Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 8-Box Case Break Indiana Jones KOTCS

This was a fun break...don't know if I got anything good...

4 Autos
5 Sketches (Really like the Indy one by CH?)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any help with artist (Sketch) and pricing on both auto's and Sketches would be appreciated.

Last edited by Monsters; 12-18-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tai

Yeah, the CH is Chris Henderson and he is the only sketch worth much but not a whole lot. I would say $10-20 range for that sketch on a good day. The top right is Ryan Waterhouse $1, middle right is Kevin Doyle(it looks like a puzzle piece) maybe $2-5, bottom left Stephanie Yue maybe $2-3, and bottom middle "Ram" Molinelli $2-3. The auto's are good though. I've seen the Karen Allens go anywhere from $15-25 on average and the John Hurt goes for around $10-20. Assuming you got in for less than $100 you might get half your money back and that is better than the norm for this set. The good sketches are extremely rare and is not worth the chase but anytime you get 2 Karen Allen autos you got off easy since it could have been much worse. Not bad overall.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tai

I should qualify my pricing on the Henderson. It is a very nice sketch but I've seen the same image and have owned one as well. It is known as a repeat sketch where the artist just repeats the sketches usually due to time restrictions. The big name sketches you are looking for in this set imo is Adam Hughes($350-400) and Trevor Grove(similar to Hughes in pricing) but they are both also in Indiana Jones Heritage and you are better off chasing sketches in Heritage rather than KOTCS. The sketches look much better in Heritage and have nothing to do with the 4th movie which is a good thing.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the info Tai....picked this up during BO Christmas sale. $99
Was not expecting to make money, just thought it would be a fun rip. Then top sketch is just silly...my 4 yr old draws better
Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsters View Post
Thanks for the info Tai....picked this up during BO Christmas sale. $99
Was not expecting to make money, just thought it would be a fun rip. Then top sketch is just silly...my 4 yr old draws better
No problem, glad to help. The "artist" Ryan Waterhouse is hated by many collectors as he plagues many sketch product breaks.
If you ever want to try an Indy product again I would recommend Indiana Jones Heritage in the price range of $100-130 if available. If you have a minute you should check out:www.indianajonessketchcards.com - Topps Indiana Jones Heritage for a better idea why some of us were addicted to these sketch products. Some artists to check out include Russ Walks, Sean Pence, Joe Corroney, Adam Hughes, Trevor Grove(a personal favorite), Mark Brooks, and Mark Mchaley for starters. I pulled an Adam Hughes from a set of cases from last Black Friday via Blowout so there are still some gems out there. Good luck
Old 12-18-2010, 03:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

the Hurt and Allen autos were fetching $30-$50 per back in the day. cases were selling for $200+ too. you did pretty well as you surely beat the odds, congrats.
starwars808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nice Karen Allen's! I still need to pick one of those up.
DaDude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

interested in the john hurt auto lmk what you are looking for in return