Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Tim Tebow not attending NFL draft

Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow will not be attending Thursday's NFL draft, his agent Jimmy Sexton confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Sexton said Tebow's draft stock had nothing to do with decision and that Tebow has "too many family and friends that he wants to share the (draft) experience with" in Jacksonville.

The league was great," Sexton said. "They were willing to help us. It just became virtually impossible with such a big group."

Many speculated on whether Tebow's NFL draft attendance hinged on whether he would secure a first-round selection. Analysts have Tebow going anywhere from the late first round to the third round.

Now Tebow can enjoy the draft in a relaxed atmosphere, though cameras will still be documenting his every move. The NFL Network will be present at the Tebow household, according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

Maybe Tebow would have found first-round luck in New York if even his biggest critics are predicting him to fall in the first round. ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that Tebow will go No. 30 to the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings coach Brad Childress worked out Tebow individually. Also potential suitors for Tebow include the Denver Broncos, Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Tim Tebow NFL draft: Tim Tebow not attending NFL draft - OrlandoSentinel.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft1...ory?id=5121425

Last edited by blowoutcards; 04-21-2010 at 10:57 AM.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

smart man, since it sounds like he would be sitting there forever.... probably the smartest thing we have heard about tebow yet.
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's no big secret that he's not likely to go in the 1st round and it could be until the 3rd or so until he's drafted. It was embarrassing enough watching Brady Quinn a few years ago and he went in the 1st. Tebow will be a better QB in the NFL than Bradford, mark it!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxDestroyer View Post
It's no big secret that he's not likely to go in the 1st round and it could be until the 3rd or so until he's drafted. It was embarrassing enough watching Brady Quinn a few years ago and he went in the 1st. Tebow will be a better QB in the NFL than Bradford, mark it!
What about Aaron Rodgers? Oh wait... I am 100% okay with that
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that Tebow will go No. 30 to the Minnesota Vikings.
I'm a huge Tebow fan but even I know that no team is crazy enough to take him as their first round pick. I wouldn't mind seeing it though. I bet it would be the biggest mixed reaction ever of cheers, boos and confusion. lol Whatever his draft spot is, I wish him the best.
eluna25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Teams have drafted crazy before, see Darrius Heyward-Bey
bcbsmartass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Bradford won't be a good QB. Tebow won't even be a QB in 5 years. MARK THAT.
WhoStoleMyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Tebow will go in the 1st Rd. Buffalo will take him. Mark it down!

Its going to go like this(QB wise):
Bradford,Clausen,McCoy,Tebow

ALL IN 1ST ROUND!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Do the players sign any cards at the draft? I know last year Panini had some draft day worn jerseys and caps in at least one of their products, but I don't know if they sign like they do for the NBA.

I'm sure Panini wished he would attend for that reason alone. They could throw some event-used stuff in an early product to get the overpaying Tebow fans excited for the early stuff.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Do the players sign any cards at the draft? I know last year Panini had some draft day worn jerseys and caps in at least one of their products, but I don't know if they sign like they do for the NBA.

I'm sure Panini wished he would attend for that reason alone. They could throw some event-used stuff in an early product to get the overpaying Tebow fans excited for the early stuff.
I'm sure Panini will be at his house with a box full of jerseys asking him to change every 10 minutes. YEah for event used crap. I don't even know what the point is in event used, might as well just be manufactured, it has no additional value being event used. Anyway this is about Tebow not Panini. I Don't think this is a smart move. Says to me "I don't really care if I get drafted or not." Why would I draft someone who doesn't care? I wouldn't.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Tebow will go in the 1st Rd. Buffalo will take him. Mark it down!

Its going to go like this(QB wise):
Bradford,Clausen,McCoy,Tebow

ALL IN 1ST ROUND!
I just had to quote this.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluna25 View Post
I'm a huge Tebow fan but even I know that no team is crazy enough to take him as their first round pick.
you don't know what you're talking about, he's going in the first round, mark it!

Your Tebow denials are funny. The greatest college football player of all time and you can't wrap your head around the fact that he's going in the 1st round, astounding!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
you don't know what you're talking about, he's going in the first round, mark it!

Your Tebow denials are funny. The greatest college football player of all time and you can't wrap your head around the fact that he's going in the 1st round, astounding!!
im a die hard gators fan in football BUT there is no way that he will go in the first round except maybe to the raiders just because of who is running the show there lol...........anyways my guess is in the 2nd to the Bills but he shouldnt be before the 3rd round IMO....too much more talent out there to waste a pick on him...
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

a wasted pick is Bradford w/ #1, taking Tebow as the #2 overall pick would be smarter than that IMO
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

Who wouldn't want a QB with bad mechanics?
tgittings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

crickets....

Last edited by WaxDestroyer; 04-22-2010 at 11:37 PM.
WaxDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
The greatest college football player of all time and you can't wrap your head around the fact that he's going in the 1st round, astounding!!
that's one hell of a quote if I must say so myself!