Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Topps Football: Tell Us What You Think. You Could Win Something!

Topps Football: Tell Us What You Think. You Could Win Something!

Now that Topps is officially back in the football business, we’re very hard at work trying to get all of our products ready in time for the season. However, we don’t want to leave you, the fan, out of the process. We put together 5 questions that we’d like to have your input on. But that’s not all there is to it. There will be prizes! Everyone who takes the time to answer these questions will be entered into a random drawing for the following:

One Grand Prize: Hobby Box of 2009 Topps Triple Threads Football

Two Runners Up: Hobby Box of 2009 Topps Football

Here’s how it’s going to work: Anyone can participate. Post your answers to all 5 of the questions in the comments section of this post. If you are a blogger and would like to use the questions in a post for your website, feel free to simply post a link to your reponses. That will count. One entry per person, please. Posting multiple times will automatically disqualify you. Interact with each other as much as you want in the comments section, but only comments containing answers to the 5 questions will be entered in the drawing. You have until 12:00 pm eastern time on Monday, May 10th to get your responses in. We’ll hold the drawing and announce the winner right here later that day. Click here to read our terms and conditions for contests and giveaways. Now, without further ado, the questions:

1. What products from our previous Topps football lines would you like to see us continue or bring back?
2. What new products or ideas would you like to see?
3. Which 2010 NFL Rookies would you like to see us sign to autograph deals?
4. Regarding our products calendar, which releases would you like to see early in the season, late, etc?
5. Are there any NFL-related themes, anniversaries, celebrations, etc. you’d like to see featured in our 2010 products?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these questions for us. We want your voice to be heard as we plan for and produce our football products this year. And of course you might win something in the process. Good luck and thanks again!

Topps Football: Tell Us What You Think. You Could Win Something! |The Topps Blog
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Survey says

1. What products from our previous Topps football lines would you like to see us continue or bring back?

Topps Chrome! My absolute favorite.

2. What new products or ideas would you like to see? Would like to see an insert of GU stuff (auto or no) that says the actual game the jersey was used in!

CJ Spiller, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Dez Bryant

4. Regarding our products calendar, which releases would you like to see early in the season, late, etc? I like the set up now with more expensive stuff later but maybe have a mid level (3-5$ pack) along with the uber-expensive releases such as triple threads

5. Are there any NFL-related themes, anniversaries, celebrations, etc. you’d like to see featured in our 2010 products? Celebration of the Saints Super Bowl win maybe tied to Katrina somehow

thanks!
Jason Martin
jmartin@lindenhs.org
bubblegumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Triple Threads is your best box break, and I am glad to know it is coming back.

I would love to see more oncard autos, and no more sticker on patch autos.

Bills O-lineman Wang

4. Regarding our products calendar, which releases would you like to see early in the season, late, etc?
Just dont release anything after the superbowl, and you will be fine.

5. Are there any NFL-related themes, anniversaries, celebrations, etc. you’d like to see featured in our 2010 products?
I want a card with all 5 O-lineman on the card. Maybe even have it autographed. Or jerseys.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Great ideas..but you guys release this is a blog so without inputting it direct through Topps Blog you'll get no credit, right?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Topps Chrome is a must! It is my favorite product of each year. Topps Platinum was also a big hit, and I would like to see that again, or a variation of it.

I would like to see more serial numbered insert sets throughout topps products inaddition to the base card variations (refractors, etc.), similar to sets from the late 90's and early 2000's.

In addition to the "hyped up" rookies, (tebow, Bradford, Colt McCoy, etc..) I would like to see some of the later round skill position players sign. Mike Kafka, Charles Scott (Eagles fan here).

I would like to see topps and topps chrome early in the season. It is a highly collected product for set chasers, such as myself. The "big hit" products like Triple Threads should be released mid to late in the season (November-December). Stay away from post-season product releases.

I would like to see cards highlighting major events from the past season or off season such as records being broken or milestones being reached (Chris Johnson 2000 yards, Brandon Marshall Receptions Record). I think it would also be a cool idea to highlight major trades or off season additions to teams with a dual jersey/auto card (A card of Donovan Mcnabb to the redskins with a piece of Eagles jersey and Redskins Jersey on it would be a cool card).

Thanks
Aaron

aaronrp2@gmail.com

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Topps Chrome is always great. I loved the Finest this past year.

