Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Message From Topps: CONFIRMATION OF STRASBURG’S ALLEN & GINTER CARD

CONFIRMATION OF STRASBURG’S ALLEN & GINTER CARD

Topps is confirming that Stephen Strasburg’s Allen & Ginter base mini card (# 401) falls at the same rate as any one base mini card in the product. The difference between Strasburg and the other subjects in the base mini set is that Strasburg’s card does not have any parallels (Allen & Ginter Back, Black Bordered, No Number, Bazooka Back, Silk, Wood and Printing Plate).

In addition, there are a limited number of Strasburg autographed cards available in the product. They can be found via redemption and one (along with a copy of every other autograph in 2010 Allen & Ginter) will be given to the person who cracks this year’s Ginter Code.

Strasburg’s base mini card and autographed card can be found in both hobby and retail boxes.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Did they send that can response to Brent?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

That is hard for me to believe considering Brent probably has 2 base non-paralleled mini sets at a minimum with ZERO Strasburgs.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

After all the breaks on here, I think that statement is pretty much impossible. Topps did make the card #401, which I would think would be more rare than any other mini. From the looks of it, the card is probably a super short print.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
That is hard for me to believe considering Brent probably has 2 base non-paralleled mini sets at a minimum with ZERO Strasburgs.
Exactly, Im calling BS on that too
Chrisdg19006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'd agree with the already proposed theory that the early distributor cases did not contain ANY Strasburg cards. Better hit up your LCS if you want a chance at pulling one.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
i have 10 mini sets 1-350 after 25 cases
i am pissed
this is not what they said yesterday
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

yup i think your right ohiomike!!!

did anyone notice since the 2010 bowman being bought out at meijers and target,ectt..

know they have stickers on some of there blasters and packs and the stickersw say \ you may find stephen strasburg in this pack or box/
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'd call them. If you can prove the purchases of the 25 cases, I bet they'll do something for you here. They seem to be pretty decent regarding manf. f'ups.

What's the "ginter code"?
Old 07-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh, btw. I have a degree in applied mathematics with a focus on cryptography and combinatorics -- so if they want the testimony of an 'expert' that they're full of BS, let me know and I'll put it in writing.

The odds of this happening is pretty absurd, given the number of packs per box and boxes per case. I haven't seen an actual pack, but if someone can provide the odds/pack of a mini base I can compute the factorial.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaslo View Post
Oh, btw. I have a degree in applied mathematics with a focus on cryptography and combinatorics
does that mean you're a secret squirrel?

i'd be surprised if you weren't.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
does that mean you're a secret squirrel?

i'd be surprised if you weren't.
nevermind. i just saw your location.

CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd call them. If you can prove the purchases of the 25 cases, I bet they'll do something for you here. They seem to be pretty decent regarding manf. f'ups.

you may not have seen the other posts or twitter, but THEY called me
and won't do a thing, and said it was bad luck

they know i bought the cases, they know me
they see the twitter pics (brentandbecca) they see the ebay auctions
they know
Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:

This is funny. So because he bought a bunch of cases, they should give him a prize?! LOL, that's a good one!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Oh, btw. I have a degree in applied mathematics with a focus on cryptography and combinatorics -- so if they want the testimony of an 'expert' that they're full of BS, let me know and I'll put it in writing.

The odds of this happening is pretty absurd, given the number of packs per box and boxes per case. I haven't seen an actual pack, but if someone can provide the odds/pack of a mini base I can compute the factorial.
The odds of winning the lottery are "pretty absurd" too but it seems to happen for some people!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
This is funny. So because he bought a bunch of cases, they should give him a prize?! LOL, that's a good one!
Quote:
The odds of winning the lottery are "pretty absurd" too but it seems to happen for some people!

