalink)

Do a lot of us NOT like UD? YES!

Do a lot of us still buy their products? YES! lol

I just got back into the card collecting hobby, mainly football. I was very excited for the 2010 stuff until i heard Topps was out. So I thought to myself, well I still have Panini. Then I find out UD is out. I should be happy right? Wrong.

Panini prestige has the same weak grey and white design it had last year and Donruss elite is just as bad. Now keep in mind I just got back into the hobby so I hope my next comment doesn't sound stupid but I'm not to thrilled about the price increase for the 2 products either.

I'm going back to baseball. Allen and Ginter looks awesome! I'm thinkin about getting a case!!
eluna25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #56 (permalink)

If this is the next step towards the end of UD, I think it is a good thing. There have clearly been some positives from them over the years, but there have been plenty of negatives as well......many of the recent ones too much to let slide. There seem to be a lot of comments about how competition will be lacking with only Topps or Panini in the game for the most part and neither of them really competing with each other for any sport. However, hopefully the possible end of UD will cause some other companies--either ones already in existance like Press Pass or someone brand new--to try to break into the world of cards with licenses. We just need the NBA, NFL and MLB to give a license to more than one company so we can see some of that potential innovation come to fruition.

Maybe there could be some sort of competition between companies that want a shot at a license. Produce some sample products and present a business plan to show that they can successfully produce X number of products over the course of a year. Release the samples to the general collecting community in some way and allow for a voting process of some sort to get what we really want/like. Probably a pipe dream, but it seems like there may be an opportunity for some real new blood to enter the game and it would be a shame to waste it.
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluna25 View Post
Do a lot of us NOT like UD? YES!

Do a lot of us still buy their products? YES! lol
I'm not guilty of this. I don't buy anything UD and I don't trade for anything UD.

I will miss Topps though.
Breesfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #58 (permalink)

Good RIDDANCE Upper Deck...! It couldn't have happened to a better guy too lol..

Upper Deck has and Always will SUCK!!!

Bring out new and more competent type competition instead!
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #59 (permalink)

I don't understand how people think it is good Upper deck is out of football. All panini has put out in football was some low end stuff that has looked ok at best. Their best product is there $500 a box stuff. Everything else seems to be low end. Their mid end limited was ok, but it didn't look much different than a lot of their other products. They need to vary the design for the cards instead of putting minor tweaks just so they can sell it at a higher price.
Lockdown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #60 (permalink)

sportscardsuncensored has a blog post reporting that UD has pushed back ALL forthcoming products across all sports and non-sports
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #61 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
sportscardsuncensored has a blog post reporting that UD has pushed back ALL forthcoming products across all sports and non-sports
I have 3 redemptions outstanding with UD and I just checked on them. All are listed as 'In stock - will ship soon.' How about everyone else? I am interested in this because if/when they declare bankruptcy, we're screwed.

(Roger Staubach auto-biography/Alex Mack Exquisite RC Auto and Tony Romo Chirography are my 3).

I am already chasing down older, on card autographs. Without UD around, there isn't anyone providing HOFer on card signatures anymore and I refuse to accept sticker 'autographs'. What a joke. Just ship 'em rolls of scotch tape and slap it on the crap designed by a 4th grade art class.
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #62 (permalink)

Upper deck deserves everything they get.....they have horrible customer service.....NHL and Upper Deck are made for each other. Both are dying......LOL No offense to hockey lovers........)
stfsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #63 (permalink)

Do those of you saying good riddance to UD say this because you don't like their cards or because you have issues with the people at UD or the return you get on your rips ? While I don't like McWiliam's shady way of loading his pockets and some of the issues they have had with products can anyone honestly say that they make nothing but horrible, valueless products across the board ? I sure as hell can't. I was talking to Nick (ND) tonight and we both agreed that UD has some of the nicest card designs going today. This doesn't mean you get value from every product or that everything they make is great but across the board, if you compare every brand design that every company makes, I think its hard to deny that UD has the highest percentage of card designs that people like.

I always liked Donruss Playoff because I thought they delivered the most value dollar for dollar, box for box across their product line BUT I think UD has more products that I like the design of over Panini and especially Topps. IF they go under the hobby will lose some of the best looking card designs going today. SPA, Exquisite, Ultimate and even base UD all have nice designs and photos and its a shame that McWilliam grossly mismanaged UD and ran them into the ground.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #64 (permalink)

If Panini was smart they would hire some of UD's designers. With so few products remaining (if any) at UD, some talented people could be looking for work.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
If Panini was smart they would hire some of UD's designers. With so few products remaining (if any) at UD, some talented people could be looking for work.
Thought of that Brad BUT can you imagine all the venom being spewed on here if Panini started coming out with cards that resembled old UD designs.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #66 (permalink)

I suppose it's fairly easy to make nice looking cards if you steal someone else's design and counterfeit them. I also suppose it's fairly easy to make nice looking memorabilia cards if you use fake vintage memorabilia. My first point has already been proven. The second one is probably coming.

I won't deny that upper deck made awesome looking cards. I just question if those cards are actually real or not. Like Bambam said, it's a shame. It's truly sad for the hobby.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I suppose it's fairly easy to make nice looking cards if you steal someone else's design and counterfeit them. I also suppose it's fairly easy to make nice looking memorabilia cards if you use fake vintage memorabilia. My first point has already been proven. The second one is probably coming.

I won't deny that upper deck made awesome looking cards. I just question if those cards are actually real or not. Like Bambam said, it's a shame. It's truly sad for the hobby.
Correct. Nice card designs and such hardly matter at all...esp if all you have are counterfeits, damaged product in every pack, PLUS crappy customer service....all that adds up to CRAP IMO! Nobody should spend their hard earned money on fake #@#@#@#@. Real sad~!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
hey mswift,
how do you even act like ud has good customer service? Anyone on here will tell you ud has the worst customer service of all time. Its not even a close comparison. Im hoping you were being sarcastic but your love for ud in other posts says otherwise. Nothing like opening high dollar products, pulling redemptions and never getting the cards. Then you call this wonderful company called upper deck and they lie and cheat you for another year or two and you never get the card. Sounds great. Later dick mcwilliam, we wont miss ya.

cause i have dealt with topps and ud both and i know for sure ud has better customer service and i have faith in that my 100 plus redemptions will get replaced or filled
with someone that spends 6 digits in busting ud product yearly
i am happy to support upper deck and will not bust any of the new bread company product(to get sticker autos or spudd webbs auto like topps give out as a replacement)
mswift69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:16 AM   #69 (permalink)

Its good to see one person on here supports UDs customer service. If your breaking over 100k in product a year from UD then they should treat their biggest sucker quite well. If I were UD Id certainly replace redemptions a tad quicker for the goof spending that kinda money on junk while we laugh his butt out the door. 6 figures to watch the big hits go to Asia? Better your money than mine.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #70 (permalink)

I wish my customer service experience was a good experience with UD I have many redemptions from 1-2 years ago some are 1/1's I would really like fulfilled and I just busted 17 cases of 09-10 UD Basketball and 2 more cases on the way and have a tone of damaged jersey and auto cards, but I am afraid to send them in due to I am still waiting on 12 cards damaged in my case of 09 Ultimate Baseball they still havent replaced that took them forever to get a case number for me for those. I tried calling UD yesterday and their CS phones did not work and I was on hold for 48 minutes using their Authentic Line.
ajmcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #71 (permalink)

But I have to say I really like Upper Deck and wish / hope they stay around.
ajmcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #72 (permalink)

Wow, yet another person who thinks UDs customer service sucks. Other than Swift Im not seeing too many claiming they have great CS.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #73 (permalink)

I finally had it with UD after I had to report them to the BBB over a stinking RUDY CARPENTER auto!
kejola1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #74 (permalink)

Good one aholes i am friends with the owner.
donfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfranco View Post
Good one aholes i am friends with the owner.
haha good one indeed!.....so whaddaya want...A COOKIE!?!?!