Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #51 (permalink)

Great pull $$$ Huge money. I would estimate it being worth $10k-$20k.

It wouldn't be something I would want in my collection.

But if I collected WWII memorabilia, I would want that card.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

My Guess? Upwards of $20K.

CONGRATZ!
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #53 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Wow - congrats - you hit THE card. Very jealous, I would LOVE to own something like that. On a side note, I am glad you hit that from a NON BO case ... b/c I would have been kicking myself forever for not buying any cases from BO. At least now I know I had no chance.

As for the morons saying you need to donate money from the sale, just ignore them, and enjoy your 10 + grand

Again, congrats, and so, so jealous right now

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #54 (permalink)

Huge pull and huge congrats! There's nothing like a great cut auto imo. Very sick! Definitely more than 10K!
baskettrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #55 (permalink)
Tim

Thanks to all for the well-wishes.

I have received some inquiries about selling the card. I guess to save everyone time I will state here that I do expect the card to go between 10 and 20 thousand, and I plan to use an auction house unless I get an offer from someone here that is in that range that I feel is worth taking ahead of using the auction house.

I am still in shock over having pulled the card and still in wonder/horror at seeing this madman's signature in my possession. (And especially as someone pointed out toward the end of his life after all his atrocities had been committed.) The historical significance is overwhelming.

Anyway, glad you all could see the card for yourselves here first!
Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #56 (permalink)

Congrats, Tim!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #57 (permalink)

Mat Wheeler must still be holding his new baby girl. He hasn't posted in here yet.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #58 (permalink)

crazy pull. congrats
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #59 (permalink)

CONGRATS on the pull of a lifetime! I'm a huge fan of history and I love learning as much as I can! I get chills just looking at that card!!!
crow085723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #60 (permalink)

What a great pull, very interesting item for collectors of WWII history. Good luck on your sale.
thriller13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #61 (permalink)

Incredible pull.....I can't imagine how it must have felt when you realized what you had there. Good luck with whatever you do with it!
My Recent Top Hits-2011 BDP Mike Trout Superfractor #1/1, 2011 BDP Dante Bichette red #1/1, 2011 BDP Archie Bradley Purple Ref Auto /10, 2011 Tier One Manny Pacquiao Autograph, 2011 Tier One Eric Hosmer/Billy Butler Dual Auto /25, 2011 Elite Namath/Starr Passing The Torch Dual Auto
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #62 (permalink)

Wow! What a horrific pull! Congrats!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #63 (permalink)

Congrats... still some big ones out there but this one takes the cake.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #64 (permalink)

WTF is this Hitler guy anyways, what sport, team, and position did he play
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #65 (permalink)

I would think it will get you 20-25K
Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #66 (permalink)

Man...I know how I'd feel pulling this if it were me. Considering he may have taken the lives of some people along my family tree...

I will say that it is one of those once in a lifetime type pulls and you will have a nice sale. I really would advise that some of the money from a sale go to a holocaust survivors charity or something along those lines.

I have no clue what this might net you, no clue if more cuts will show up down the line in other releases.

Personally if I had the funds, I would get it and burn it, taking no consideration into the historical significance of it, but that is my gut talking.

There are plenty of other items out there in this world that people are holding which probably have the same type of impact which may or may not make it out into the main stream in some sort of auction or card release.

For historians this is huge.

I mean how would someone in say Cuba feel about getting something w/JFK, or someone in Japan getting something w/FDR?
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #67 (permalink)

Really happy to see you were the one who pulled that Tim

Tremendous piece of world history right there. People need to get off the soap box with the donate the money and all the other BS. ANYONE who says they wouldn't want to pull that card or would give away the proceeds from the sale is FULL OF SH*T.

Would be tough for me personally to sell right now given the economy and how things are selling at bargain prices these days. I can only see the value of an authentic Hitler signature going up over time unlike 95% of the stuff made today.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #68 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
really would advise that some of the money from a sale go to a holocaust survivors charity or something along those lines.
Why?? You realize the guy who pulled this has nothing to do with killing Jews 60 years ago right?

Should someone who pulls one of the old presidential cuts have to donate money to the NAACP since that president owned slaves?

Not really jumping on you, but its like the 10th time someone has said this guy should/needs to donate some of his money on a card that he pulled b/c the cut auto is of an evil man. Its just stupid. Tim has no obligation to donate anything.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #69 (permalink)

If I pull an aaron rodgers auto i'll donate the money to steeler fans for their emotional distress from the superbowl

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
Like it or not, these are people entrenched in history forever. 200 years from now everyone will still know Hitler and Bin Laden. They both got what they had coming to them. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to own a piece of history that will live on forever....right or wrong...good or evil.

Congrats and thanks for showing it!
Bolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #71 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to rogersdad Send a message via Yahoo to rogersdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
I think he played soccer on the German National team.
My Site:
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn271/KAV2005/AUTOGRAPHS-GAME%20USED/
rogersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #72 (permalink)

This donating BS is crazy haha
Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
The German Nazis - WW2 League. He was the manager but really out of touch with play on the field. Lot's of yelling and screaming, and the coach and assistant coaches just sorta went with everything. They tried to push him out once but it only ended up with their heads rolling. Eventually, the All-Stars finished their run.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Why?? You realize the guy who pulled this has nothing to do with killing Jews 60 years ago right?

Should someone who pulls one of the old presidential cuts have to donate money to the NAACP since that president owned slaves?

Not really jumping on you, but its like the 10th time someone has said this guy should/needs to donate some of his money on a card that he pulled b/c the cut auto is of an evil man. Its just stupid. Tim has no obligation to donate anything.
I have been thinking the same thing...If I would have pulled it, I would have sold it, cashed the profits into 1 dollar bills, filled up a kiddie pool with them and sunbathed naked.

But I am just crazy like that! Woot Woot!

Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #75 (permalink)

Wow. Guess i will respond to some of the things said after i mentioned i would donate some of the profits.

"This is whats wrong with the world"

You live in a shiny shiny place if my opinion is what you think is wrong with the world lol.

"Donating is something people say that didn't pull it"

I had no interest in the product. Just not my thing. Nothing wrong with it and I am sure lots of people really like it. Had I been interested and i pulled I promise you I would make a nice donation. I wouldnt want to profit off that name and not give something back. Just me and how I think.

This makes me dumb?

Its the ops card and if he looks at it different thats cool. I would donate some to even out the fact that I am "profitting" of a monster... of course the op isn't responsible for hitlers sad actions (said to someone else) but why not give some back?

I donate to people less fortunate alott... and i dont have any more than most people just getting by in life. People are built differently and see things differently. No reason to get but hurt