Topps claims the cards fall at the same rate as any other mini in packs. He made 3 full sets of #1-350 minis plus I'm sure many he got 4, 5, or 6 copies each of. If collation were that bad where 25 cases wouldn't yield at least 1 non-SP mini, like the Strasburg, then there would be more numbers that he wouldn't have gotten or some numbers he would have only gotten 1 or 2 of. Its a statistical impossibility to not pull one in 25 cases if they were distributed through the entire product run at the same rate as any other Mini. This is not a case of bad luck. This is a case of Topps shipping a bunch of dead cases to the distributors.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

And BTW - We aren't just talking about Brett's 25 cases either. His own experience would be a statistical impossibility, but when you add in the 75 or so other cases that were opened Wednesday from distributors, that also yielded zero Strasburg minis, you can bet that every other mini in the set showed up 12-15 times in those 100 cases... except the "non short printed" Strasburg. I'm sure its just bad luck that 100 distributor cases had ZERO.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
And BTW - We aren't just talking about Brett's 25 cases either. His own experience would be a statistical impossibility, but when you add in the 75 or so other cases that were opened Wednesday from distributors, that also yielded zero Strasburg minis, you can bet that every other mini in the set showed up 12-15 times in those 100 cases... except the "non short printed" Strasburg. I'm sure its just bad luck that 100 distributor cases had ZERO.
Cases are random. Every case opened now could contain a Strasburg and that would make it "non short printed" like every other mini. Did he get shorted minis...I doubt it. He got what the packaging said he would get...so he didn't get the best card in the set...call the cops!!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Cases are random. Every case opened now could contain a Strasburg and that would make it "non short printed" like every other mini. Did he get shorted minis...I doubt it. He got what the packaging said he would get...so he didn't get the best card in the set...call the cops!!

But why now? So where the mini's not distributed evenly? Where they only inserted in a later production run? You can't be serious with the "he got what the package said he would get" crap. How do you put 10 mini sets together and not get a single Strasburg mini that is suppose to have the same odds of getting. Come on.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
But why now? So where the mini's not distributed evenly? Where they only inserted in a later production run? You can't be serious with the "he got what the package said he would get" crap. How do you put 10 mini sets together and not get a single Strasburg mini that is suppose to have the same odds of getting. Come on.
Why do all the good cards go to Taiwan? Are they distributed evenly? Show me where it says "If you buy X number of cases you will get X number of sets".

It's just funny that people b*tch about not getting the best card in the set when they aren't "guaranteed" to get it to begin with!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

You guys are forgetting that I pulled a perfectly collated case of topps finest. They make an effort to collate correctly. Legally, they actually have to make an effort under the U.S. Sweepstakes Rules (that's why you can always send in a post card to obtain an insert at the same odds).

I'm all for bad luck -- I've had my share, as have we all -- but bad luck and production ERRORS are different.

ES
Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
You guys are forgetting that I pulled a perfectly collated case of topps finest. They make an effort to collate correctly. Legally, they actually have to make an effort under the U.S. Sweepstakes Rules (that's why you can always send in a post card to obtain an insert at the same odds).

I'm all for bad luck -- I've had my share, as have we all -- but bad luck and production ERRORS are different.

ES
Exactly. This is not a case of bad luck. Far from it.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

yes, the mr. boo seems to not understand fully

and yes topps does have to insure collation, not just legally but due to contracts

but none of that matters

point is if you open any amount of cards you know how it works... i hit 10-16 of every mini INCLUDING the SP 301-350, no strasburg

it's fine though, nothing i can do
Old 07-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

source from topps tells me several cases from one sorting/packing facility may NOT have had strasburgs in them
which is probably true

distributors got those and hobby stores got the rest as hobby ships AFTER distributors
Old 07-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
yes, the mr. boo seems to not understand fully

and yes topps does have to insure collation, not just legally but due to contracts

but none of that matters

point is if you open any amount of cards you know how it works... i hit 10-16 of every mini INCLUDING the SP 301-350, no strasburg

it's fine though, nothing i can do
I understand everything. Problems/errors happen. Does everyone need to b*tch and complain about everything in life? I know you have said there is nothing you can do but others seem to think you should sue Topps and win $100 MILLION DOLLARS!!