On card autographs!! I loved the past/present day concept where you match up a player from the past (College and Pro) with a rookie (current star) and have autos and jerseys from that group.

3. Which 2010 NFL Rookies would you like to see us sign to autograph deals? None. Exclusive autos suck!

4. Regarding our products calendar, which releases would you like to see early in the season, late, etc? More higher end products early to mid season because if the rookies get hot mid season, that is usually the peak $$ if you are looking to sell. By the end of the year, they aren't in high demand.

5. Are there any NFL-related themes, anniversaries, celebrations, etc. you’d like to see featured in our 2010 products? Super Bowl in Dallas.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

1. What products from our previous Topps football lines would you like to see us continue or bring back? chrome, GOLD LABEL, CARD WITH NEW TECHNOLGY
2. What new products or ideas would you like to see? ON CARD AUTOS, MEANINGFUL NON MEMO INSERTS THAT DO NOT FALL EVERY COUPLE OF PACKS (HARD TO PULL LIKE 1 PER CASE)
3. Which 2010 NFL Rookies would you like to see us sign to autograph deals? NONE OF THE O LINEMEN OR UNDRAFTED ROOKIES
4. Regarding our products calendar, which releases would you like to see early in the season, late, etc? TOPPS CHROME AROUND THE START OF THE SEASON BOWMAN CHROME TO END
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to imthegrinch Send a message via Yahoo to imthegrinch

1. What products from our previous Topps football lines would you like to see us continue or bring back? topps,bowman,topps total,topps chrome,and topps gold label
2. What new products or ideas would you like to see? maybe a pack version of etopps?
3. Which 2010 NFL Rookies would you like to see us sign to autograph deals? any of them really
4. Regarding our products calendar, which releases would you like to see early in the season, late, etc? topps first along with 1 high end then alternate low and high end and finish with the big dog.
5. Are there any NFL-related themes, anniversaries, celebrations, etc. you’d like to see featured in our 2010 products? maybe a game used set featuring only throwback uniforms or some kind of monday night football set with gu and autos.
imthegrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Topps Chrome

On-card autographs & not so many relic cards. It should be special once again to get a relic card. Themed relics could do well, also.

Sam Bradford, Suh, Tebow, Dez Bryant, Claussen, McCoy

Topps Chrome should be out earlier.

I would like to continue to see the Hall of Fame Class Autograph cards.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Great ideas..but you guys release this is a blog so without inputting it direct through Topps Blog you'll get no credit, right?
I'll take "No credit given" for $500 Alex.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Realize.....Release....whats the difference!

I agree with you Robert and RJF,

this board is full dee-da-deees.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Realize.....Release....whats the difference!

I agree with you Robert and RJF,

this board is full dee-da-deees.
or....you could fill it out on since it's easier to copy the questions, then just copy and paste it to the blog....dee da deeee

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

I think I was the only one that put Topps Turkey Red as a set to bring back. And why for this Q?

What products from our previous Topps football lines would you like to see us continue or bring back? Everyone put Topps,Topps Chrome,Bowman,Bowman Chrome Like they going to get rid of their Top sets. I do like the idea of Topps Gold Label

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Topps Triple Threads
Topps Chrome
Topps Finest

Topps Tribute Football
I also want to see Topps get rid of print plates, they should have a redemption redeemable for all 4 plates along with an autographed version of the finished product

Joe Mcknight, Tim Tebow, Kyle Wilson

Topps Chrome Early
Topps Triple Threads mid-late season

Draft Class insert sets would be cool
Also Hall Of Fame autographs would be nice
Old 05-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default I would have to say this is a dead subject they already have the winners

They already have winners on topps blog
Old 05-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

CHROME!!!! one of my Fav products to open

A Legends and HOF set that has no rookies
Companies actually put a picture on the back of the card of the Jersey, shoe ext...
I like the fun variations Topps Baseball has in there sets. Lets bring those to FB.

TEBOW!!!!

No more High end product at the end of the season. I would also make Topps Chrome one of the 1st sets released. Makes it easier for us set builders.

More multi player Gu or Auto cards that are build around teams. Or at least make the multi player cards make sense why they are all on one card.
A set with current players along with there heros while they were kids.

I know its over already but still what I would like to see.
Drake1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

So we are all in agreeance, you are supposed to post of Topps blog just like the link indicates. And yet people are still posting their answers here?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote