Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Companies prepare promo cards for 2014 Industry Summit

Companies prepare promo cards for 2014 Industry Summit

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor
The four-day 2014 Industry Summit begins on Sunday with dealers, card companies, distributors and licensors heading to Las Vegas to discuss the hobby.
There are seminars and breakout sessions and meetings. This is a chance for companies to explain what they plan on doing over the next few months, giving dealers a preview of what’s to come.
But one of the biggest things people get out of the Industry Summit is swag. Dealers get promo cards and items from different companies. Many of these items carry a premium and dealers can sell them to recoup the cost of going to the Summit or throw it in their collection.

Here’s a look at what several companies plan on giving out during the 2014 Industry Summit:
Press Pass
The 2014 NFL Draft is a bit more exciting than last year. Press Pass is capitalizing on the hype surrounding several players to create promos of prospects including Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles.
Upper Deck
Upper Deck continues its 25th anniversary celebration. The company kicked off the festivities recently and has been promoting 25 years in the business.
Those heading to the Industry Summit can expect more of the same. UD will preview upcoming items such as World War I artifacts that will be inserted in 2014 Goodwin Champions Museum Collection.
Diamond Dealers will get the opportunity to check out new products at the exclusive meeting, and get a special 25th anniversary packs that could include rare autographs from athletes who played a significant role in UD’s 25 years such as Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretzky and Ken Griffey Jr. Some packs will also have redemption cards for Upper Deck Authenticated items.
They can also bring expired redemptions to be used in a raffle Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.
The first 100 Diamond Dealers that visit the Upper Deck booth will get a 25th anniversary t-shirt.
Panini America
Many people leave the Industry Summit talking about Panini’s Black Boxes. These boxes include rare 1-of-1 cards that feature memorabilia or autographs. The boxes will also include 2013 Select Football Green Prizm parallel cards, limited to just 15 copies each.
Show goers will also get a shamrock green Rated Rookie t-shirt in their swag bag when they get to the Industry Summit.
Susan Lulgjuraj is an editor at Beckett Media. You can email her here with questions, comments or ideas. Follow her on Twitter here. Follow Beckett Media on Facebook and Twitter.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

wait press pass gets to go but no itg or leaf ?

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

So they have an "Industry Summit" but keep some companies out, not a true Industry Summit if you ask me. The sad thing is that dealers will look the other way because they are getting these freebies they can sell. Not sure why this quote is included, "dealers can sell them to recoup the cost of going to the Summit". Any dealer attending the summit can write off a portion of their cost to attend on their taxes right?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Summit, by definition, is a joke if they're going to pick and choose who gets to go while making dealers have to pay to be there.

Somebody in charge should be embarrassed by what is taking place.

If I'm a dealer that wants to go and am required to pay hard-earned money to be there, I want to see all aspects of the "INDUSTRY". Not only be allowed to see what someone else chooses for me to see. I can make my own decisions.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't think I have a single Press Pass card in my collection.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

FOR SOME REASON THAT SUMMIT LOGO ON THE PRESS PASS REMINDS ME OF THIS LOGO

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote