Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   News & Announcements (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/news-announcements/)
-   -   Ebay changes for the Fall.... (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/news-announcements/92049-ebay-changes-fall.html)

blowoutcards 09-07-2010 08:55 AM

Ebay changes for the Fall....

Important Reminder for Sellers: Fall Updates Going Live

[url=http://announcements.ebay.com/2010/08/important-reminder-for-sellers-fall-updates-going-live/]Important Reminder for Sellers: Fall Updates Going Live | eBay Announcement Page[/url]

Attention sellers! The following updates, originally announced on July 13th, are now live or coming soon. With the holiday selling season just around the corner, these updates are designed to help you take full advantage of the increased holiday traffic, maximize sales, and streamline your operations.

* Industry-standard shipping terms—Economy , Standard, Expedited, and One-day—are coming the week of September 20th. These shipping options will be displayed prominently along with estimated delivery time on the item page and in checkout. Listings will be automatically updated with the new terms. If you currently use “Standard Flat Rate Shipping”, “Expedited Flat Rate Shipping” or “Other (see description)” you may want to update your listings with one or more of the new options.

* New shopping experience for iPod/MP3 players, GPS, and DVDs. Starting September 20, listing these items with the eBay catalog will be required—including Good ‘Til Cancelled listings—and you pay no Insertion Fees when you list or relist with the catalog. To learn how to maximize sales in these categories within eBay’s new shopping experience, participate in our free live webinar September 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM PST. Space is limited so register now!

More updates to streamline your operations:

Available now:

* Customize your Automated Answers (Smart FAQ) to handle questions buyers ask you most often. Automated Answers is now enabled for all sellers.
* Purchase low-cost insurance with ShipCover when you pay for shipping and print labels right on eBay.
* Use Unpaid Item Assistant to relist items automatically when an unpaid item case closes and the buyer still hasn’t paid.
* “Ask a question” link now appears further down the item page for 50% of buyers. If it continues to be successful in reducing questions and setting the right buyer expectations upfront without negative impact on purchases, it will be launched for all buyers by the end of 2010.

Available week of September 7:

* Use the eBay Listing Analytics application to track the performance of your listings. It’s free!
* Pass on your shipping discounts to your buyers with the Shipping Calculator.
* Take advantage of more shipping options for special domestic areas including Alaska and Hawaii.
* Use enhanced My Messages to manage your buyer emails.

Available week of September 13:

* Bulk edit more fields, revise up to 500 listings at once.

For more information, see the original announcement and a complete overview of the Fall Seller Update. Use our handy 2010 Seller Checklist to stay on top of important changes.

Note: This announcement was updated at 10:25 AM PT with the correct launch date for industry-standard shipping terms (week of September 20th). We apologize for the incorrect date announced earlier.

IndySportsCards 09-07-2010 09:32 AM

When I see *Flat seller fee

I'll consider using them again.

jlzinck 09-07-2010 10:07 AM

These maggots should crawl back into holes they came out of.

My daughter sold her 1st item on this crap site, a college teaching text book.

They would only let her charge $3.99 shipping. It cose her over $7 with D/C

The Madbacker 09-08-2010 08:57 PM

F- Ebay. COMC for all your cards.

jj705a1 09-09-2010 12:40 AM

eBay is killing themselves. It's not worth selling on there anymore. The buyers will be there, but the sellers are probably dwindling.

cruiserdaddy7 09-09-2010 01:07 AM

They are trying to copy the model of Amazon in many ways. Shame they will never be nearly as solid from both a buyer and seller standpoint. They are creating their own collapse, and its still shocking nobody can create an auction site and run with it.

IndySportsCards 09-09-2010 01:34 AM

It would take a massive marketing campaign and a period of free listings but someone would take on Ebay now and win out I believe. I don't think anybody wants to invest that kind of money, especially knowing the [URL="http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=EBAY+Interactive#chart1:symbol=ebay;range=5y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined"]direction ebay is going.[/URL]

IndySportsCards 09-09-2010 01:35 AM

would = could

boxbreaker88 09-09-2010 01:43 AM

how much are fees ?

IndySportsCards 09-09-2010 01:46 AM

[QUOTE=boxbreaker88;729237]how much are fees ?[/QUOTE]

Fees vary depending on your final selling price.

for examples, [URL="http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html"]go here[/URL] and type in different ending prices to see how they get their larger unwarranted cut IMHO

frozenntimesports 09-09-2010 10:07 AM

I believe I read an analysts report that said "Very few corporations have as toxic and hostile relationship with their customers as eBay."

Nuff said.

jebjeb1 09-09-2010 10:38 AM

Sending more and more items under $5 to COMC this year and have been thrilled with my sales and service. Ebay has become a complete joke, but still the only game in town for high end items.

Ebay will be a non-factor in five years as hopefully COMC will find a way to sell via auction as well.

Highcheese4U 09-09-2010 08:23 PM

Sportlots is also worthwhile for me. Ebay has always been questionable IMHO! I've been a member since Mar2001 and I don't have that many great things to say about it... other than if you are residing overseas it can be a life-saver but thats about it!

washingtonmark 09-09-2010 08:28 PM

If only more there was a bigger movement towards COMC. They have constant quarterly growth, and can do nothing but get better.

I highly recommend COMC to any card collector, whether you are a buyer,seller,flipper, etc this site is the future of card collecting.

Highcheese4U 09-09-2010 09:46 PM

Thats because COMC isnt always better...

skeen 09-09-2010 10:26 PM

How can you bring down EBAY .. where 99% of the sales o through via PAYPAL

PAYPAL is EBAY itself

Honestly EBAY is the only one benefitting with the Hobby

The Madbacker 09-09-2010 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=boxbreaker88;729237]how much are fees ?[/QUOTE]

On the average, I lose 15-20% from every sale after listing, closing and Paypal fees.

golferphil 09-10-2010 12:54 AM

[QUOTE=The Madbacker;730746]On the average, I lose 15-20% from every sale after listing, closing and Paypal fees.[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right. Anywhere from 9%-14% in eBay fees and $.30 + 2.9% for the required and soon to be only payment method - PayPal (which as has been said is eBay as well).

Best way to put it is "they get you coming and going" :eek:

Highcheese4U 09-10-2010 03:52 AM

If you don't like ebay, just don't buy or sell your stuff on there.. I agree with a lot of what is said here but what are the alternatives really?!?!?

solt0131 09-10-2010 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=The Madbacker;730746]On the average, I lose 15-20% from every sale after listing, closing and Paypal fees.[/QUOTE]

But if you charge $3 shipping and it only costs 88 cents or over a $1 to ship, you get all those fees back.

Nicnac 09-10-2010 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=Highcheese4U;730960]If you don't like ebay, just don't buy or sell your stuff on there.. I agree with a lot of what is said here but what are the alternatives really?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Exactly... chicken and the egg effect. Can't find what I want anywhere else, Can't sell what I want to anywhere else. I hate the double rape as much as anyone and still wonder how it can be legal since everyone KNOWS ebay owns the pay company... but anyway. It is what it is right now.

golferphil 09-10-2010 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=Nicnac;731679]Exactly... chicken and the egg effect. Can't find what I want anywhere else, Can't sell what I want to anywhere else. I hate the double rape as much as anyone and still wonder how it can be legal since everyone KNOWS ebay owns the pay company... but anyway. It is what it is right now.[/QUOTE]

I have often thought the same thing. Especially now that eBay is going to allow [I]only [/I]PayPal as payment method. I suppose it is their sandbox and they can do what they want...

Highcheese4U 09-11-2010 05:09 AM

Exactly... just a tad-bit frustrating but ebay is about the only game in town....so be it unless someone w/resources wants to step up to the plate and give us an alternative.

leebal24 09-11-2010 10:52 PM

I have been a member of FEE BAY for 10+ years with over 15,000 feedback and since i found COMC i rarely are selling anything of late auction style! They take all sellers rights away with us not being able to leave negative when someone doesn't pay-but the buyer who didn't pay can????.Yea that neutral really scares people off.....I told ebay cs that i hope someone comes in and ends there run-COME ON BILL GATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chilly55 09-12-2010 08:45 AM

With only one way to pay, they will drive off buyers. I always accept M.O. or personal checks (clear first) and offer discounts for those who pay that way. I'd rather give the buyer a discount than give Feebay/Paypal their cut. They are nothing more than Greedy, and their day is coming. Just ask Comcast. They had been raising our rates for a good 10 years straight until Fios came to town. I know of 6 people around me who jumped from Comcast to Fios immediately. Comcast had total domination, but now are losing their shirts.

Same thing will happen to Feebay. It's just a matter of time. Really, only 1 way to pay. They need to get the stick up out of their a** and listen to the complaints. Oh wait, Comcast didn't care and looked what happened. Guess Feebay will follow shortly.

My 2 cents.

Bill